It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narco terror continues in mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It seems like its always one step forward and two steps back when it comes to the war on narco terror.. Mexican police and military have been engaging cartels and gangs daily for several years now yet their numbers only seem to multiply.We should hope that they continue to have success in this war for its outcome will have an immediate effect on us..Heres a link that will provide you with the latest stories as well as video and images on the war against narco terror..and please feel free to give your opinions on this issue. www.borderlandbeat.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
it's because there's a highly lucrative drug market in the united states. all that money is being funneled down into the cartels and in turn they gain more "power".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

its prett frightening when you know that a terrorist group has an endless supply of money,firearms,connections that include military personel and politicians and its all happening just over our southern front..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I used to think up solutions in the past. Things began to escalate to the point of no return that I lost all hope and stopped thinking about the whole situation. Today, after reading your post I came to the realization that in order to help others we have to put ourselves in their shoes. Imagine living in Mexico right now, day in and day out, all 24 hours. It's not a pleasant feeling, but it's a start (bet you think I'm crazy).

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor
I used to think up solutions in the past. Things began to escalate to the point of no return that I lost all hope and stopped thinking about the whole situation. Today, after reading your post I came to the realization that in order to help others we have to put ourselves in their shoes. Imagine living in Mexico right now, day in and day out, all 24 hours. It's not a pleasant feeling, but it's a start (bet you think I'm crazy).
well i was in mexico 2 months ago for almost two weeks, ihave family in tamaulipas and zacatecas and i wtnessed first hand what its like,its devastating.I mean the violence is usually absolutely random,women, children even infants arent safe from the cartels,theyre absolutely ruthless,the visit has changed my entire perspective on life and the safety of my family,and other families as well.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Luckyxfactor

Ok I live in Mexico, ooooooooooooooooooo

all 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Ensenada, 1 1/2 to 2 hours south of San Diego.

Yes there is a problem, and it involves many different issues. I will go into points later but a brief overview is here, it is almost the exact problem the United States had in the 1980's. Mexico is not doing the same things the United States did. Instead of harsher drug laws, Mexico has chosen to be more liberal and not criminalize small amounts of drugs but go after big fish with the military. The problem with this is the big fish own most of the Mexican government in the southern half, the border and major cities of Mexico. There is not much left the drug runners do not control. Although the President has started a war against the Narcos, he only has destroyed a couple groups and left other Narcos groups alone.

I will list the problems I see in no particular order.

Another problem that is different than the US of the 80's is MOST not some of the police are dirty. There are laws changing this but it will take time. A huge set back was the release of all the dirty Tijuana cops because of lack of evidence which just happened, its nice to know they can no longer get their jobs back but they are on the streets again. The reason is the same reason for all police and military going dirty, money, these guys make less than 10,000 a year, most half that. Tell me if someone gave your a year salary not to drive down a road one night or look the other way, would you do it? Most ordinary police from city and federal are dirty, will take any bribe and look the other way for almost anything, from speeding to DUI to moving drugs across the border, if you do not believe me flash a 10-20 dollar bill next time you get pulled over in Mexico, and the police will go back to his car promptly. This is even cheaper for locals, I got out of a failure to stop at a sign for 100 pesos, which is like 8 bucks American. The bribes get bigger as the people that take them salaries are larger, just like the dirty ones in the U.S.

Mexico has this problem, they get money from the US federal government to fight these drug runners, which expand the military not diminish the problem. Mexico is beholden to the US Federal government and thus is in line with American drug laws. When U.S. states then legalize some of the illegal products the Federal Government is against it creates a conflict.

Prosecution is a joke here, the way the laws are written it is far easier if you have a little money to get off free of any charges, think of American laws for white collar crimes and then impose no jury but only decided by judges in closed chambers, you get the idea.....

Another is guns. In Mexico it is illegal to own a firearm, unless you are part of a hunting group and can use shotguns to kill birds (very hard to even do). For decades Americans have illegally moved guns to Mexico and they wind up in the hands of Narcos not your average citizen.

A key problem is the issue of who owns this problem, the Mexicans in general usually say something like, stop the drug problem in America and drug runners wont have a job in Mexico. This is an easy decision to make when the problem is so hard and complex to solve. Mexicans also blame America on the gun problem in their country, like the drug problem, no one wanted guns until drug runners had to protect themselves from other drug runners.
Although I do not think this is an answer to the problem, it is a clue to the answer.

To really fix things, the laws have to change, the police have to get fired and replaced everywhere. Rico laws need to be implemented to round up all the bad guys, police included on the same charges. The gun issue needs to be addressed with the American border as well as the Chinese container chips that bring in AK's.

So in essence its a border control/security problem. Until both America and Mexico control their borders this problem will not go away. IF Mexico really does this, watch out America you will have major problems at sea as the drugs will go back to that route. The border going to Mexico would no longer be easy and they would lose most of the tourist money the country needs to stay afloat (70% of GDP for Mexico is tourism). You see why it is a hard decision to make for Mexicans. IF America really does this, holy cow, all the problems America faces would disappear. What is stopping America from protecting her borders??????????????

no easy drugs?
gun sales going down?
anything else I am missing?

To summarize Narco Terrorism will continue and get worse, the killings already are nastier than Taliban just because there is no religion to set standards for the killers. Until the Narco Terrorist have no money to spend on weapons and hired killers this will go on, or all the problems get solved above. I will not hold my breath for this to be done.

top topics

join