It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama snubs TX fire relief request but drops in to collect donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
More nonsense from our token figure head of a president....

WASHINGTON--President Barack Obama will visit Texas on Tuesday, with stops in El Paso and a fundraiser in Austin, but he won't feel the love -- at least not from unhappy Republican lawmakers who see the administration's refusal to designate the wildfire-battered state a disaster area as the latest slap in the face to the very Republican Lone Star State.

The refusal by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to give Texas disaster status, and the federal aid that goes with it, is the latest of the state's fights with the administration. The state and the Environmental Protection Agency have been battling over permitting under the Clean Air Act -- the federal agency even took over some state functions -- and NASA's decision not to give Houston, home to the Johnson Space Center, a retired space shuttle, sending them instead to California, Florida, New York and Washington, D.C.

Article

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

www.dailykos.com...

willblogforfood.typepad.com... hat-feds-won.html

Well that's just it, Governor Perry and Texas Republicans can't have it both ways. Badmouthing the Federal government for spending but wanting money, bragging about independence and no need for the Fed and talking about secession while wanting aid, Which is it? I don't live in Texas or Alabama or Tennessee or any of the areas recently hit, but my tax dollars will help people in areas hit by floods, fires, earthquakes.... that takes money. Tax money. If you want to go it alone, go it alone. If you want to be part of a group, learn to share and contribute. Its called GIVE and take, not just take.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
fires very rarely get disaster status and any one who was damaged is eligible for assistance anyhow. Most of what burned was grassland and a good burn is actually good for it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I read somewhere today that Obama was in EL PASO talking about beefed-up security along the U.S. Mexico border and illegal immigration problems etc... I was thinking while reading this article that Obama is an illegal immigrate TOO...Where is ICE when you need them!!!

edit on 10-5-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I read somewhere today that Obama was in EL PASO talking about beefed-up security along the U.S. Mexico border and illegal immigration problems etc... I was thinking while reading this article that Obama is an illegal immigrate TOO...Where is ICE when you need them!!!

edit on 10-5-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

I don't understand what you mean here

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
We do pay federal taxes here in Texas. Comes out of the check just like everyone elses. So why should we be denied? I can guarantee any other state woud be raising hell. Obama is a sore subject around here with so many laid off and cant find work.

top topics

join