It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People vs. Goldman Sachs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
This is apparently one of those stories that simply leaves the ATS community mute in awe.

To me, this one is particularly troublesome because of my 'conspiracy theory' affliction which makes me sensitive to the idea of "Economic Royalty" and what such a concept implies.

Dare I ask? Could we be ruled by some twisted form of aristocracy now?

It's an ugly thought, one that may seem outrageous to some.....

The answer is at the end of the article:

If the Justice Department fails to give the American people a chance to judge this case — if Goldman skates without so much as a trial — it will confirm once and for all the embarrassing truth: that the law in America is subjective, and crime is defined not by what you did, but by who you are.

We all know the answer to this and that doesn't make us smart, it just means we're realists.
The connections between Wall Street and the White House are in short "the ties that bind".
Which means you and I and every other taxpayer are on the hook to pay for the Goldman Sachs executive "performance bonuses" in addition to the losses sustained by the investors (who are more of the "banker class" than you or I)
This is a Conspiracy, plain and simple. Others can laugh all they want while their tax dollars go to these financial vampires and hucksters, I don't care. It's only their money that won't be fixing roads, educating the young, inspecting our food supply or a thousand other myriad things that Federal government has an inherent obligation in providing.

I believe Webster's Dictionary needs to update the meaning of the word Slavery to fit with the 21st century.

Thanks for posting this article. I had just finished reading it over at RollingStone and was going to post it myself if no one else had. You want to know the bottom line America? This is it. Read and despair my friends.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I forgot to add HURRAH FOR CARL LEVIN !!

At least one person in Congress gives a damn.

On that note Ron Paul announced his candidacy for the 2012 Republican presidential campaign.

Ok, make that 2 people that give a damn.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich cares too, so make that three

new topics

<< 1   >>

join