It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS censoring??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Only if you are a bad boy and use cuss words like a drunken sailors child with a 70s rock star. Other then that hell no their not for ehemmm freaking sakes.
edit on 5/10/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by truthorlies

yes some are just well better of being mentioned, but then you can find a second source the post that link, so is it related to the one i posted???

link   

Originally posted by truthorlies
I did get a message and it says "we do not allow linking to Las Vegas Review Journal articles...at all. "

Yeah I was right than.

Those are the guys who sued ATS for DARING to link to them.

I am boycotting that website for their disgusting actions.

Find another source for the same article. Or bring up the issue and say "The only source I have is sueing ATS so I can't link to them".

Remake your thread with this knowledge and you will be fine buddy. Good luck!
edit on 10-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by muzzleflash

here www.rightwire.net... try it again i had the last sentence to close but the link in my post works and i put it up 2 times

Yep it worked that time.
Thanks for the link.

Yep, there was an extra comma at the end

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OK, so my post was explained. What about the Aloha Reporter posts?

Anyone else have some trashed?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

yea i for got to zoom my monitor so i can not see the (,) some times when i meant to hit the space bar.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Muzzleflash is correct. Look into the 'Right Haven' scandal and lawsuits.

It's basically a 'profit via litigation' scam going on right now. They post articles then sue everyone to bloody heck for using their material.

To protect ourselves and members, we don't allow their material on ATS. Even private small time bloggers have been sued by them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That site is automatically censored. You can see it in the preview.

If you try to post a link to the las vegas review journal, a 'Restricted Post' sign will appear in the preview area. If you go on the home page for that site, very bottom far right, it has 'How to link to RJ.' They seem to take it seriously when someone posts a link to their site.

About a week ago, someone was mentioning it in a thread. He thought it had to do with the actual topic he was posting. I was looking into it, just out of curiosity, and figured out it was just the site. I also discovered a very simple loophole that can be used. I could post a link to that site right now if I wanted. I sent an 'Alert.' Nobody cared. So I have kept it to myself, but you would think they would want to know about the simple loophole.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Anyone else have some trashed?

I don't know. The mods will know though.

The Aloha Reporter is owned by NSK Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

And the LVRJ is owned by Stephens Media LLC.

So they are different groups.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey someone just broke into my house screaming ATS and why did I say anything.
J/K

Thanks for the info. I was curious as to why.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Your original thread contained an entire news story pasted into your post with no attribution or link... a rather serious offense (no matter the source) here on ATS for which you should know better.

I can't find any other recent thread authored by you in the trash.
edit on 10-5-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Didn't know I couldn't do that. Sorry. Anyway, AshleyD straightened it out. Thanks guys for quick responses. This thread wasn't meant to tick anyone off, just wondering.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I know at times I have suspected that there was a general censorship policy here on ATS, but after gentle reflection I really don't think there is.
Pretty much anything goes as long as it stays reasonably respectful and within the T&C which all new members are made aware of and are available for viewing at all times easily enough.

Having said that I do think that one or two moderators may operate their own censorship policy, either consciously or sub-cosciously, but I think it is probably well intentioned allthough misguided.

A bigger problem seems to be the lack of consistency in policy enforcement between moderators and the apparent favouritism shown to some members from a minority of mods....however, to be fair I have seen quite a few very popular members banned over the years, probably too many if the truth is to be told.

It's worth mentioning that it must be an absolute nightmare on all fronts trying to police a sight the size of this and with a membership as difficult and contrary as this and despite my occassional whinges and moans I think they do an excellent job and I don't envy them one little bit and they have my utmost respect and gratitude.
edit on 10/5/11 by Freeborn because: o

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Didn't know I couldn't do that.

You've been a member for more than a year, and have been exposed to several messages not to copy-and-paste large amounts of content from other sites without proper attribution and links.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Ya. Once again, sorry.
edit on 10-5-2011 by truthorlies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Please excuse my off topic response..but we think your avatar rocks...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In a word, Yes.

A friend of mine was a member of this forum a few years ago and he made a few threads. One day, he noticed something quite odd about a bit of sponsorship on this site. ATS was taking money from ad hits from a company that uses United States prison labor to assemble their products.

My friend alerted ATS to this gross oversight and the post was erased.

My friend made a thread asking why his post was erased and it was erased.

My friend made a thread informing others about the censorship and he was banned.

So, yes, ATS censors information to protect the bottom line. While I don't blame them for wanting to protect their for profit company, I find the way in which they went about it.. a little underhanded. And, sure, this is my friend that I got the story from, so it is second hand, but I've seen crazier stories with less reliable resources.

The information is yours to do with as you like.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Question was answered. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join