It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

What a novel idea that no one has ever had before!

Seriously though, 20 year olds don't know anything about anything.

Why would they want to run the world when they could be having sex and getting smashed? I know which sounds more fun to me.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And we bear the brunt because of 'the sins of our fathers'... The bad kind I mean.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have seen people in position of responsibility in their 20's. And I mean actual company directors.

They dont garner respect because although they may have high levele qualifications, they have no experience in actually doing the job.

That can be dangerous.

Wisdom needs to be passed from one generation to another. By the method of learning at your masters knee so to speak.

Funny the OP should put a cut off at 30.

I'm 33. So can I retire now!???, I have been working for a living since 16 years old. and I am tired now. (that is now more than 50% of my life)

SO you see OP. As my mother said. You are a long time old. I know it seems exciting, like the first day at a new school!. But the real world isn't that amazing. the true amazing world is the one that all us post thiry old ones, want to get back to

Being 20 again!
edit on 13/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The future of America...............NO THANKS!. The young are just troubled spoiled drunk brats. I say let America burn if this isthe future. I'm sick of this party drinking life Americans have.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So naive to believe it would be that easy, that's why your young kid, you still have many years to go and chances are when you hit 30 and you see your post again, you'll laugh at it.

Do you really think it's a good idea to put people with limited experience (both in life and their occupation) into the top levels of power only to remove them when they're expierianced after a 4-6 years. Not to mention this wouldn't change the older people that own the companies, and they already have consultants, they're called lobbyists.

Good luck with a youth that'll be given power and tempted by it and greed during the most impressionable years, I'm pretty sure most will ignore the chance and go on with their lives when they hit 30...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Personally I see two problems with this idea (despite part of me agreeing with the principle to some extent.)

One is that these "old people" were once young themselves, and in my opinion they still made the mistakes, fell to the corruption, followed the greedy paths, and committed the acts that have led to the current state of affairs (whether intentionally or not... and at least in some cases, it had to be intentional in my opinion, youth notwithstanding.) There can be young sociopaths and crooks, just as there can be old ones.

The other is that this risks disenfranchising people outside of this age window. What about all of the people their age who aren't corrupt, and do have good intentions? They have to arbitrarily sit things out because they're over a certain age? Are we to argue that there are no people in our society over a certain age that aren’t corrupt? And if, instead, our argument is that no one who isn’t corrupt can gain the kind of power we’re talking about, then is that not a problem with our political system itself, and not restricted to age?

In my opinion the problems endemic to our society (and I say this as someone about to turn 30, so I fall within the age window specified herein) come in all ages. They are corruption, greed, cronyism, sociopathy, and procrastination. And, sadly, these traits can exist in human beings whether they're ten or one hundred years old.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 5/13/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Youthquake!

ok. who are these young people and what do their daddies do?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Why such a rush to get where you want to go ?

Normally you will get there anyway, over the next ten or so years to the 40's to enter politics, etc.

I think the reason why it's always been that way is wisdom. No offence meant, but, it does come with experience which means years of living and learning. And real wisdom I think comes when you live what you have learned in that time. Hence why so many leaders are older people.

I'm over 50 and I didn't wreck anything.. it was already on it's way to wrecked by the time I got here. Sadly.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason Paul
So naive to believe it would be that easy, that's why your young kid, you still have many years to go and chances are when you hit 30 and you see your post again, you'll laugh at it.

No, hopefully when this generation gets to 30 they will be willing to help and not just laugh.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This thread is, de facto, worthless, since it repeats a theme that is as old as humanity. The elders have the experience and knowledge gained by living many years on this planet and the young believe, they could do without it. But as soon as the young have fallen on their noses enough, they have become knowledgeable and experienced, but by then they already belong to the elders...-

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have never understood the argument for better generations. Maybe certain generations have been able to better handle the world in which they live in, the generations as a whole do not create the reality of the present.

The present reality is created and innovated by individuals, some young, some old, some very young and some very old.

People do things at different stages and they do it in individual fields. No one generation combined will change anything.

Who developed micro chips? An entire generation or a single or couple of people?

Same goes with most technology and advancement. The problem becomes entitlement. The generation that lives during the onset of a new technology is mostly responsible for it being developed, because of current technology that allowed the advancement, yet it is the following generations who use the new technology who feel entitled by it.

Just because you spend 16-20 hours a day staring at a computer or video game LED screen doesn't mean that you made the computer, video game, the LED screen or any of its components. It simply means you are a lemming.

What have you done to change the world we live in that makes you think your logic is right? Or is it what others have done wrong that make you feel superior in your mindset and that of your peers?
edit on 13-5-2011 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
...certainly not what calls itself the "Hip Hop Generation", or the "Digital Generation". Both have desaster inherent.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I wouldnt base it on age...but i certainly agree with the saying "out with the old..in with the new"...so many problems in the world that have such simple solutions ignored...ill join a revolution if anyones making one??? lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Age brings with it a certain degree of wisdom that the younger generation usually doesn't have.

That being said, I'm in the age group you've mentioned and while your idea seems somewhat degrading to older generations I do agree that it's time that people in my age group start taking responsibility for the world around them and start running for offices, at least locally.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
“Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill”

Seriously though, everyone eventually contributes, sometimes you are example of what not to do.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah, hand over power to a bunch of rap listening thug wannabes with an average of 3 or 4 tats on their body and who were primarily responsible for voting in the biggest fraud and liar of a President that the country has ever seen? Right, sounds like a plan to me....not. How's that change working out for you there gang? Yeah, that's what I thought. While I do agree with your sentiment that the boomers destroyed the country, ALL current generations in this country are pure FAIL due to their greed and their apathy to excise the cancer that has become our political leadership. Your generation is more interested in American Idol or DWTS to care about the theft that is occurring right under your noses. Ask 10 of your gang who Ben Bernanke is and I guarantee you that 9 of them will have no idea and the one that does know who he is will have no idea what Ben has done and will be blaming the wrong people for the mess we are in.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think the problem isnt that we have too many old people in office and positions of power but that we have TOO LITTLE young people in positions of power and leadership.

This is not an accident.

Young people are bringers of change and new opinions, something leadership DOES NOT WANT. This is why only the people who are entrenched and totally absorbed into the current system are allowed to run the system.

Old people are allowed to be leaders because they WONT change things too drastically. Why don't they cap the age when people are too old? Because the older you get the LESS change you want.

What's needed is balance. Our leaders scratch their heads at why the youth are the ones always starting revoultions...well its because there is NO OTHER WAY for youth to gain power. We'll never be invited to be in Congress because our opinions are too logical and idealistic. (sounds like a contradiction but its not)

Repeal political age limits. Face it, our world moves too quickly for old people to keep up and the youth are on the cutting edge of politics, economics and social theory.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
yeah, I can see it now, every new law to be passed by congress, will get passed, because nobody older will understand it:
OMG, WTH, IMO BRB TTYL, CML LGTS LMAO TBTB.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's just time for a new way of doing things. If that means the young taking over, so be it. These clowns RUINING , I mean running our country now are not worthy. They are a JOKE.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Dont we have a comedy forum for this

People over 30 are old ?
Age = corrupt ideas ?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join