It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby receives pat-down at Kansas City airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Baby Receives Patdown at KC Airport

A photo posted on Twitter of a baby receiving a pat-down at Kansas City International Airport is the latest in a number of recent highly publicized incidents of airport security screenings involving young children.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We have now reached the level of "beyond stupid". A baby? Really? I don't even think there are any reports of actual terrorists using INFANTS as bombs. It is past time to get rid of the TSA, DHS and imprison Janet Napolitano.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Then again, if you were to try and smuggle something onboard you'd probably assume no one would check the baby. If I were, in my college days, trying to sneak a bag of something on an airplane and had a baby handy I'm sure it would have at least crossed my mind

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
More from the article:

Jester said he was traveling to Albuquerque on Saturday when he noticed the woman behind him was traveling with a baby about the same age as his son. He had just passed through security when he looked back and saw the baby receiving the pat-down.

"My thinking was, this is an extreme measure. I wouldn't want that to happen to my own son," Jester said. Jester, who said that he doesn't know the woman and her baby, snapped a picture with his phone and posted it on Twitter. "Just saw #tsa agents patting down a little baby at @KCIAirport. Pretty sure that’s extreme.”

The Transportation Security Administration posted a response on its blog: "We reviewed the screening of this family, and found that the child’s stroller alarmed during explosives screening. Our officers followed proper current screening procedures by screening the family after the alarm, who by the way were very cooperative and were on the way to their gate in no time."

The alarm went off? I've actually heard the alarm myself and it's pretty noticeable. I didn't see where he mentioned hearing it. And even if the stroller set it off, to pat down the infant is incomprehensible.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

this thread will be closed shortly as this was reported on here a day or two ago. but that section of the article you put up amazes me. the TSA would never admit that, yeah, this is a little silly, over the top even. instead, they placate us by telling us that no rules were broken. well, the rules ARE broken and they need to be fixed. babies should be off limits. even terror babies.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Of course they needed to check the baby....the poo within the confines of the diaper may be considered hazmat ( and if you ever have smelt some of the crap that comes from babies they may be right ) and needed to be certain as to not " gas " the people on-board the aircraft.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

this thread will be closed shortly as this was reported on here a day or two ago. but that section of the article you put up amazes me. the TSA would never admit that, yeah, this is a little silly, over the top even. instead, they placate us by telling us that no rules were broken. well, the rules ARE broken and they need to be fixed. babies should be off limits. even terror babies.

The ATS search engine fails me again.

Well, hopefully my post will point more people to the other one get the rise that it needs. The TSA and DHS need to be brought down.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Already posted, and shame on those parents for doing that to the baby they should be protecting rather than having it fondled by some parasite.
Btw, your 4th Ammendement right does not apply if you are hitching a ride in someone elses vehicle.
This is something Al Jones won't tell you.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Btw, your 4th Ammendement right does not apply if you are hitching a ride in someone elses vehicle.

100% incorrect. Your rights are never waived regardless of what the elitists want you to think.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Really, then try to board a plane without "CONSENTING" to said search.
You will either give up your right or not board.
That is the fact.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately I think this screening of everyone....is necessary....people do use innocent children for drug smuggling etc. so all must be checked.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Listen, I'm no fan of the TSA and the whole pat down, naked scanner thing. I'm totally opposed to it. Also, I haven't seen the pictures, so perhaps they did pat the baby down, which is totally wrong.

However!!! I would agree to searching the stroller and accessories to make sure some nutjob parent isn't trying to sneak something onboard with their baby, IF AN ALARM WENT OFF. How many times do we hear of mother's trying to steal stuff from stores by using their infants and strollers.

In fact, they should be more aware of babies. It would be unthinkable for someone to use a child for bad deeds, thus the perfect con.
edit on 10-5-2011 by KainRich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I fault the parents. The TSA is only as powerful as we allow them to be. This type of procedure has made the news via internet, television, radio, newspapers. and word of mouth. I feel there are no longer any excuses and no longer any victims, with the exception of minors but it's not the fault of the TSA employees, it's the fault of the parents!
The article mentioned Miss USA feeling violated. I understand why she would feel that way but I also feel she and many others know what is expected and they need to take responsibility for their decisions. This is a great example of give and take. Personally I wish they would starve the beast but that would take true effort on their part... it's easier to make excuses, even cry a little, ... only to go though it again and again.
Many are too willing to prove they are innocent. When did we instinctively default to being guilty first?
This is pathetic imo.
Thanks for sharing the article.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't think babies and children should be subjected to pat downs
because of drug trafficing - they will get the drugs thru some way
regardless so why put children thru this ordeal for that reason.
However if suspicion is good enough they should be could be
scanned for metal which may be in guns or bombs, no need
for a pat down here either.

Let's try to look at this from a childs point of view. Children
usually know who should and should not touch them and
in what kind of way. If we let them get padded down at airports
how will they know it is not ok for someone else to touch
them inappropriately - they may think its alright because
Mommy and Daddy let them do it at the airport. This is
confusing and harmful to children IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There is an existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join