It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC school district to give away iPod, laptop to children who participate in vaccination contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I remember watching Bill Moyer's show back in 200# something. He had a young woman on discussing about the dangers of the Papillomavirus Vaccine. So when my doctor asked if I wanted the vaccine, I replied, "no". I hope all those young people best of luck. They should demand that the principal be tested on first for safety, since he recommended it. I can only think that if something goes wrong. Lawsuits will be flying at the school.

(NaturalNews) The Chapel Hill - Carrboro City School (CHCCS) district in North Carolina has launched a shocking new vaccination contest that offers prize incentives to students who get vaccinated. According to the CHCCS district website, for each vaccine a student receives, he or she will also receive an entry into a drawing to win an Apple iPod or a laptop computer -- and students that get the entire recommended vaccine schedule, which includes the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for both boys and girls, will be allowed extra entries into the contest and more chances to win than other students.

The Tdap vaccine, of course, is a highly dangerous vaccine that has been implicated in causing permanent brain damage and other serious injuries. Just a few months ago, a Texas man explained to My FOX Houston that the Tdap vaccine caused his otherwise healthy and bright young daughter to basically turn into a vegetable, suffering hundreds of seizures daily as a result (www.naturalnews.com...).

That the CHCCS school district has chosen to push a series of high-risk vaccines on young students using alluring prize incentives is both irresponsible and unethical. In fact, it is borderline child abuse, as the HPV vaccine in particular has absolutely no proven benefits, and only an extremely high risk of serious injury and death.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Your link is not valid.

Also this does not shock me at all. Bribe and bribe, at least it is with something they want and not death or a work camp. Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean work camp I meant a "Get Better Camp."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey here you go folks, awesome i-gadgets to keep you coming, and not asking any questions

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was flabbergasted when "Sid the Science Kid", a PBS kids' show, aired an episode about the flu vaccine.

www.flu.gov...

My toddler hasn't been allowed to watch PBS propaganda since.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
wow a laptop that would be nice......at my school if we dont get the the vaccines they "offer" we get suspended for 20 days. to put this in perspective someone got beat someone unconsious and they were only suspended for 7 days

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
wow a laptop that would be nice......at my school if we dont get the the vaccines they "offer" we get suspended for 20 days. to put this in perspective someone got beat someone unconsious and they were only suspended for 7 days

I just pretended to get mine, stood in line and all that jazz then the moment came and I walked right through and out the door, no one noticed and I haven't been sick since.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

ahh i tried that it didnt work.....we have to get a card puched then hand it in

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, first off, naturalnews.com is literally the worst site I've seen on the internet and just so blatantly wrong that it's amazing that anyone actually reads it.

Really, gems like these are just laughable at best.

but it does not explain why the Tdap and HPV vaccines are also included in the vaccine drive.

Why are there vaccines in a vaccine drive...?

The Tdap vaccine, of course, is a highly dangerous vaccine that has been implicated in causing permanent brain damage and other serious injuries

Obviously, Andrew Wakefield proved this didn't he? Oh wait...

Just a few months ago, a Texas man explained to My FOX Houston that the Tdap vaccine caused his otherwise healthy and bright young daughter to basically turn into a vegetable, suffering hundreds of seizures daily as a result

As if nothing more is needed to confirm a suspicion than a man who is obviously emotionally invested in the situation telling the story of basically getting vaccinated and then proclaiming it's basically an injection of death. How about you ask, I don't know, someone who may actually have some education in the specific field? He even says:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other government agencies insist that the risk is small

When they mean the risk is present but small, they literally mean there's a risk but it's incredibly small when weighing risk vs benefit, Hell, they could be injecting nothing and accidents can happen, there's risks to everything.

That the CHCCS school district has chosen to push a series of high-risk vaccines on young students using alluring prize incentives is both irresponsible and unethical.

Should be reworded "The CHCCS school district is attempting to raise vaccination rates by including the use of incentives", just the fact that he thinks trying to raise vaccinations rates with incentives equates to unethical and irresponsible behavour,while spreading blatantly false information and pretending that he knows what he's talking about which is ironically enough, unethical and irresponsible, to say the least. I wonder what his definition of "high-risk" is anyways?

In fact, it is borderline child abuse

Intentionally giving them false and misleading information is abuse.

as the HPV vaccine in particular has absolutely no proven benefits

Says the guy that literally thought insects would not eat McDonalds because "it wasn't food, it's just chemicals"...regardless, reality disagrees

Efficacy

Both Gardasil[22] and Cervarix[25] have been shown to prevent cervical dysplasia from the HPV strains that they target, that is, types 16, 18, 6, and 11 for Gardasil and types 16 and 18 for Cervarix. This effect has lasted 4 years after vaccination for Gardasil[22] and more than 6 years for Cervarix.[26][27][28] As of September 2010, it is thought that booster vaccines will not be necessary.[29]

The vaccines also offer some protection against a few high-risk HPV types that are closely related to HPVs 16 and 18. Cervarix has been shown to offer some protection against types 45 and 31,[30] similarly, Gardasil has been shown to offer some protection against type 31, and 9 others.[31] However, there are other high-risk HPV types are not affected by the vaccines.[32]

and only an extremely high risk of serious injury and death.

Is that a joke? Seriously, does he know he can google information?

As of 1 September 2009 there have been more than 26 million doses distributed in the United States, and there have been 15,037 Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) reports following the vaccination.[33] Ninety-two percent were reports of events considered to be non-serious (e.g., fainting, pain and swelling at the injection site (arm), headache, nausea and fever), and 8 percent were considered to be serious (death, permanent disability, life-threatening illness and hospitalization). There is no proven causal link between the vaccine and serious adverse effects; all reports are related by time only. That is, they are only related because the effect happened some time after the vaccination.[33] As of 1 September 2009, there have been 44 U.S. reports of death among females who have received the vaccine.[33] None of the 27 confirmed deaths of women and girls who had taken the vaccine were linked to the vaccine.[33] Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS), a rare disorder that causes muscle weakness, has been reported after vaccination with Gardasil. There is no evidence suggesting that Gardasil causes or raises the risk of GBS. Additionally, there have been rare reports of blood clots forming in the heart, lungs and legs.[33]

As of 5 November 2009 the CDC continues to recommend Gardasil vaccination for the prevention of four types of HPV.[33] Merck, the manufacturer of Gardasil, will continue to test women who have received the vaccine to determine the vaccine's efficacy over a lifetime.

Look at the numbers, 26 million doses, with 15,037 reported incidents or VAERS, which is 0.057%, 92% percent of those 15,037 reported incidents were not serious, so that leaves us the rough estimate, and likely to be exaggerated number of 8% that were considered "serious", which is 1202.96 incidents. Now, 1202 incidents that are classified as "serious" with a total count of roughly 26 million would be 0.00462%. Does that seriously seem like a "high risk of death" to you? If so, you need to take a look at some of the biases you may have.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You gotta love two-for-ones.

I wonder what's next?

"Step right up, kiddies, and get a free sack of Prozac-laced M&Ms when you sign up to have a very special Mark tatooed on your right hand and forehead" ?

"Limited time offer only, kids: Get biochipped today and also receive a special one-time-only 100-mictosievert jolt of nature's own tonic, ole fashioned gamma rays" ?

I'm being facetious...but not that facetious.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

There is the link.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well, first off, naturalnews.com is literally the worst site I've seen on the internet and just so blatantly wrong that it's amazing that anyone actually reads it
reply to post by Whyhi

So Natural News has been proven to be wrong? Are they as bad as WND?

join