It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mineral Discovered: One of Earliest Minerals Formed in Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

In the May-June issue of the journal American Mineralogist, a team of scientists announced the discovery of the new mineral krotite, one of the earliest minerals formed in our solar system. It is the main component of an unusual inclusion embedded in a meteorite (NWA 1934), found in northwest Africa. These objects, known as refractory inclusions, are thought to be the first planetary materials formed in our solar system, dating back to before the formation of Earth and the other planets.

The main component of the grain was a low-pressure calcium aluminum oxide (CaAl2O4) never before found in nature. Kampf's determination of the atomic arrangement in the mineral showed it to be the same as that of a human-made component of some types of refractory (high-temperature) concrete.The creation of the human-made compound requires temperature of at least 1,500°C (2,732°F). This, coupled with the fact that the compound forms at low pressure, is consistent with krotite forming as a refractory phase from the solar nebula. Therefore, the likelihood is that krotite is one of the first minerals formed in our solar system.

In addition to krotite, the Cracked Egg contains at least eight other minerals, including one other mineral new to science.

source

Concrete Meteorites? Maybe not quite, yet interesting none the less

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

OR since the material closely resembles a man made material, could it be some evidence of ancient technology for concrete building material that came from say an area like the asteroid belt and the possible exploded planet?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
reply to post by iforget

OR since the material closely resembles a man made material, could it be some evidence of ancient technology for concrete building material that came from say an area like the asteroid belt and the possible exploded planet?

Why? That's a needlessly complicated explanation that requires a lot of assumptions.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

Geology is a wonderful thing. It is great to see new discoveries and minerals and elements.

Why for once can't there be just another discovery instead of trying to read something into things?

i am sure that you would understand atomic structures and and how they bind together.

Though if you wish to prove an exploding planet theory based on this new mineral discovery, I and many others will be happy to wait for your proof.

Until then what we have here is a new mineral..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Perhaps, I sense a bit of tongue and cheek comment here above.

As a chemist and observer I think that type of material does not have to be man made, but it could be. Since, we have to manufacture it now, it would certainly be Cmdr Spock logical to conclude the theory about ancient tech is at least still on the table. Even if the narrow minded shill types would boot it off based on any complication that has not been truly proven to stop the possibility of manufactured material. Normally comments like you made are rather resulting in the squelching of the open to possibilties part about thinking for oneself. No offense meant as tongue in cheek makes some sense to me for your reason for that comment.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

You perhaps should ply your thoughts where the sheeple will listen instead of here on ATS if you can't stand open mindedness.

Truly you don't wish to exclude any clues of something that has only recently been discovered and brought forth for review before we know for sure do you? Sherlock Holmes, the hero of many, had a profound approach to data. He stated that "when you iliminate the obvious, whatever remains however ridiculus it may sound, must be the truth". As an analytical chemist I have to consider all possibilities when a man made like compound is discoverd for the first time or I am not being scientific but instead blinded by a personal belief.

Presupposing a mechanism is good only as long as you don't ignore or fail to explore the results of other processes that might contradict what your wishing the results to be. Much like the man made influence of global climate change situation/hoax. We all know that if the sun wasn't very warm already here on earth, there is no way we could even survive above ground, yet educated idiots would have us believe we are going to dramatically change our own climate with carbon dioxide. It might make the coastline move back a few feet a century but man and the planet WILL survive as long as that yellow orb stays somewhat the same in our sky.
History is repleat with ignorance caused simply by willing close mindedness.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I do not disagree with open minded approaches. All I suggest is until it is proven otherwise it is just a new mineral. Albeit exciting new mineral

Nature has made many things that have taken man a very long time to emulate. Just because this mineral is like a man made alloy it really does not suggest that it is man made. it suggests that it is a mineral. Until it is proven that it is man made it is a natural formation. Does this make it clearer?

As for Sheeples:............ ROFL

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

interestingly one of the other minerals found was the same mineral found in construction orange paint. what now? jk...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I guess the plot thickens.........

Do you know the actual elements that were identified? IF we know them and we find some plaster board or say a builders glove as well then we are really onto something.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

interestingly one of the other minerals found was the same mineral found in construction orange paint. what now? jk...

Alien civilizations have bad taste?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

the cracked egg grain contains at least eight other minerals, one of which is new to science, the researchers say.

This is interesting i wonder what kind of new tech can be made possible from this mineral. There is also a thread about Alien Probe possibly in orbit with Earth there may be aliens watching us with advanced probes.

I hope we can send a mission to this possible Alien probe .... its called VG 1991

edit on 9-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I found this thread on VG 1991
www.abovetopsecret.com...

is there another I didnt see a post from you there?
thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

S & F'd ur post I think its interesting.. we are learning so many new things about the Universe.
2007 VG1991 Thread my Post
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join