It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Appeal of Apocalyptic and other Doom’s Day Styled Predictions and Prophecies

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You actually haven't been able to speak to nor have you addressed the fact that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have dooms day apocalyptic prophecies incorporated into them as a main fixture, and indeed culiminating aspects of the religions.

So acting mystified that someone, anyone, would see these religions as not just a main culprit but a catalyst as I shall explain further following, is short sighted and misguided to say the least.

What were you aware of first in life, Nostrodamous or the Bible?

Which did you read about or were taught about first in life Quatrain 666, or the Beast being 666 in the Book of Revalations.

In fact most people learn at an early age, as young as 4, 5, or 6 years old about Bible prophecies and predictions.

They don't teach Vacation Nostrodamous or Sunday Nostrodamous school to pre-schoolers.

They do teach Vacation Bible School, and Sunday Bible School to pre-schoolers, where the institution of church, as well as religious minded parents, often teach these prophecies and predictions to children orally before they are even old enough to learn how to read the words.

So not recognizing that as a main factor in exposing people to predictions and prophecies and a belief in predictions and prophecies since of course Christians take the Bible on faith to be true, including the prophecies is in fact embracing ignorance, or a calculated deflection meant to mask how big an impact religion really does have in teaching people the concepts of Doom's Day Styled Predictiosn and Prophecies.

Your arguments have addressed anything but that, and have been rancrorous and contentious without merrit or to any point besides simply providing you a platform to rail against your pet peeves.

Further you have failed to establish any Prophecies or Predictions comming true in any clear definitive way.

Saying on May 27th 2011, at 2:14 PM EST in the Oval Office of the President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama is going to stub his toe, on the antique end table to the right of the main sitting couch, and it will be his big toe on his left foot, and then that actually occurs is impressive.

Saying I think this year the President will stub his toe, and two years from now he is hobbling into a press conference and says hey ladies and gentlemen don't worry I stubbed my toe is not.

You have failed to establish your prima fascia case, in fact you haven't even managed to develop one.

Nor have you addressed the very real ellements you are trying to dismiss those being the religious ones, in your deflectioanry rants.

As such I am inclined to believe you haven't influenced anyone with critical and objective minds with these diatribes.

Thanks.

edit on 11/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join