It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Approves $124 Million In Aid To PA After Israel Blocks Transfer Of Palestinian Funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
sou rce

what a GIANT embarrassment this is for israel?

good luck trying to get EUs support to block a palestinian state...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Massively embarrassing. Shows them for the tyrants they are.

How could the reconciliation of Fatah and Hamas for peaceful reunification of Palestine be seen as a bad thing by anyone but Israel, much less warrant the blocking of fund transfers?

On a related note and a rare prediction from yours truly; watch this space 15th-21st May. Abbas might say he's against a 3rd Intifada but it will happen regardless and with the revolutionary timbre sweeping the ME, orchestrated or not, opens the door to heavy support/criticism respectively from the 2 factions evermore disjointed by internationally divided opinion, clandestine spying and military encroachment on both sides and increasing condemnation and interference in one an-others policies.

NATO/EU vs. BRICS/SCO. The UN will dissolve overnight. I'm surprised less is being said about this, but isn't that just how it always happens? Out of the blue..

Israel is to the US as Pakistan is to China. Libya is to France as India is to Russia. The ME/Africa is the perfect staging ground for the coming war; all we've seen so far has been a skirmish,, preserving as much of the home territories as possible.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hopefully more nations follow suit.

Let's see Israel attempt to challenge the EU now, oh, that's right, Israel won't dare challenge a military equal or superior as they only pick on lesser nations. They most definately cannot use their bullying tactics on The EU because The EU will tear them a new one.

Hopefully this package goes towards schools, hospitals, fire houses, police department, and creates the infrastructure that forms a manufacturing industry so that these people have something to look forward to.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For #'s sake...

What the hell are they thinking?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The likud government is NOT good for Israel but great for Israels cancer, i.e. The Settlers.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
For #'s sake...

What the hell are they thinking?

Who are you referring to ??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

To the Israeli government. I'm completely disappointed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

To the Israeli government. I'm completely disappointed.

Well the good news is if Egypt open their border then Palestine can import/export through there instead of Israel..

Then they can tell those thieves to go sc%$# themselves..
Holding back legitimate money is as good as starving the people..
Not sure why you'd be surprised at this barbaric action from Israel..
Seems normal to me...
edit on 8-5-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The bottom line here, displayed once again by the Israeli government, is that they don't wany any peace accord. Such a thing would show them up even more for the thieves that they really are!

They always drag up the old chestnut of Hamas refusing to recognise the state of Israel, which is a real pot calling the kettle black scenario when Israel itself refuses to allow, let along recognise, any Palestinian state or independance and refuses to officially draw up set borders. The US knows this, the UN members know this, everyone with a functioning brain cell and a little background checking can see this but Israel is still allowed to do what it wants without any fear of repercussions against it.
The lobbying - blackmail? - of our own governments sees them bowing down to Israeli wishes time after time, and you have to ask why? Why, when Israel time and again ignores international law, UN resolutions against it and condemnation for it's actions, does it get a free pass to do it all again? I see the leadership of my own government, across all parties, with their "Friends of Israel" websites, their fawning statements in parliament in support of Israeli actions, when Israel is so wrong every time, and I wonder what drives them to have to make these public statements of support?
I watched a clip from the House of Commons a while ago, where William Hague made some comment about Israel, and one by one members stood up to make their full and undying support known. It all looked very scripted and kind of creepy!

I'm sorry, but Israels problems are not ours, we have our own problems back home to sort out and the problems (self created) of a foreign power are not our concern. If the government want to dabble on the international stage, then it should be to apply international law, in equal measure, to all players.

Good luck to the Palestinians with this move but look out for false flag events to allow Israel to once again ignore any talks offers, wave the victim flag and carry on it's policy of occupation, oppression, land theft and killing.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This isn't normal, and I'm doubtful this will last for more than a few weeks...

Netanyahu is running this country to the ground.

top topics

join