It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance... well let's just see about that.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

i hate bullies and authoritarians

gotta problem wit' dat!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I admire your honesty. I think the first step to rid oneself from prejudice is to admit they are prejudice. You have realized a flaw (no offense intended) in yourself and have chosen to take steps to make yourself a better person. I believe you are well on your way to being a more enlightened human being!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm prejudice against racist's.

Please don't crucify me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

I'll bet you hold prejudice against people who have prejudices.

Namaste

I admit that is a tough one! I will say I don't automatically hate/dislike anyone with a prejudice but sometimes it is really hard for me to understand why some people feel the way they do. I guess in cases where one person/group is in a consistent negative situation with another group of people (the Rwandan genocide comes to mind) I can understand where to hate comes from.

What I really have trouble with is groups like white supremacists - what even remotely good reason do they have to hate? What really makes them better than anyone else? I can wrap my head around many things - but my mind just cannot comprehend this. I won't go so far to say I hate groups such as these but would I be friends with one? Certainly not.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I do judge people. We all do. Fact.
However, I do not judge based on anything but actions, personality, morals, behaviors and the like.
We all do this......judgement is not always a bad thing

I agree - everyone judges others in one matter or another. I think you have to in order to evaluate your future relationship with individuals (if there will be one). What is important is what you base your judgments on. If you judge based on their skin color or religion - that is a prejudicial judgement. If you judge based on their individual traits then I think that is fair... assuming you've allowed enough time to fully understand that person.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All are human and all are equal.. Sadly far to many have thus far failed to learn that simple fact.. Maybe one day humanity will grow up...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Im being honest here, I care not what your colour (color for american's), creed or sexual preference is but if you were born into billions of funds or more, I think you are a scumbag.

Simple and I would not change that regardless of what anyone thinks because my opinions are not part of a problem that means that less than 3% of this planets population own half of the worlds wealth.

Prejudice is a judgement based on non factual information hence this is neither ignorant or prejudiced in the slightest.

I appreciate where this thread is coming from but its sheer stupidity to say that everything is fine and there are no particular people on this planet that are responsible for the death of millions through various means and other atrocities.

edit on 10-5-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I realize I have TONS of flaws!
Some I am working on, some are what others think, but I like them and I am keeping them!
I have no problem being honest about them, I mean really, why lie? Like you said, if you recognize them, and are working on them, your on the right path!

BTW, Thank you!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Seriously?

You know what I meant.

Some of you on here read WAY TOO into things. It's a bit annoying and nit picky don't you think?

I do..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No prejudices' here.. As long as a person is genuine and not totally false, arrogant, rude etc., then colour, creed, sexual orientation or anything else shouldn't matter.
I mean, we're all stuck on this big bubble together and life is too short to be full of hate.
So I just take people as I find them, if we get along then all is good and if not then I won't waste any time hating anybody.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join