It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Conspiracy Theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com

What are the prominent conspiracy theories?

The raid took place, some claimed, only to hand U.S. President Barack Obama a political victory, or to give him political cover for the troop drawdown in Afghanistan. Other, more outlandish theories proposed that bin Laden had been collaborating with Washington all along.

Another one had it that bin Laden died years ago but that his body had been frozen and retained for later use by the United States; still others suggested that he remained alive.

“There are numerous question marks still seeking clear and honest answers from the American a
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Chesster because: CNN uses crazy code that copys wrong.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CNN covering some conspiracy theories. Congrats guys, guess you are now the main stream now. Anyhow, interesting analysis from an Arab national view. Also talks about the frozen OSAMA theory ALex JOnes is pushing, which made me laugh. Enjoy the read by our good friends at CNN.

I don't really have much more to say but judge for yourself.

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why does CNN have a pic of a girl with dirty fingernails and black lipstick above the story?

Is that was conspiracy people look like?

Dad? That You?

It's not conspiracy people asking the questions alone.

They/We just ask first.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They are only doing this so that when we watch ourselves on the TV they will send out a signal that will kill us.. I'm still not going to watch them.......

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Im not even concerned with the media desire to paint people who think they are lying, conniving pieces of crap as whacko conspiracy theorists. I have just been ignoring that aspect of the story line altogether. It just reeks of desperation on their part.

They know they blew it, and their story was too jacked up and full of holes and that it stirred a bad reaction in many people, so they are just trying to shame people into feeling like there must be something wrong with them if they dont believe it.

They dont seem to get it, (and neither does ATS judging from their poll questions.) For most of the people I talk to, there is no real consensus on how, when, etc., he died. The big conspiracy I hear is "why they hell are they lying, and lying so badly to us? What are they up to?"

Osama isnt even the biggest part of the problem. It began with the ridiculous claim they threw him into the sea, and then everything else just blew up around that lie. Most people I talk to dont buy the "oh yeah, we dumped him in the sea" part, and the "the pictures are too gruesome" part. But many of us dont even care when or if he actually died. We just want to know why the stupid and glaringly obvious, lies.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The frozen OBL may or may not be true. But alot of the vids and pics Obama and Co have put out in the media are faked. Now why would they post that BS into the public arena?

But the same could be said for the raid and killing of OBL. It may or may not be true. Think about it! There is no proof of the killing of OBL in a raid that has no evidence of being carried out!! In fact the Pakistani people of that area have said it was a hoax!

Who do u believe?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Notice that article (blog) is very Middle East-centric. Some excerpts:

Immediately after the death of Osama bin Laden was announced, rumors about it swirled through the streets, coffee shops, and Internet cafés of the Middle East, Pakistan, and other parts of the Muslim world.

“There are numerous question marks still seeking clear and honest answers from the American administration,” went an opinion piece in the Palestinian paper Al-Quds Al-Arabi.

Conspiracy theories like these are especially common in the Middle East and western Asia. Why?

Media reports have quoted some Abbottabad locals as saying that in the absence of any evidence that bin Laden or other Arab extremists had been living in the town, the bin Laden story simply had to be a conspiracy.

Another factor explaining the ubiquity of conspiracy thinking in the Middle East is the presence of authoritarian governments there.

And so it goes, on and on all the way through the article. That by itself wouldn't make me suspicious and I would just assume an author wanted to write about the conspiracy theories from a Middle Eastern perspective.

But this is like the tenth MSM article I have seen where the conspiracy theories are made out to be directly related to the Middle East.

As if they want to plant a subconscious seed that only 'Anti-American foreigners' believe the nonsensical conspiracy theories. You don't want to be like the 'Anti-American foreign scum' do you? That's right, so believe the official story, you gentle and intelligent American citizen, you! You're way too civilized to give into such theories.

Anyone one else notice or are suspicious about this?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree Illusion.. You can do that type of OP when nobody is looking and get away with it.

But when you interupt Sunday night prime time,EVERYDODY saw it and went What???

You shot, killed,flew the body to a body of water,cleansed him,and slipped him into the sea.

"OK...If you guys say so..good enough for me...let's celebrate."

The whole world is scratching our heads.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Notice that article (blog) is very Middle East-centric. Some excerpts:

Immediately after the death of Osama bin Laden was announced, rumors about it swirled through the streets, coffee shops, and Internet cafés of the Middle East, Pakistan, and other parts of the Muslim world.

“There are numerous question marks still seeking clear and honest answers from the American administration,” went an opinion piece in the Palestinian paper Al-Quds Al-Arabi.

Conspiracy theories like these are especially common in the Middle East and western Asia. Why?

Media reports have quoted some Abbottabad locals as saying that in the absence of any evidence that bin Laden or other Arab extremists had been living in the town, the bin Laden story simply had to be a conspiracy.

Another factor explaining the ubiquity of conspiracy thinking in the Middle East is the presence of authoritarian governments there.

And so it goes, on and on all the way through the article. That by itself wouldn't make me suspicious and I would just assume an author wanted to write about the conspiracy theories from a Middle Eastern perspective.

But this is like the tenth MSM article I have seen where the conspiracy theories are made out to be directly related to the Middle East.

As if they want to plant a subconscious seed that only 'Anti-American foreigners' believe the nonsensical conspiracy theories. You don't want to be like the 'Anti-American foreign scum' do you? That's right, so believe the official story, you gentle and intelligent American citizen, you! You're way too civilized to give into such theories.

You just have to look at the planned (Prediction) of Albert Pike in 1871.

It makes sense of what is going on now.

Albert Pike Prediction WW3

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other.

This raises questions and realisations of what is going on right now in the middle east!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I absolutely agree, and its because their "only American conspiracy whack job" line of approach has failed.

First they tried to say only crazy Americans have a problem with the story, and now they are saying only "terrorists" believe it, and it just goes to show, mainstreet isnt buying into their crap and, like the Osama story itself, they just keep having to jump the shark again and again to try to do damage control.

My 80 something year old, served in WWII loyal American southern baptist neighbors are having trouble with the story. Its not the fringe they are having trouble with, and the more desperate they get to claim that, the more people are realizing they are liars.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As I wrote on another thread, never seen the news networks say "conspiract theorists" so much before.Either there are many millions of us or CNN and others are trying to make people who don't blindly follow everything the government says as "whackjobs".No coverage on MSM of Japanese disaster.......Is it over? Nope, still spewing radiation everyday. Gulf Oil spill.......fish dying, whales and dolphins washing up and government imposes restrictions on scientists trying to test/report on this.Libya...still bombing and US/Brits on the ground, but haven't heard Libya even mentioned for a week since this Bin Laden mess started. The girl with the black lipstick mentioned by another poster......I'm guessing Goth look and thereby associating "conspirists"with a fringe element of today's society that most look down on. See another popular thread on here about MSM being "state run" media ala North Korea.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Now that is a darn good point. I hadn't noticed that but you are right.

At first it was American conspiracy theorists were crazy. But, like you said, patriotic, god-fearing, tax-paying USA! USA! USA! Americans from Main Street Alabama are asking 'WTF? This isn't making any sense.' Then once they're told they're just a bunch of crazy conspiracy nuts, those who KNOW they're not were calling the government out for being labeled as such.

Now it's being shifted onto non Americans instead. Great observation.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
can someone ban this troll already?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Before you know it, all of us American Conspiracy Theorists will be labeled as Terrorists. We will some how magically have ties to Muslim terrorists

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What’s the conspiracy, it happened, what more does the public need to know from the Democratic Party that did It.
Obama is fulfilling his campaign promises as he said,its nothing new !

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

What’s the conspiracy, it happened, what more does the public need to know from the Democratic Party that did It.

By the way, they also did 9/11. what does that tell u?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

By the way, they also did 9/11. what does that tell u?

We already know that bush helped osama,thats not a conspiracy.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The science of mapping bin Laden's face: Palm Beach Gardens firm identifies bad guys

When President Obama gave the order for Navy SEALs to infiltrate a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, he was sure enough - but not certain - that Osama bin Laden was one of its occupants.

A key part of the mission was verifying that the man the SEALs had killed was in fact the world's most wanted terrorist.

The technology and equipment used to map that infamous face and signal a successful mission came from Palm Beach County...

In what was once an ice skating rink, the 6-year-old firm designs and builds some of the most sophisticated biometric technology in the world.
www.palmbeachpost.com...

t's not clear what biometric data the military had. But using software designed by Cross Match, the SEEK can match a person to a simple photograph.

An iris scan alone is 100 times more accurate than fingerprints, Oehler said.

I live very near here and never knew it existed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's Disgusting to me to live in a society full of deceit...it's 2011 Leaders may think just cause they have all the latest technology at their fingertips and super intelligence to spy and then swiftly cover up their tracks , that we are so Naive and gullible to believe every exact word and never question anything they spit out as profound truth. By all means never distrust your Government never cause they make mistakes too ,,

So they may have botched up how this whole OBL mission unfolded but it happened so they say .. But please don’t call us conspiracy nuts for wanting to know the truth .. we watched just as millions across the world has and id say many are doubtful about everything that has been said so far

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have to say the hoax theories have been very underwhelming so far.

It would be funny if it wasn't sad how the majority of conspiracy enthusiasts hold facts that dispute their views to a level of scrutiny bordering on obssesive, yet if someone posts a youtube video that supports their view, no facts needed, no verification needed, just a bunch of sheep lining up to gorge at the trough.

Maybe the hoax theories have been so weak because it's really not that hard to believe after a 10 year search, a team of 40 navy SEALS in a stealth chopper managed to kill an unarmed man in the middle of the night.

I mean even the "thay are all in on it" crowd can't seriously put it out there that UBL's wives, daughter, AQ, the taliban, hamas, hezbollah, pakistan and the US are all corroborating each other for any other reason than the man is dead.

if you want to get ahead of the curve, the next batch of conspiracy theories may be interesting, the "was it legal" approach might gain momentum. I'm waiting for the "UBL wanted Obama to be the one that got him".

but I'll pass on the "he died in 200_" until someone shows up with photos and DNA evidence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join