It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owls the messengers of death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I like to hike and mountain bike so I spend a fair amount of time in the woods. If anything, I take an owl sighting as good luck as I'm fascinated by them and always feel fortunate to have seen one. Can happily watch them just perch and seeing them weave through the forest amazes me. -And maybe makes me a little jealous to be honest.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Well, let me tell you my story. There is no way to prove it one way or another don't think.
Not so long ago this past winter an owl hooted around this area of where I live for several days. Now of
course they hunt and then move to new territory where there is food I'm told.
Now, for the scary part..I, doubting there was really anything to the rumors told a friend about it..fried said
it's a bad omen..I was shocked as I thought he was sort of more closed to things like that..well, turns out
not long afterwards one of my sons in laws died suddenly and was only 30 years old. It may have been
that it could have been prevented with proper medical attention before he died but who knows for sure?
Just don't assume anything as after all they, these beautiful birds, must hunt thus eat SOMEWHERE.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Owl does carry a message on the Spirit Wind. The Owl can look through the tall grass and see the mouse hiding, so the message is one of the ability to see beyond the illusion, to see into the darkness. Typically it means for the person who is visited by an owl that there is a deception afoot and to see it for what it really is.

The Owl is a good force when more negative energies are present, as the Owl will expose those who are cloaked in deception and lies.

Perhaps someone close to the OP is hiding something! Three locations and three separate Owls, it may be time to listen and see things for what they really are!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Nothing has happened so far...

My mother was told today they would have to amputate her leg in a month or so. I don't think its related to the owls warning. The more and more i think about it i think they were trying to tell me something. To those that say its just coincidence i have heard owls before in the wild, but i think what alarmed me besides hearing 3 in one day is the hoot may have been a distinct hoot. The moment i heard the first i can remember memories of the past occurences and my loved ones passing. The second owl it almost brought tears. And the third alarmed me and made my heart race.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
holy #
i just realized the same day i saw that owl, i found out later that day my great uncle died. i dont know why i didnt realize that sooner

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Another thought i had just now. Owls are normally nocturnal it would be quite uncommon to hear two in one day in different locations? The third was at night

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"The owls are not what they seem..."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In dread. Cold.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc3e650f27bc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i don't know about the messenger of death, but when The Elites gather every year for their little shindig at Bohemian Grove, they have a ritual worshiping a giant 40 foot owl statue....
And don't forget the film "The Fourth Kind", where alien abductees are remembering owl faces when in fact it was aliens they were seeing.....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
ive found it weird ive had a few dreams with owls, once heard one outside my room and have the photographed picture of a family of owls in my room

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
In the past ive heard owls a few times. When they visit my home normally someone has passes close behind. Today im a bit nervous and worried as i was visiting friends in two different locations and heard the owls in both locations. Then when i arrived home i heard one this very evening. Anyone familiar with this occurrence it is really bothering me.

Just realized tomorrow is friday the 13th how alarming. Think ill just stay home tommorow
edit on 12-5-2011 by Shaiker because: added info

Let me guess, you saw the movie of the supposed true story of the people who claimed to have had abductions of "the fourth kind"? Yea, the movie where they all went under hypnosis and swore to have had seen a white owl.

Plenty of people saner than most of us on ATS believe it's a fake movie. It is based on a story. It's hollywood's way of tricking people into more entertaining movies. That movie would have been a total bust had it not been for the lie that it is was based on truth.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Many cultures have had their own ideas about messengers of death or doom. William Shakespeare wrote "when beggars die there are no comets seen, but the heavens themselves are ablaze with the death of a prince." Not sure if that was an exact quote, but people took it to mean comets predict the fall of a ruler. I remember hearing this theory myself way back in '72, the year before Kahoutek flew by and Nixon resigned. Well... this theory sounds a little more sophisticated, anyway.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Actually i do believe in aliens but it would be crazy to think for a sec that im any different from anyone else. I figure being abducted by aliens are as about as likely as winning the lottery. Ive never heard of the movie your referencing but i may have to watch it. This thread is more the superstitious belief that ( earth) owls are the messengers of death.Stay focused and on topic buddy

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Healing "The Owl" and More
« Thread Started on May 5, 2011, 7:37am » [Quote]
I recorded myself asking about the status of The Owl.

I used to think the Owl was a metaphor for the reptilians/demons and other negative entities. In a way it is, but that isn't exactly it.

When Atom and Eve were first manifested by the One as the Couple who would begin the Creative process, it was all very new and The One didn't really understand the One's self.

The two aspects of the nature of the One, and then Atom, were love and power. Atom experienced these two parts of His mind and in an instant of confusion, saw them as two separate beings.

The Owl was born at that instant. The Owl is separation from the Oneness of everything.

You can only harm others if you don't feel that they are a part of yourself. Thus we can have murder, war and cruelty on every level.

The Owl has been miserable feeling this separation. He had no affection for his own "children" the reptilians. He felt connected to no one but himself.

The Couple were advised to let him feel what he had been missing. His mate took the form of Oneness.

He experienced this love and for the first time saw himself as part of the One as are all of us.

Attachment: 5 Owl speaks and I had seperation.mp3 (20.3 KB)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I read that owls can be the reincarnation of the dead. Also they can be a symbol for fertility, a symbol for darkness within, or as you were afraid of a symbol of evil and death.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though. Maybe you have just gotten real lucky and been in the right place at the right time to see some owls.

Good luck!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by painterdude

i think shakespeare was right but he was referring to a spiritual prince. yogic science teaches that when a spiritual giant has mahasamahdi, a comet or meteor is seen streaking thru the heavens.

a chap i know in brisbane recently died from leukemia or the chemicals used to treat it after several years. an owl appeared about 3 days before his death and stayed near the house. after the person died the owl was found dead on the verander. wierd!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of an experience I had about 10 months ago.
I live quite rural & had to drive into town around 8.30pm to drop my daughter off. There are no streetlights etc, just the headlights of my car.
As I was driving, an owl swooped in front of my windscreen scaring the heck out of us, & just missing being hit.
(I was travelling around 90-100km hr)
We went about another 10 km ,& were just starting relax, when another owl started WALKING onto the road ahead. I swerved & missed it, but it didnt fly out of the way (as I would 've imagined it would as I got closer).
Then about another 5-10km along the road, a THIRD owl was sitting along the roadside.It too stayed put, & didnt flinch at my approach.
Both my daughter & I were thinking WTF!
I should add I NEVER see owls arond where I am, day or night.
It was a freaky night that had us both very unsettled, as we both had heard the 'omens' owls supposedly represent.
But thank God, we didnt hear of any deaths, but I can tell you we were BOTH worried!

I should add that we didn't hear so much as a 'hoot' form ANY of these owls!

edit on 17-5-2011 by jewells because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join