It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your avatars and the meaning behind them.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I ADORE Mars Attacks! It's a compendium of all B Sci-Fi and it's funny as hell!

I'm so with you on that one!

And because I'm a bit off-topic, I shall declare my avatar is a Braque that represents the first 20 years of my adult life in France. Le Cafe
edit on 13-5-2011 by antoinemarionette because: off topic

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I love Dali too, and fortunately, I saw that painting at a young age and it has been with me all my life.

I have a classic painting as my avatar as well, and I do wish we could get more advice on how to size or that it was simply made a bit easier, don't you?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'm a rebel, A fighter, A loner..........the end!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Mine is me in disguise.

My pinko commy star hat was given to me while behind red shirt lines during last years Bangkok massacre. The glasses were my ex bird's father's. I messed around with it in some cheap editing thingemy so nobody can tell how bloody handsome I am. I am now free to say nasty things about the monarchy on random Thai message boards, so long as I'm not on my computer, of course.

edit on 13-5-2011 by lazernation because: gramma

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I feel my avatar is an expression of my feelings of what is going on in the world today and how I feel inside of how to face it. I was attracted to my avatar because of her strength and light inside of her. I remember in the Holy Bible when it talks about Jesus coming back with a sword, a preparation for battle. Now I'm not saying I'm trying to personify Jesus myself, its just something that came to mind when seeing her. Also, another thing that came to mind when I saw her is the name of my son who passed away, his name was a Hebrew name meaning "Warrior" or "Warrior chosen by God." She reminds me of an angel who is fighting evil. Don't mistake me for a person against peace, I'm all about it, but sometimes one must put on their shield, gather their sword, and prepare for battle if you get my drift.

Peace,
Marriah
edit on 13-5-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
I feel my avatar is an expression of my feelings of what is going on in the world today and how I feel inside of how to face it. I was attracted to my avatar because of her strength and light inside of her. I remember in the Holy Bible when it talks about Jesus coming back with a sword, a preparation for battle. Now I'm not saying I'm trying to personify Jesus myself, its just something that came to mind when seeing her. Also, another thing that came to mind when I saw her is the name of my son who passed away, his name was a Hebrew name meaning "Warrior" or "Warrior chosen by God." She reminds me of an angel who is fighting evil. Don't mistake me for a person against peace, I'm all about it, but sometimes one must put on their shield, gather their sword, and prepare for battle if you get my drift.

Peace,
Marriah
edit on 13-5-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

I must admit I love your avatar. My main hobby is medieval reconstruction, I'm a warrior. I'm trained in live steel European swordplay. At events, we draw such a crowd because the icon of a woman fighting has been so suppressed. People find it amazing that women can hold their own against a man on the field. ...and they ask so many questions! I think your whole picture says a lot in understated ways.

Very nice avatar!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I like aliens...no wait I love aliens
my favorite subject to discuss...too bad nobody likes to discuss it in a serious manner

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

Howdy neighbor!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Metatron's Cube

The Flower of Life has thirteen circles. [13=4=time] If each circle's center is considered a "node", and each node is connected to each other node with a single line, a total of seventy-eight lines are created. Within this cube, many other shapes can be found, including two-dimensionally flattened versions of the five platonic solids. In early kabbalist scriptures, Metatron supposedly forms the cube from his soul.

This Cube can later be seen in Christian art, where it appears on his chest or floating behind him. Metatron's cube is also considered a holy glyph, and was often drawn around an object or person to ward off demons and satanic powers.

This idea is also present in alchemy, in which the cube was favored as a containment circle or creation circle.

The simplest means of constructing Metatron's Cube is to begin with a cube flattened along a diagonal that passes through its center, such that it becomes a 2D figure, equivalent to a regular hexagon divided via its own diagonals into six equilateral triangles. The vertices of this 2D figure are then connected with additional lines. Several steps later, the full Metatron's Cube figure is formed.

Metaphysics: One needs to understand the metaphoric content of this geometric design to understand Metatron and the electromagnetic nature of the creational of our reality. Metatron's Latin name is 'Metator' - A guide or measurer As in 'Creational Geometry' - or 'Metaphor'. Some say he is an Archangel as in 'Arcs or Angles of Geometry.

This was also attributed to Thoth.

The main reason for my use of this image is shown in bold.
Source

edit on 5/13/2011 by amaster because: General Edit.

edit on 5/13/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm a huuuge JFK Assassination/Conspiracy nerd hence the avatar I'm using now.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just got this to load, so I'm really hoping it will finally show up.
I love this movie, I saw it the first time when I was 16, I overheard my older brother talking about it, so of course I had to watch it! Just really got me thinking.

AAAAHHH Where is it?
edit on 13-5-2011 by chiefsmom because: epic fail on my part

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ff2f4185e68.jpg[/atsimg]

Rateye from Terry Pratchet’s (hope I spelled that right) Diskworld books. A very good read indeed. I too could not figure out how to size the pic so as a result I was left with an artsy eye. By chance it looks simply awesome and I would not trade it for any avatar in the world.

And if you like similar mind-bending books, try Indaba My Chldren by Credo Mutwa. No aliens/reptilians, but an epic rendition of Africa’s ancient history, beliefs and customs, all told in a story that has everything from romance, drama, action, thriller and horror in it. And then some.

This was first published 1964 and was actually censored by the apartheid rule in South Africa. This was before Divid Icke found him. One of my favourite books, I read it every three years.

PS: How come nobody has endeavoured to ask the OP why he wishes to know about our avatars? I find it a highly personal matter.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Space background pointing to Pleyades and a simple paint-brushed representation of the Oort-Cloud in front that seems to be smiling (which I think in fact the real one does).

nice thread!
where are you gone?

edit on 13-5-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It is the coolest picture I could find of my name sake. Trowa Barton. I look, identify and have a similar personality so I lifted his name & likeness for here and other message boards.

Trowa

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Gou Hadou...

Same here..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I chose my avatar because I think it depicts how we are treated by MSM and government....we're kept totally in the dark.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This used to be my AV until a mod deleted it for being to "racy" and against T&C

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Wow, Northshore, St. Bernard, N'awlins! I'm on the Westbank and my buddy (Dysfunkshun23, who finally signed up last week) is still in our home town in Lafourche Parish. Man, SE LA is taking over ATS! WTH! Maybe we should start a Gulf Coast ATS Convention/Club...lol

--Apex

Edit to add: my reply to the OP. My avatar is just some random Chihuahua I found online but from the pic's angle it looks like he's flying in attack mode. I actually found the pic before I picked my username. I figured Apex Predator is an apt description of my attitude (not in a bad way, i.e. sexual predator, serial killer, etc...lol just the confidence knowing that I'm not a victim/foodstock like the sheeple) and it also (in my mind at least) brings the thought of "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Cute huh?...lol
edit on 13-5-2011 by Apex Predator because: to correct a brain fart...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Mine is a big M.A.C cake! Everything about that cake is edible and since im a M.A.C makeup collector, its pretty much what i want for my birthday this year
. Maybe some gift cards as well!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I'm in love with your MAC cake! I have to show my friend. She works for MAC and will love it, too.

A photographer I've worked with saw my avatar on my FB one day and thought it was me photoshopped. I guess I kind of resemble her especially her hair and 'dark' vibe. I find the look on her face strong and confident, yet cheeky and feminine. I suppose if you knew me, you'd know they're also qualities of mine.

It also reminds me of an album cover of one of my favourite bands, Dimmu Borgir.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join