It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much speculation, 10 years of research leads me to 1 End Of Days--December 2012!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mespen
Governments know this, scientist are 50/50 on this.

How is it, exactly, that scientists are only 50/50, but Governments have it 100%?

Perhaps though, we should explore the frequency of the event, and why it most likely is not near as tragic as any "end days" event.

It occurs approximately every 26,000 years...there would be serious implications from ion tests, sediment samples, core samples, and vegetation samples to suggest then that every 26,000 years similar "end days" events had occurred regularly, wouldn't there?

But, geo-chronologically speaking, 26,000 years is an instant, and there has been much evidence to suggest that man actually pre-dates that number by many thousands of years. Were it to be on that cycle, man would not have enough time to recover in between, unless of course, the "events" were not near as catastrophic as you would suggest.

Also, the sun and the moon are hardly the GREATEST of factors affecting the movement of the oceans. By far, it's the density of the water as it becomes colder and warmer (colder water is more dense than warmer water) and the higher the salinity of the water, the more dense yet it becomes. This is far and away the largest factor that moves those trillions of tons of water. Prevailing winds likely as the second, with lunar and solar gravitational influences maybe a third or less. Of course, if you wanted to factor in the sun's ENERGY that is partially responsible for heating the oceans, that can be accounted for....but even at that, undersea volcanism accounts for a great deal of ocean warming. Let's face it, it is always easier to hear from the bottom up, than from the top down.

Quite obviously, because the Mayans based their calendar on the solar systems cycle is where this 2012 date came from, where even their elders interpretations of that date are far from the sensationalism that current media is giving it. Personally I think they should be MORE famous for being the first culture to realize the value of Zero, but I'm also sure that most people don't realize that the mayans actually lived their lives by three[calendars not just one. Simply speaking, they had a historical calendar (the long count that everyone goes on about), a social (or civil, called the Haab) calendar, and a ceremonial calendar (called the Tzolkin) which is the least specific of them all, but I suspect it was used for agricultural purposes. Yet, it has little significance as I'm fairly certain that people misinterpret the fact that there was no foresight to instinctively SPECIFY that it would re-cycle itself, people believed it is simply an ending. But on December 31st, do we have to constantly remind others that a new "cycle" or year begins? No. We simply know it. We don't need written re-confirmation of it. Likely they thought the same way, and didn't have a reason to believe that their "measurement" would ever be superseded by another.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mespen
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

We are already passing through the 'galactic plane'.We have been in this zone for atleast 2 years now. We haven't passed through the true centre yet, december 2012 will the exact date, we will then be in the southern galactic hemisphere after that date.

The window of opportunity, is approx. 5 years and spans from 2010-2015, and it can be explained as our solar system moving into the galactic plan.

Another concept that supports this, is the Timewave Zero - Wiki

Timewave zero" is a numerological formula that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of "novelty", defined as increase over time in the universe's interconnectedness, or organized complexity.[65] According to Terence McKenna the universe has a teleological attractor at the end of time that increases interconnectedness, eventually reaching a singularity of infinite complexity in 2012, at which point anything and everything imaginable will occur simultaneously. He conceived this idea over several years in the early to mid-1970s while using psilocybin mushrooms and '___'

As for the Naysayers, the obvious money making scam theory, all though is a fact, is not always the case.

Here we share information relevant to the thread topic, and provide personal insight as to how each and everyone perceive the matter at hand.

Hence, it is entirely up to anyone to decide for themselves, what they prefer or intend to believe based on their own understanding and research into the matter.

ATS community is a different breed in general, a breed of natural born truth seekers
, as I like to put it, that don't buy into things that easily, in my opinion. It is of my opinion also, that "weak minds" don't existed here, but I could be wrong.

Of course there maybe some who take anything as gospel, but ultimately everyone is entitled to their own opinion and belief.

Peace

edit on 10-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So who's time zone is this supposed to happen in?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

I know it's very easy to get jaded here on ATS, and undoubtedly I am a self-described skeptic of almost everything, however, this isn't your typical end times hoax thread, thankfully....while some associate the event with end-times (I am not one of them), if you were to actually believe the galaxy could have a center, then it IS true enough that we will be aligned with it. The Mayans kept such accurate spatial records, that we have evidence of this phenomenon. With that, it's timezone independent.

What is likely though, is that it will simply be a non-event.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I am very grateful that you even took the time to read my post. This is my first post, i have a lot to learn still about the ethics of this site. im sorry if my 'wording' was too blunt, that was not my intention. thank you for your replies.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to reply.
I really hope this 'event ' does not happen, but i feel we, the people of the world, are going to be the ones that have to live through and try to survive a very real extinction event.
Peace and good luck to you brother!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Thank you for reading my post and your honest reply,
I really do hope im wrong and you are right.
I will be relieved when december 2012 has come and gone!
Thank you again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join