It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Stroms Central USA ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now tell me I am not the only one who noticed the storms that just disappeared as is rolled into the mississippi valley?
I watched all day as those storms came across Texas , Growing with every hour.. we had lots of rain. I thought man, those storms are heading right where they need NO MORE rain.. and this morning expecting to hear of the extra rain that the Mississippi valley got over night ,, They instead showed the radar..
An The Storm front simply Vanished !!!! Actually started to disappear Mid way through the state of Arkansas..

edit on 12-5-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It was magic! it was HAARP! it was magic haarp!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I didn't see the actual radar so i can't say this with certainty, but eventually, ALL storms end up losing steam. Simple as that. When the system runs out of moisture or heat, it will dissipate, sometimes rapidly. This is msot likely what happened.

link   
hahah it was some thing fer sure.. ?

link   
Strom Thurmond died years ago....

How many Stroms can there be?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Thank you HAARP!! Our...saviour??

edit on 5/12/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Check this out. You can set it to view the previous 3 hours; 6 hours; 12 hours; or 24 hours on a loop.

www.weather.gov...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Isn't that...a good thing?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ahhh thats what I was looking for,, Did you see it?? tell me it didnt disappear ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now lets watch this one thats been growing all morning do that same thing.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is exactly what happened to me today. It was the most bizarre thing I ever saw. Other witnesses, older than myself (I'm 32- they were in their 40's and 50's) also agreed they have never seen anything like it. For reference, I am in South Texas.

I had a doctors appointment today at 10:30 AM. My husband called me around 9 AM telling me to NOT go up to the city and that he would reschedule my appointment. Then he told me to go to his office to be safe.

We haven't had rain in about 6 months but today it looked like the end of the earth was coming. lol The skies are black and my husband's secretary made the comment it looked to be about 8 PM outside (at around 10 AM this morning).

We went outside to watch and this is where something happens none of us had ever witnessed. It was like a large cauldron of clouds all meeting at a focal point. Hard to explain. Almost like bubble of smoke converging in the sky. Really weird. Then once they collected, it had a cyclic motion, to which many of us suspected a tornado was forming right over us (they had tornadoes slightly west of us earlier this morning).

Signs were blowing off road signs, I got blasted in the face with a bunch of dirt when I was trying to see what was going on, and anytime someone opened the front door to the office, all the papers would go flying off the desks due to the wind so we had to keep the door locked.

Then just as quickly as it started, it all completely disappeared. We were prepping for hail, tornadoes, and severe storms. But all we had was some rain.

So if it disappeared on the radar for you, it was even weirder here watching it all just disappear instantly. My husband was holding me because I got pretty scared and then it all just went away in the a minute.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No big deal. Most of you are looking too deep into it or trying to find something out of the ordinary. I live in the great lakes region. Stuff like that happens all the time, about once a month or even more. One minute it will be clear and sunny and a few minutes later a storm will pop up out of the blue. And vice versa. A storm will be headed this way and voila, it will disappear. I check the radar all the time. ( radar.weather.gov... ) It all has to do with humidity and the jet stream and temperatures. Just saying it's not out of the ordinary for a storm to disappear.
edit on 12-5-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It really does disappear! thats crazy.

@butcherguy - stroms!! ROFL

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I know the pop up storms you mention ,, they seem to usually pop up with the rise of heat during the late summer afternoons. BAM ,, than they are gone,,
But this was like a moving front... that yes I agree can come and go... But was just strange I thought how those storms that grew and grew just whispered away to nothing before getting to the mississippi valley ..

I have been reading to much ATS !!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
No big deal. Most of you are looking too deep into it or trying to find something out of the ordinary. I live in the great lakes region. Stuff like that happens all the time, about once a month or even more. One minute it will be clear and sunny and a few minutes later a storm will pop up out of the blue. And vice versa. A storm will be headed this way and voila, it will disappear. I check the radar all the time. ( radar.weather.gov... ) It all has to do with humidity and the jet stream and temperatures. Just saying it's not out of the ordinary for a storm to disappear.
edit on 12-5-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

AshleyD just described how a group of people witnessed this and ALL agreed they had never seen anything like this before, so your comment that "stuff like this happens all the time" does not apply here.
I don't think people are looking to deep, they're simply witnessing and questioning some very strange stuff.

top topics

join