It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amtrak = Failure... Hey, let's give them more money!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I would love to have rail service in the US

Cali's "Rail to Nowhere" cost us a lot of money which now they can never build on levies already cashed and never built, and, the kicker, its use would never generate the revenue to pay for its self.

No I will drive and um yes I will gripe about gas prices too,

Oil is not a dirty 3 letter word....get over it

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Sorry but I know nothing about Cali rail service as I live in central Illinois. Is/was Cali rail a pollution issue that is to reduce highway traffic?

Do you drive a GM subsidized vehicle?

edit on 24-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I wish had a Euro style rail system as well. But I think we are about 30 years too late in its development. The window of opportunity has been long closed due to increased Urban and Suburban sprawl.

They wanted a rail system in Ohio to connect Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy. It would take longer to travel city to city by rail than by car. Fine for recreational travel but not practical for business users. I want the TGV!! bought and paid for by private equity. I don't like getting taxed for projects that should be privately funded. Here in Cleveland, they dinged us years back in order to pay for a new Baseball Stadium. Now they are whacking us to build a New Medical Mart. We pay 7.75% local sales tax which drives people out of the county to make major purchases.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join