It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

somthing massive crashed into our sun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Im not sure if this has been posted yet. my apologies if it has, i didnt see anything similar in a search.

here is a youtube video or you can watch it straight from SOHO
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
select LASCO C2 and enter 2011-05-10 to 2011-05-12

that was a huge object, when you take into account the size of the sun. and interestingly it ocurred around the same time as the earthquakes in Spain today.

any thoughts?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Yeah i watchted that 'live' few days back there was a thread about it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was great to see!

Thanks,
OnlyLove

link   

Too cool....or is it? Are there any other probes or telescopes that may have filmed this? Maybe higher resolution?

link   
As far as I'm aware thats just a comet meeting its end.

The other thing is how far away from the sun does a rock comet or an ice comet have to be before it atomises. That comet could have been thousands of miles away from the sun. But the heat got it not the actual sphere of the sun.

link   
Wow very interesting, I've seen these sort of video's before. Most of the explanations being UFO's use the suns energy as a fuel / transporting source. But i think this is very very highly unlikely lol. but nice find, i'll be intrested to see if anyone knows anything about it

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

if you watch it directly from SOHO its a lot better than the youtube video.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Few threads on this already, but heres some follow up info.

A comet dove into the sun on May 11th and seemed to trigger a massive eruption--emphasis on seemed. A comet goes in; a CME comes out. Coincidence? Probably, yes, the sequence was coincidental. The comet disintegrated as much as a million kilometers above the stellar surface. There's no known way that the wispy, vaporous remains of a relatively lightweight comet could cause a billion-ton cloud of hot plasma to fly away from the sun at 400 km/s (the observed speed of the CME). Moreover, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory photographed the eruption that did propel the CME into space. There's no comet in the field of view of this must-see movie.

A coronal mass ejection launched from the sun's eastern limb on May 9th could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field today. NOAA forecasters estimate a 40% chance of geomagnetic activity if and when the CME arrives. High-latitude sky watchers, be alert for auroras.

edit on 12-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I totally believe the Moon and Sun and our entire Solar System for that matter plays a role that can make or break us on Earth! ;-) My opinion of course. I have noticed when our Sun flares we have a big EQ (over 5) within a couple of days. I have also noticed our Moon causes our tides to swell. I am no scientist, merely an individual with an opinion.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

Thanks Onlylove
im still trying to get my head around finding threads using the search function.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A comet or an asteroid, probably.

Some comets crash into the Sun or get so close that they burn up; these comets are called sungrazers.

Source of above

NASA movie with 2 sungrazers

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was reading the other day - that some of the Landsraad Houses Major, after the Arrakis Affair, were removed to undisclosed planets by the Spacing Guild (as allowed by Imperial law) in exile, and at least one of them (I forget his name or home planet) committed suicide by flying his ship into the sun.

Maybe that was him?
A long time ago, in a place far away? Or 8 millenia from now? In a dimension we haven't reached yet?

We need to remember that what we see here on Old Earth is what happened a LLLllllloooonggg time ago when it comes to distant solar systems, and that our own sun is maybe not not only "our" sun.

Yeah, I saw that video the other day, but it's still worth looking at.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is the third video that I have seen is the last 5 years or so that show the exact same type of event . It is n not a coincidence and comets are not icy snowballs . NASA should really take there head outa there you know what for a change.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Nice addition of info on this subject grindhouzer, except no link to external content.
Some comments to your linked material if I may.

A comet dove into the sun on May 11th and seemed to trigger a massive eruption--emphasis on seemed.
I agree with this statement even though they felt the need to "emphasize" the word 'seemed'.

A comet goes in; a CME comes out. Coincidence? Probably, yes, the sequence was coincidental.
Probably yes, but most likely no. This statement is a bit ambiguous and seems to be focusing on a 'no CME/comet' connection. It appears that NASA has their minds made up on this question even before it is asked.

There's no known way that the wispy, vaporous remains of a relatively lightweight comet could cause a billion-ton cloud of hot plasma to fly away from the sun at 400 km/s
This statement I have a problem with. There is no known way that a comet could cause a CME unless one looks into Plasma cosmology. Describing a comet as relatively lightweight, compared to the Sun, is fine but "wispy" and "vaporous remains"? Where is the data to support this conclusion?
This is pure speculation on their part and a very poor job of speculating at that. We currently have a lot of data from various comets that show them to be anything but wispy and of vaporous remains. Again we go on with the "dirty snowball" theory even though it has been proven wrong many years ago.

Comets are asteroids with tails. The difference between a comet and an asteroid is the tail, not its composition. The reason comets have tails is due to its orbit, comets orbit (elliptical, parabolic and hyperbolic trajectories) the Sun from the Oort cloud and asteroids stay in the inner solar system. Comet tails have something to do with the object's orbital perimeters and not its composition. Could it be that the Sun positively charges the inner solar system which cause a reaction with objects that come from the outer system, i.e. Oort cloud, which has a relatively negative charge (or as I like to put it, low electrical potential)?
edit on 5/12/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join