It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funniest Muslim-Christian Debate Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, not least the funniest, but its not nice to be exposed ! just look at it !

edit on 10-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This sort of fits in with that survey they did not too long ago where they found that atheists, agnostic and Jews scored higher on a test about things that where in the bible

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

All religions are bullsh*t.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk

You read my mind !
Word for word !

Starred !

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hahahah that was great! You could almost hear him think, "Oh, crap" when he read the verse and the Muslim schooled him on his own text. LOL!!!

I've never really agreed with how people pull single sentences out of scriptures and spin them as support for whatever point they're trying to prove. You can do that with anything...it's all presentation at that point.

Anyway...still funny. I thought the host was hilarious. He was getting a huge kick out of the two of them squabbling. I laughed more at him than the two arguing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I totally agree. It's just another method of controlling minds. Fear mongering at its best.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

spot on
ive always said religion is a tool to control the populous...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This guy should run for political office. I hear they love people "on the hill" that are willing to read a single sentence out of an entire manuscript, dump the context into the ocean and form an entire point of view around that lone sentence.

As stated, Luke 19:27 does in fact state in the Christian Holy Bible (no matter what translation you look in) that:

But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence

However, the context never brought forth or revealed in the video clip by either the cleric or priest is the context. The line comes from a parabel that Jesus was telling to the money lender Zaccheus as Jesus was passing through Jericho.
Luke 19 goes on to talk about Jesus' arrival in Jeruselam and is the famous chapter showing that even Jesus has a temper, as he cast out the merchants using the temple.

So, all that to say that I agree with the statements prior about how insane religions are. To base an argument on a single line out of context in order to try and prove a point is beyond self-righteous indignation. It preys on the ignorant, the foolish and the lazy all to advance a cause based on those same lies and half-truths.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i think that verse means to bring unbelievers to Jesus and He will slay their ignorance and disbelief. i don't think He meant to line them up against a wall a shoot them.

That makes more sense, coming from the Saviour of mankind who gave His life for the forgiveness of our sins.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

True enough, and that's exactly what happened here yet again - another verse, from a parable (not as 'Jesus' himself speaking, taken out of context.

I have to agree with the other poster above that it's quite distressing to be aware of how much a good many christians really don't know about the bible (myself a believer also). Then again, you have to remember that even the bible itself teaches that not everyone who claims to follow the way or calls out to him will be saved.

On a side note, I don't see any fear mongering or control in christianity, personally - granted most of my views are unorthodox and likely heretical, including those on 'hell'. As I read the bible, hell is not eternal suffering and torment - aside from a few other verses also taken out of context - it's basically the crematorium. The...unsaved?...do not have eternal life:

...that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is life eternal in christ Jesus our lord

In my opinion, the carrot works much better than the stick. The offer is eternal life for those who accept it, the second death the result for those who don't, and I always love the line from Braveheart as it fits so well in so many places:

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Take care, guys.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

No friend, it's actually the king speaking in the parable of the ten minas.

It's a metaphor (read all of Luke 19) for the rewards and punishment - death - meted out at the return of Christ.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, this bishop should have known his bible better, because the Imam was wrong. Jesus did not say that about himself. The quote from Luke is a parable, a story Jesus was telling.

Luke 19:11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Does anyone think that when we go to church we sit and hear these readings, which we have heard for years but we don't really have time to analyse what is actually being said, they are familiar, but so what its time to go. I think I was so conditioned from childhood that it just went in. Its like the Muslim laws on sex with animals, most Muslims would be utterly horrified. I do wonder how long the bible and other religious books can be considered sacred for, when analysed carefully. Its all well and good for cleverdicks to pick-and-mix, but the books on the whole have some pretty terrible teachings to us today.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

While it is true that the verse quoted was part of a parable, that's kind of irrelevant. The point is, it's a parable supposedly about Jesus, and can certainly be backed up by what the Bible says about Jesus's second coming:
The enemies of his who do not want him to be king will be put to death.

Originally posted by Lynda101
Its like the Muslim laws on sex with animals, most Muslims would be utterly horrified.

What laws are these? All I can find (when it is mentioned) is strong condemnation?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
God called
while you were on the other line
talking to a marketeer

he didn't have time to wait
so he moved on to someone
who is waiting for his call
and listening on the right line

No,
he didn't leave a you message.

so sad

if god wants you
do you not think he would just do ya himself...
he needs to hire out the job like a hell's angel would do?
he needs to buy a gun?
-tax the peeps and - --build an a-bomb

god needs christians muslims and jews arguing
about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin in televised debates
like he needs
a whole
in the face

I guess I am being anti semantic
so be it

edit on 11-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 19:17

Jesus is quoting his Dad.

Is the Muslim in the video saying he is god?

David Grouchy

join