It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: Is there a Link to Terrorism? Interesting Video (Yusuf Estes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

www.icarecampaign.org...

Speaker: Yusuf Estes
Biography: PhD. (born 1944), is an American convert to Islam and Chairman of “the Muslim Foundation International”, which is an Islamic Promotional and Missionary Organization dedicated to spreading the message of al-Islam according to the Quran, Sunnah.

He was brought up in a Protestant Christian family; members of the Disciples of Christ. Yusuf Estes was known then as “Skip Estes”. His Islamic activities include: * Volunteer Imam in a Texas military installation. * National US Chaplain for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, starting 1994. * Delegate to the United Nations Peace Summit for Religious Leaders in August of 2000. * University guest speaker. * Television preacher, syndicated television programs on satellite and cable networks. * Maintaining Islamic websites He is also well known for his website motto which he regularly uses at the end of speeches and interviews.

I have a few friends who are Muslim and they tell me about their religion when I ask them but nothing breaks things down easier than this video. I found this video easy to follow. I am going to open this conversation up to others here on ATS because this is where it gets interesting.

The speaker in the video starts questioning why people try to equate Islam to terrorism. I personally don't think there is any connection and I am not trying to open a can of worms here. Is the speaker correct in trying break the connection by referring to Christianity and Judaism stories?

I found this interesting quote:
www.religioustolerance.org...

"If anyone harms (others), God will harm him, and if anyone shows hostility to others, God will show hostility to him." Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1625.

Do you think extremist may take this quote and turn it into something more than what it really means? I am pretty new to exploring the full Islam religion so I would like to know without assuming anything.

Look forward to your views. Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not any more of a link then what already exists between every other religion.

More blood has been spilled in the name of "gods" than anything else.
If "gods" aren't terrorists, who really are?

This message has been brought to you by:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/384772c31eb8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They were no gods but aliens........

join