It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Administrators Take It To The Next Level In Huntersville, NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV) - Lake Norman Charter school suspended students and fired a teacher after what administrators call a sexual harassment incident. The involved a group of male students picked on another student after he passed gas at the end of gym class. The incident happened in April.

Source: www.wbtv.com...

The meat and bones of this story is that there was some typical high school tomfoolery going on in the locker rooms, the teacher didn't stop it, and some how this ends up being a sexual harassment issue.

From the way this story sounds, I'm guessing one kid got picked out from the herd to be the target of amusement, and because the teacher allowed it to continue to the point that some nipples got twisted, he got canned.

Outrage, I say. Shocking.

Who agrees that the school administrators might have gone over board with this?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
who cares?
teachers get what they ask for i say.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I remember this one time back when I still at school, this group of guys tied this guy to a pole and everyone started to kick the crap out of him. One of the teachers came up to us and said "ok, you've had your fun now" and then just walked away. They did stop after that though.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been disciplined.

I probably should have added that originally, but mistakes are mistakes.

What my issue is with this is that to take something that was probably bullying and swing it into the context of "gang banging" is just absurd. I mean seriously, what vile fiend would stand idly by while watching something like that? In school, in session more likely than not, and a teacher?

I mean sure, they are out there - but from how the student who was interviewed the situation was far from anything deviant.
edit on 7-5-2011 by MelvinTheMad because: Spelling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinTheMad

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV) - Lake Norman Charter school suspended students and fired a teacher after what administrators call a sexual harassment incident. The involved a group of male students picked on another student after he passed gas at the end of gym class. The incident happened in April.

Source: www.wbtv.com...

The meat and bones of this story is that there was some typical high school tomfoolery going on in the locker rooms, the teacher didn't stop it, and some how this ends up being a sexual harassment issue.

From the way this story sounds, I'm guessing one kid got picked out from the herd to be the target of amusement, and because the teacher allowed it to continue to the point that some nipples got twisted, he got canned.

Outrage, I say. Shocking.

Who agrees that the school administrators might have gone over board with this?

I am guessing you were a bully in High School? The thing is teachers like that both protect and enable bullies. If the student being harassed could of laid a beating into the students engaging in harassment then I would agree it was a case of "tomfoolery" and the administrators went over board. But the current rules protect bullies from getting the beating they deserve so students that would normally have a physical recourse are left with none.

Therefore "tomfoolery" shouldn't be tolerated period. I honestly don't know how your capable of sleeping at night. I could see bsing with friends but it is obvious those kid's weren't friends. So what your advocating is allowing some people to hurt others while having no fear of punitive actions being taken against them. That is just evil plain and simple + sociopathic.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Um, okay.

I'm not really sure where or how you read into what I posted that I was a "bully in high school" or even advocated bullying in schools, period.

I was expressing discontentment with turning a bullying situation into a sexual harassment situation, which are two very different things and have no business being confused for one another.

Edit: Also, I'd like to add that human nature is human nature. To say that what is happening is schools now is any different than what has been happening in social situations with the young since people figured out rocks could be picked up and thrown is absurd.

Pandering to this "Protect the children from the children!" spiel is just as harmful as stopping the practice of punishing children in the first place.
edit on 9-5-2011 by MelvinTheMad because: (no reason given)

top topics

join