It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns or Ammo?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Right now I've got a 40S&W, 9MM, and a 12GA Shotty. I'm slowly stocking up, my next purchase will likely be a 22lr. I'm trying to have a variety of common calibers. I'm thinking also perhaps a 30-06 or .223 based gun for hunting/killing threats from a distance. I know if I don't get them now either it'll be too late when the SHTF or liberal #s will take our guns away. If you don't like guns, don't click on threads about guns.

edit on 18-5-2011 by DricoTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

I think it would be really silly to have a "lot' of different weapons and have only pittance for ammo for each. If I had my way, I would have an AR-15, or an M1A in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI type of situation. All I have right now is a hunting rifle that is older than me, but fires like a dream. (Fairly accurate too.) I think the key would be to pick a weapon that you can easily stock up on ammo for that won't break the bank, while making sure that said firearm is dependable.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I have 25 guns and thousands of rounds of ammuniton in my personal possession, there's no way I'll run out of guns in my lifetime. I do have a compound bow and a crossbow, a few of my guns are black powder.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First time poster. Personally, I'd prefer to have a few weapons in common calibers with a lot of ammo. For example, it would be a lot easier to find replacement guns and ammo for .45 acp than a .41 special. Besides, should the need arise, it would be a lot easier to transport a few guns and lots of ammo. Just my $.02.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Hey me too!
I got experimented on in Desert Storm.
I hope the fellow who doesn't understand remembers the "Lead Lease" program....and more important why England asked.
I learned to shoot as a child of 5 and it was a fun family thing to do.
I remember playing with knives at 10 years old,wearing a Buck #110 knife as a tool while attending middle and high school.
I have yet to do any harm to anyone here as a result of my idiosyncrasies.
Besides the usual intoxicated recreation commonly known as a bar fight before the less intelligent began carrying guns to bars.
If this country falls so will the world I think that's a good reason to maintain my skills...and fun too

And to answer the question get what you can carry.(2-3 guns unless you're a big guy) and a truck load of ammo.don't forget a good knife.

edit on 19-5-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: I forgot to answer the original question

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
A 22 cal with a few thousand rounds is pretty much all you need for survival, i know of no animal that cannot be killed if the bullet is properly placed
a nice 45 cal rifled flintlock might be handy for shootin deer or bear. i believe the skill of making black powder is very important and all survivalists need to know this skill and to gather all necessary ingredients to keep on hand in any event. black powder has many many uses for survival and its easy to make

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I agree with the fact that the .22 lr is a good round and capable of taking out most animals if "placed right" and that it is definately cheap to shoot. But most people will not have the presence of mind to accurately aim and hit the kill shot on a charging bear, or mountain lion or any large animal from short range in a survival situation. I definately wouldn't rule it out as a survival gun, just only for those that have a LOT of shooting and back woods experience behind them and aren't afraid of encountering and facing down large game with a small caliber rifle.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'd prefer a few guns with a lot of ammo.
But what is more important is knowing how to use the weapon. Some friends and I went out in the woods to shoot our pistols and I swear that half of them could not hit a target from 30 feet. (These are the same guys that say stuff like "If someone breaks into my house, they won't knoAccurately aiming a pistol takes practice. You don't want to be like that kid from Pulp Fiction.
So don't just invest money into guns and ammo. You have to invest the time to practice.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join