It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost in Space: The Administration’s Rush for Sino–U.S. Space Cooperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The Obama Administration appears absolutely intent on engaging the PRC in space cooperation. How else to explain the claim by White House Office of Science and Technology Policy Director John Holdren that the congressional restriction banning U.S.–Chinese space cooperation under just about any circumstances was not, in fact, a ban?

Obama Administration's push for Chinese Cooperation

Given the fact that the People's Republic of China are a sneaky bunch, I find it difficult to comprehend that an American adiministration would be so hell-bent on seeking a cooperation for the pursuit of space travel.

Just what can the Chinese contribute to the United States in this area? The only thing I can think of is this administration wants the United States to fall behind, or have a 'level' playing field, when it comes to the cutting-edge technology that's usually associated with space exploration.

I don't know if this should be in the political forum or space exploration forum but one thing is for sure, if we let the Chinese anywhere near our technological lead in this area, then we might as well just lay down and give up our very life. It is true that the United States was in a space race with the Soviet Union in the early years but now tht we've proven to the world what we're capable of, we want to help a society that's known to have a detestation of us.

I don't kniow about this....well, yes I do. I really don't think that the United States should lift one finger in helping the Chinese with their efforts to enter space.
edit on 9/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
by "cooperation" i'm sure they mean "don't tell anyone about what you find unless we say you can"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yeah! Like the Chinese are going to listen to anything we've go to say except for when we're giving them technical advice.

The statement make me chuckle a bit. Star.

join