It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to open office in rebel-stronghold, Benghazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Video Source
You could see the dancing psy-ops at the start in the video.

News Link Source

The United States has yet to recognise the NTC as the legitimate representative of the Libyan people. France, Italy, Qatar and Gambia have already done so.

The Reason Qatar and Gambia recognized the rebels is because of interest in the oil.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This news far more attention and it is rather alarming. The comments underneath the video clearly represent what I believe a large majority on ATS believe including myself.

Gaddafi needs to cut his losses, there is no way he can resist foreign intervention, his Navy is symbolic and his military un-able to withstand arial bombardment. It is clear he has lost Eastern Libya. However he is still firmly in control of the West and remains in power having popular support from his tribe and associated tribes. These tribes all reside in Western Libya. It would be a good move on Gaddafi's part to cut his loses, surrender Eastern Libya, succeed the West and create a new Libyan republic, then defend his new states soveriegnty from any attack including that of the Eastern rebels. He would be entitled to do so and it would make it much more difficult to justify a NATO bombing campaign.

The only problem there is with this plan is that a large slice of Libyan oil is in the East. I don't think Gaddafi would be willing to surrender this to Imperial powers and I don't think his supporters would be too satisfied in seeing this happen.

The most alarming thing I noticed in this video is that the TNC claimed themselves to be the sole representitive of the whole of Libya. This is un-democratic of nature and isn;t democracy what they are demanding? The fact is that they don't even have 51% support from the Libyan populace, infact I believe they have far less than that. This is just a taste of whats to come if the Rebels gain complete control over all of Libya.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else... but the whole Libyian thing seems to me to be driven from within the EU.. It personally feels the US, NATO or UN are being herded into this conflict..

isn't it convenient that Britain and France signed a military treaty just before this! a treaty that would give the EU nuclear teeth and by extension what deal has the US secured from the EU for their support?

and what is the wider aim? secure the Mediterranean for a new Roman Empire?? the Med was after all named Mare Nostrum (Latin for Our Sea) by the Romans!

I might be piddling in the wind here, but Britain doesn't sign a treaty with a nation like France unless something is in the offing.

new topics

join