It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owls the messengers of death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In the past ive heard owls a few times. When they visit my home normally someone has passes close behind. Today im a bit nervous and worried as i was visiting friends in two different locations and heard the owls in both locations. Then when i arrived home i heard one this very evening. Anyone familiar with this occurrence it is really bothering me.

Just realized tomorrow is friday the 13th how alarming. Think ill just stay home tommorow
edit on 12-5-2011 by Shaiker because: added info

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, Muut was a Native American psychopomp. He was an owl headed man who guided the dead to the afterlife. Maybe it just all wasn't folklore and stories?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Not to worry. The Sioux strongly believe hat the Owl IS/WAS a messengeer of death. But remember, Owls also represent knowledge..If you're spirituality is open, rest well, that perhaps the Owl is a messenger of peace. Don't worry so much, or you'll give the negativity power.l

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
LOL.

I have always loved owls. IMHO they are villified for no reason at all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Actually that may hold some merit of truth, or not.

My grandmother knows of many legends and fables that have been told to her when she was a child. AS a child during school summer vacations I would visit her in Mexico she would tell me freaky stories before I went to sleep (she enjoyed messing with me).

Anyhow, legends state that if one were visited by or have seen a white owl, means one of 2 things. Bad luck or someone is going to die (peacefully or otherwise).

So yeah who knows.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

they are natural living creatures who hunt, sleep, and survive, just like all creatures. theres nothing to worry about.
i am pretty certain their purpose is not to go around warning human beings about a death in their family or within their pool of friends/work mates that certain person knows.

they are not here because they see humans as something special they must help, they see us the same as any other creature, they would proberbly hunt us if they were larger. they proberbly could not give a damn about humans or humans beings lives or well being, they just survive, some proberbly do develop relationships with humans but you can bet that person cares for them and feeds them or is around them all the time and developed a bond with that person.

i do not get why we think other creatures see us as special and are warning us... why warn us? why not spend their lives warning cows about a future death in the herd? why do we consider ourselves more important or worthy that we think every creature are here to watch over us or care for us?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

The first occurrence that i noticed this with the owls was with a white owl. 5 to 7 hours later my grandmother passed. She had been suffering from brain cancer for sometime so it was viewed as merciful but still sad al the same

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Yes, I was taught that to see and hear an owl meant a death, and that wisdom was to come to the one who heard the call. My whole family saw, and heard a hoot owl three days before my loving step Father was killed in a bad car wreck. I was also taught that to see a crow, a blackbird, over the left shoulder meant a death in the family. These are called omens in American Indian lore. I am part Montauk, my wife is Cherokee.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

i hope they arnt messengers of death, i just saw one in the forest near my house yesterday

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
dont forget bohemian grove and all those wackos making whoopy to owls...
be careful,
maybe tho david bowie is gonna come and sing you a song...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My exgirlfriend was obsessed with owls....I guess I was dating the harbinger of death...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've heard of The Lechusa, La Chusa, or Lechuza from a Spanish friend...it's supposed to be a Large White Owl that is actually a Witch and if you see one, death is near...whistle at it and see if it whistles back!

Lechusa

La Chusa

Lechuza
edit on 5/13/2011 by Givenmay because: Add Link

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
In the past ive heard owls a few times. When they visit my home normally someone has passes close behind. Today im a bit nervous and worried as i was visiting friends in two different locations and heard the owls in both locations. Then when i arrived home i heard one this very evening. Anyone familiar with this occurrence it is really bothering me.

Just realized tomorrow is friday the 13th how alarming. Think ill just stay home tommorow
Yes, the owl is a metaphor for the evil energy on this planet as a whole. If the owls are bothering you, do something about it. Talk to them, tell them to leave stop following me, you cannot touch me. Think of purple when thinking this, its a protection color. Think positive, dont show it fear, be strong and let me know what happens

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Owls are great birds who eat mice, squirrels, and snakes. I have them in my woods. Sometimes at night they start whooing. Tonight when I took the dogs out at 9:00pm one was in my front yard and it started whooing,,,, this is how they calll another owl or locate a mate. I started whooing back to it. We had a conversation for a while. Owls are territorial and stay in the same area. They sleep high up in the trees during the daytime. So they hear me talking and are used to the family. I once watched an owl rip a squirrel out of its nest on a Saturday morning fifteen years ago in Virginia. They don't eat the tail. Owl pellets can be found on the floor of the woods with the bones of the animal in the pellet. My son's science class gave each child a pellet to reassemble the bones and glue them on card board. Owls are just nature. Hawks, eagles, and osprey eat people's small pets.
Such as rabbits, cats, and dogs under 5 lbs. Cyotes also eat people's pets. Pecocks love snakes. Pigs also eat snakes. Whip r wils and bobwhites are birds with unique bird sounds. Enjoy your owl and get on with life.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Everyone is hung up on the death messenger thing? An interesting read I found involving some of this distrust of the owl and its symbolism throughout a few cultures:
www.owlpages.com...

(O|O)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by anon102

The first occurrence that i noticed this with the owls was with a white owl. 5 to 7 hours later my grandmother passed. She had been suffering from brain cancer for sometime so it was viewed as merciful but still sad al the same

Wow, are you serious? Hmm, gotta be coincidence. Who knows man. Wow, really it got me thinking. Going to do some research.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Oh, I just had one of those "separated by a common language" moments!
You mean someone dies! I thought you meant 'passes' as in walks by! Why do Americans have so much trouble saying "s/he died/is dead/death"?
Doesn't it ever lead to ambiguity? I see on TV shows for instance dialogue like the following :
Her: "What happened to Chloe?"
Him: "She's gone".
Her: "Gone where? She said she would be here today, has she gone to New York after all?"
Him: (Embarassed) "Er, there was a car accident, when she was on her way here"
I once spent most of a movie expecting a character to pop up again, because "What happened to Chloe" answered with "she's gone" meant to me, that she was in another city, when all along she had been killed in the gunfight at the start...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I see owls in a different manner.

If I am out late at night and I see an owl, I take it to mean that I should be careful and alert.

There have been times where I was dozing off to sleep at the wheel late at night and a white owl would swoop in front of my car and jolt me awake. I have never felt any bad vibes from them.

I feel like they are actually assisting me by warning me of dangers.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
the owl is more properly associated with wisdom, insight, intuition, 2nd sight...
an owl is also a messenger which brings a clarity of the the 'secret' to the receiver,
wherein hidden knowledge is revealed, unlocked, deciphered by the human...
Owl in that case is a refreshing visual clue that something big is coming your way.

one does not need to be Shaman for the owl spirit to work...
perhaps the untimely 'passing' of a person or relative might be associated with the observing of an Owl,
but it is just a superstitious twist to label Owl as primarily a harbinger/omen/token of a death. (IMHO)

see
shop.hauntedcuriosities.com...
search.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Very nice animals. I don't see them as a messengers of death. I see them like carriers of wisdom, I don't know why but that is the vibes I feel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join