It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather pattern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was just watching the weather channel and heard them talking about the flooding from the Mississippi River is the worst since 1937. There was also a horrible flood in China that is considered by most to be the worst natural disaster of the 20th century I remembered hearing after the recent tornado outbreak had been the worst since since 1932. I also know alot of places in the world are having massive droughts. In the 1930's of course the US had the dust bowl.

I stumbled apon this article showing how the flooding this time compares with the flood of 1937 illinoishistory.blogspot.com...

Referencing the flooding www.bloomberg.com...

Article referencing the tornado outbreak surpassing the 1932 outbreak. www.huffingtonpost.com...

1931 China Floods References
en.wikipedia.org...
www.history.com...

Referencing the the current drought
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do you think the similarities are just La Nina's coincidence or could something else be affecting us that was affecting us in the 1930's?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight

Its my theory and others may or may not agree but its the gravitational forces from Niburu

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

man there have been strange weather patterns for 2 years

we've been talking about them and people have been making fun of us

should we really give you any credit?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

the patterns we are seeing with weather this year are not even close to the previous years..

could you give us a comparison?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Spring planting here in Oregon was ruined too ... by to much rain and cold temps. What I planted back in late March and early April either drowned or was dwarfed. And all my beds are raised. Flowers in the ground have been stunted too, and average temps -10 below normal with rain and hail seemingly every day.

It's the complete reverse of last year, where we had little rain and planting started in February.

Hopefully it warms up and stops raining, otherwise we could see crop failures of fruits on the West coast, and grains in the plains states. Not to mention the drought killing off wheat and corn crops all throughout Texas. And this, all on top of "the big freeze" that froze the whole West Coast, down into Mexico and wiped out harvest during winter growth .. tomatoes were going for $5/lb for a while here.

I hear we blaming La Nina this year.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
well, the earthquake near japan a month or so ago, i read actually shifted the earth's axis 4 inches off. Myabe that has someting to do with it?
i was watching channel 170 not too long ago, why we have a moon* without the moon, the earth would tobble, go sideways, round n round in orbit.the moons tabilizes our axis, which shifts every 26,000 years. the slightest degree off axis, and the earth seems to respond* more at a climate level* maybe the japan earthquake, shifted earth enough to casue a climate change?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The earth is constantly changing and goes through cycles.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am not asking for any type of credit WanderingThe3rd.

I just wanted to hear others feedback on what the similarities are between now and the 1930's. We have had multiple references to the 1930's recently which has sparked my interest.

Bowser65: the thought of Niburu had crossed my mind though I am not well versed in all of those theories.

Rockpuck: Yea I have been reading a lot of articles saying that La Nina is too blame. I wonder if thats all it is just a coincidence.... I know a lot of crops here were ruined by a recent hail storm we had. I had never seen hail that big with that intensity.

ziggy1706: I really like your hypothesis. There were a couple large quakes in the 1930's as well.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I made a thread about this, (never caught on) hm.. there are strange stuff indeed going on, but I think it's more of a cycle, than something affecting us

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm relatively new here and the reason I'm here is because of the weird weather and other things going on. My research led me to ATS trying to find answers about the rumblings we heard a few months ago. And wow, what a world of info and fabulous minds at work! In northern Utah weather has been awful, literally no sun all winter where usually in past years it snows with blue sky and sun (so it's not so awful). But this year I swear it feels colder than reported temps. We've had non-stop rainy days so it feels like we're living in Oregon which I think Is a beautiful state but I love the sun and it's never out. Also off topic is that the car compass was showing North when I knew from a physical standpoint we were driving EAST; The birds are out way past their bedtime as well. They're chirping way into the dark hours of the night, which I don't think is right. Plus the local news reports more and more on national tornadoes, snow, quakes, and other global weather alerts. Too many abnormal things are going on, even Hawaii has a winter weather watch active for snow, plus flooding. Strange.

Maybe it's just that modern technology makes us more aware and we have immediate access to info. Imagine having to send a letter via the Pony Express.
But it is stunning to see what's happening around the world, weather related events, so thanks for your post: J

If you link to the below websites you can see information on current global disaster and relief efforts. This includes floods, famine and food depletion, disease e.g. cholera is widespread in Haiti and other disease pandemics, or mudslides. There's alot of displaced people from events. Sorry but I do not have any info or data to compare current happenings and conditions with past years.

Colombia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2011 Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
USA: Storms and Tornadoes - Apr 2011 Peru: Floods and Mudslides - Oct 2010
Kazakhstan: Floods - Apr 2011 Sri Lanka: Floods - Oct 2010
Japan: Earthquake and Tsunami - Mar 2011 Pakistan: Floods - Jul 2010
Bolivia: Floods and Landslides - Jan 2011 Haiti: Earthquakes - Jan 2010
reliefweb.int...
reliefweb.int...

join