It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150,000,000 Americans Classified as Mentally ILL for Profit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sure many of us heard the comment that the nation is walking around like 'Zombies'...We have heard people describe their people watching activities as like seeing 'Drones' on the streets. And last, but not least...The 'Sheeple' Moniker.

We may not be far from wrong as you will see in the videos below.

We all know these commercials on TV, pushing these 'Legal' drugs to the consumer like M&M's or the latest I-Something that you just MUST have. The truly concerning issue is that Psychotropic Drugs (Among Others) are also in the same time slot between American Idol and Survivor.

Why? Big Money? Of course. There is no need to delve into the Big Pharma agenda of greed and the billions spent on lobbying Washington as a mere pittance to the Mega-Billions of profit for doing so.

But the most important issue that should be addressed is what these drugs really do? Are truly safe? Do they 'Cure' or 'Cause'? And finally, where is the proof?

I'm not going into the NWO title of these videos because their is no proof of that either. I'll keep that to myself as it's a much larger topic of discussion.

I will ask you to watch these videos if you feel inclined to do so and come to your own conclusions as to what is going on and ask yourself these questions:

1. How many friends, family, co-workers do you know that are on some sort of M&M to make them 'Feel Better'?

2. How many of the other people don't tell you they are on these M&M's because of a social stigma or personal shame?

3. Why is your family doctor allowed to be paid to prescribe a drug that even he/she may know nothing about and has a sketchy test history.

4. Lastly, WHY? Why are people rushing to the doctor to say "I seen this commercial last night about a drug called *%(&#^%$ and I need that!

Sadly, the last video shows the results of what can and does happen everyday around us. It's just not advertised.

America’s Legal Drug Culture

The United States is full of pill poppers. And I’m not talking about illicit drugs in this case (although there is a lot of that as well) but instead I’m referring to prescription drug use in this country. We have developed a culture of drug taking that seems to be constantly rising. But is this really good for Americans?

www.theredheadedpharmacist.com...

Americans are taking more and more prescription medications. That trend is undeniable. The latest government report on the subject of prescription use is very telling. Americans are taking more medications now than even just ten years ago. And that trend is expect to continue to rise in the coming years.

What are the trends in prescription drug use in the United States over the past 10 years?

Over the last 10 years, the • percentage of Americans who took at least one prescription drug in the past month increased from 44% to 48%. The use of two or more drugs increased from 25% to 31%. The use of five or more drugs increased from 6% to 11%.

www.cdc.gov...

150,000,000 Americans Classified as Mentally ILL?

Peddling to the Prescribers

Psychiatry Kick-Backs Exposed

The Advertising of Psychiatric Drugs.

No such thing as 'Side Effects' in Psychotropic Drugs?

The Sad Results

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Isnt that almost half US population?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I sometimes think that the human species is doomed, by our own doing. Seriously, if we humans have as many medical issues that we seem to have, then according to the law of the jungle, we are weak and a stronger species will take us over. How could our species continue to evolve if we all have some sort of debilitating "disease" and pumping our bodies full of poisons to make us better. I do not see it, and I have never heard of another species on this planet that has as many problems as we do, sorry, we are screwed, we are just too sick to be able to continue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Isnt that almost half US population?

Exactly.

That's the scary part.

If you watch the video, according to what the current classifications are...those are the numbers.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is just fine and dandy, just go ask the pharmaceutical companies who run this country as much as the Fed does.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In a quick skim I did not see any mention of who is behind this so here it is:

The REASON:

2002 Autobiography by David Rockefeller “Memoirs” [page 405]
" “For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents... to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as “internationalists and of conspiring with others around the world ... If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

ROCKEFELLER - SOURCE WATCH: www.sourcewatch.org...

....In the early half of the 20th century, petrochemical giants organized a coup on the medical research facilities, hospitals and universities. The Rockefeller family sponsored research and donated sums to universities and medical schools which had drug based research. They further extended this policy to foreign universities and medical schools where research was drug based through their "International Education Board". Establishments and research which were were not drug based were refused funding and soon dissolved in favor of the lucrative pharmaceutical industry. In 1939 a "Drug Trust" alliance was formed by the Rockefeller empire and the German chemical company IG Farben (Bayer). After World War Two, IG Farben was dismantled but later emerged as separate corporations within the alliance. Well known companies included General Mills, Kellogg, Nestle, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Procter and Gamble, Roche and Hoechst (Sanofi-Aventis). The Rockefeller empire, in tandem with Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase), owns over half of the pharmaceutical interests in the United States. It is the largest drug manufacturing combine in the world. Since WWII, the pharmaceutical industry has steadily netted increasing profits to become the world's second largest manufacturing industry; [3], [4] after the arms industry.

The Rockefeller Foundation was originally set up in 1904 as the General Education Fund. The RF was later formed in 1910 and issued a charter in 1913 with the help of Rockefeller millions. Subsequently, the foundation placed it's own "nominees" in federal health agencies and set the stage for the "reeducation" of the public. A compilation of magazine advertising reveals that as far back as 1948, larger American drug companies spent a total sum of $1,104,224,374 for advertising. Of this sum, Rockefeller-Morgan interests (which went entirely to Rockefeller after Morgan's death) controlled about 80%. [5] See also AMA.

IG Farben & Auschwitz

Auschwitz was the largest mass extermination factory in human history. However, few people are aware that Auschwitz was a 100% subsidiary of IG Farben. On April 14, 1941, in Ludwigshafen, Otto Armbrust, the IG Farben board member responsible for the Auschwitz project, stated to board colleagues:

"our new friendship with the SS is a blessing. We have determined all measures integrating the concentration camps to benefit our company."

Thousands of prisoners died during human experiments, drug and vaccine testing. Before longtime Bayer employee and SS Auschwitz doctor Helmut Vetter was executed for administering fatal infections, he wrote to his bosses at Bayer headquarters:

"I have thrown myself into my work wholeheartedly. Especially as I have the opportunity to test our new preparations. I feel like I am in paradise."

After WWII, IG Farben attempted to shake its abominable image through corporate restructuring and renaming. So great has been their success that the public has no idea that it many of the men responsible for such atrocities, were able to carry on their work even after the collapse of the Nazi regime. Namely, a medical paradigm that relies almost exclusively highly toxic drugs. Such men were in control of the large chemical and pharmaceutical companies, both well before and after Hitler. The Nuremberg Tribunal convicted 24 IG Farben board members and executives on the basis of mass murder, slavery and other crimes. Incredibly, most of them had been released by 1951 and continued to consult with German corporations. The Nuremberg Tribunal dissolved IG Farben into Bayer, Hoechst and BASF, each company 20 times as large as IG Farben in 1944. For almost three decades after WWII, BASF, Bayer and Hoechst (Aventis) filled their highest position, chairman of the board, with former members of the Nazi regime. Bayer has been sued by survivors of medical experiments such as Eva Kor who, along with her sister, survived experiments at the hands of Dr. Josef Mengele.....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What do you expect with a western medical model that relies heavily on medication for treatment? Medical practice and pharmaceutical companies are wrapped together as one unit, and it has been getting worse through each passing year. Pharmaceuticals time and time again have shown to have gross profits, some marking up 1000% cost to profit. Psychiatry is practically wholly based on neurological chemical tinkering, and for the most part disregarding the psyche all together and focusing on "chemical imbalances".
edit on 12-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I haven't watched the videos yet but I will. I just wanted to make a quick comment about the mentally ill thing. I personally know of quite a few people who claim to be mentally ill for welfare when I know that they are not at all. One of my best friends does this.

We have been friends since we were 12 and I know damn well she is not mentally ill. She has adhd...so do I. So says she is slow...I say it doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. She uses this as an excuse to be lazy and not have to work.

I think she does this because she is afraid and I tell her all the time that she brings this on herself. (when she complains of not having money and stuff) She knows this and has admitted it yet she does nothing to change. Only complains. Part of it I think has to do with everyone she knows where she lives now does this exact thing.

They sit around and enable eachother. I wish I could get her to move back here so I can help her get back on track with her life. But deep down I don't think she really wants to.

Okay just watched the videos. That is so sad. Those poor kids. But I kinda know what thats about. Not as extreme but I was forced to take pills for my adhd when I was a kid. My parents put a stop to it after a while though because they really messed me up. Like left me sitting there drooling. It was horrible.
edit on 12-5-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You know what is the sad thing about all this, that more than half are children, yes there you have it, children are been doped in this nation and given antidepressants like it was jelly bean Candy.

But hey, most of the parents are also antidepressant users.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know what is the sad thing about all this, that more than half are children, yes there you have it, children are been doped in this nation and given antidepressants like it was jelly bean Candy.

But hey, most of the parents are also antidepressant users.

The horrible problem with giving that trash to children is the
alterations to their developing brain chemistry.

What will be left of their minds as they reach maturity ??

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is the sad part. Go back a few 1000 yrs same health issues well not the 1z related to EA environmental changes from factories sewage, trash, radiation, pollution ect were existing just w/o the label. So it seems if it were to be fast forward 500 yrs there would be new illnesses related to current mentally straight today. Labels even caused religious issues.
edit on 5/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Then a step further. How does it manipulate their DNA and then when they are older and have kids of their own, what type of possible mutations are passed along to the offspring. Or, even just flat out unnatural changes in their bodies.

My opinion is that, if we are to continue to take these sorts of drugs, then, never prescribe to a child. And for adults, do not to take them until after they have had all the kids that they are going to have so that the gene pool remains mostly uncontaminated with these poisons.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

They will become the milking cows of big pharma, that is why big pharma is targeting the very young, to get them hook on drugs for life.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I alluded to the NWO but left it at that as it brings on a whole new de-railing window.

But, yes you're right with the info.

Thanks for your input.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Americans are taking more and more prescription medications. That trend is undeniable. The latest government report on the subject of prescription use is very telling. Americans are taking more medications now than even just ten years ago. And that trend is expect to continue to rise in the coming years.

I'm watching Dr Oz right now, and this is what his show is about today. He was just saying that the average American is on 12 different prescription drugs per year. The risk of side effects goes up exponentially with every extra drug a person takes beyond prescription number one. The FDA usually hides these facts from the doctors.

He's also talking about how the drug industry is inventing diseases, to make and sell more drugs. There's an FDA guy arguing with him, saying this doesn't happen, but clearly it does.

150,000,000 Americans Classified as Mentally ILL?

Have you ever taken a test for mental illness? Online or otherwise?
I grew up thinking I was relatively normal, but according to tests that I've taken, I have ADD - without hyperactivity
and OCD, and am slightly schizophrenic :shk: I refuse to take anything.

I'm sure many people are convinced by these tests, that they really do have something. People are being experimented on for profit. And severely dumbed down as a result. They don't even know how antidepressants work, and yet they prescribe they to younger and younger children, who end up on them for a lifetime. Their brains don't even get a chance to develop normally.

I always say "I'm not crazy, I've been tested" even though according to some of the tests, I should be in a straight jacket.

I really am normal, that much I know

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These guys are no better, in fact they are a hell of a lot worse than, hard drug dealers. Why is it these people are allowed to create their soul destroying drugs, while beneficial, natural substances are made illegal? Oh yeah, money, thats why.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You "won't get into the NWO side of it" but it's very obvious you got all these ideas "implanted" into your own head by watching TV on the internet (aka YouTube!).

I take medication, and the people I've met in clinics are not the type to ask for the "good drugs" because those are not even prescribed in them. That's right. They do not prescribed controlled substances or "feel good" drugs in rehabs/ clinics. You can be in agony in pain, but you will be taking advil for it. Plenty of people need the drugs they are on and recognize that too many is certainly bad. Sometimes you don't have a choice. The choice can be to take one you need and put up with side effects until it's worth it to try taking yourself off of it.

Most people who take anti-depressants will tell you they don't want to take them. I think most people would say that they don't make you feel much better.

The part that is sad about this is that people turn to medication first before changing their diet or exercising (shown to be as or more effective than pills in improving mood). The medication really is a treatment that allows the original cause to remain. Without other steps, people will not change from the inside, which is what is needed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Big pharma are legal drug dealers alright, I would not have a problem taking a drug if I knew the prescribed drug will cure my illness or disease, but that is not what pharma is in business for, they are not in the business of finding cures, but on creating and manipulating effects the more side effects the drugs they give to tread conditions the more drugs they prescribe.

People needs to be aware that most illnesses has been around for centuries and people have been able to treat them without the needs of drugs before big pharma became so powerful, actually we are the most medicated country in the world, is countries out there that have different approaches that works without pushing pills.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by jude11

You "won't get into the NWO side of it" but it's very obvious you got all these ideas "implanted" into your own head by watching TV on the internet (aka YouTube!).

As I mentioned, the NWO reference is for another thread. I can't help the title of the videos.

The videos caught my eye because of the content and not the title. I actually wish the poster of the vids didn't make reference.

The issue I am addressing is the over abundance of available prescription drugs, the ease of getting them and the profits by not only Pharma Companies but the doctors themselves.

Not to mention the lack of testing and reporting of side effects and deaths resulting in the wholesale distribution in our society.

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I went through all this with my son not to long ago, and when a doctor prescribes something (for ADD) for your child after seeing him for 10 minutes, said doctor can drop dead.

Of course they want us all drugged up! We behave better that way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join