It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy (Stand Up, Improv, etc)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I haven't found anything through searching, so I don't know if anything exists on the topic or if I'm posting in the correct area. Sorry in advance for that.

Anyway, I'm getting back into the stand up comedy game and was wondering if anyone on ATS has tried their hand at it. A lot of my material is conspiratorial, and therefore "underground." I also know some solid names that should be right up ATS's alley.

I figure I'd like to start an extended thread or sub forum focusing on the use of stand up as an avenue for new insight(s) and overall dissemination. In other words, not just comics ya'll like, but comics who are relevant to "this thing of ours," hehe. Anyone have any favorites?

- CB
edit on 6-5-2011 by Imyourchuckleberry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Imyourchuckleberry

i thought about standup myself, good ole george carlin that dead f--k is my influence and my fave lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
George Carlin has to be the king of this type of comedy!

Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

lol this ones funny as hell

youtu.be...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Carlin was, and still is, top notch. Remarkably accessible later in his life too as far as audiences go. I'm more of Bill Hicks person. Another dead hero.

You only thought about it Cujo? Why not go for it?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Do a youtube search for Bill Hicks if you aren't familiar with him. He and Calrin are the top dogs indeed,

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I mean no disrespect. You were "in" the standup comedy game and know some "heavy hitters" that might be participants in future discussions about conspiracys in your act?

Rosie O"donnel...that you? How's that new show working for ya? Pilot tests look promising?

OK OK Dennis Miller writers are fishing..Funny IMO.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Imyourchuckleberry

well i typically do rap music myself, but some people have told me i should do standup cuz when i get off on a rant they laugh their ass off lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yep, George is #1

then I'd have to say Bill Hicks comes in 2nd

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Cujo I happen to know a little about standup. And writing..

I think I'm contact writing this as I type it.
..HAPPY MOM..??? there's no such things as ghost..theres no such things as ghost

If you can go to a writing class, and can share visualization with that teacher about your idea, or just go on stage and figure out what a live audience likes..You'll be fine.

Ask these guys once your famous if they like you.
Shandling
Pryer
Sagget
Lettermen
Chappelle
Leno
Letterman
Leo Gallager............... His brother
Miller
Steve Bleustein LOL
Pryers 3rd wife
Sam
Rodney
Eddie and Chis don't count...Murphy and Rock.
Conan ...Side kick is funnier
Bruce Baum,Denny Johnson,Muarry Langston,
HEYYYY Sammy Shore? forgetaboutit..Pauly? Hmmmm(Pauly is Sammy Shores son with Mitzie Shore who took over(the comedy store) after the divorce. Pauly,Mitzie and Sam are fine.

Rudy Deluca?

Does ANYBODY know Sammy Shore and Rudy Deluca and Mel (what's his name? OH Brooks)
spent a a great deal of comedy writing in a DELI while they waited for a sandwhich at 12:30 in the morning?

WHILE Carl Reiner was telling Rob he'll never succeeed in the business,I felt hurt while I added extra capers to the bagel. I FELT like one of the capers of comedy.

This comedy thing is new to me.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Let's not argue what's funny.

Funniest recorded record EVER

"Richard Pryers" Is It Something I Said?"

Both sides total content.

Wins best of Show.

A LOT of funny records out there.

Not the same category and you guys know it..

Still highest bar.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
check out Bill Burr...hilarious,

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I thought I made it clear that I'm interested in conspiratorial or otherwise underground comedy. I know heavy hitters in that scene. Because, by nature, if it's underground or alternative..and one is a heavy hitter..one considers themselves part of a bigger scene or community. Not talking Dane Cook here. And I'm getting back into it, not saying I made a dent in it or am going to. It's an interest and motivation, thanks for increasing that for me.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I will post name and videos of legit underground comics that I feel need the support of the audience they target, which I think is right htere at ATS. Bear with me as I get used to posting and living my life at the same time!

Again, I'm not getting into who is funniest. That's relatively subjective and already proven to be taken out of context. I want to share, and learn, if ATS knows of any comics who are geared toward questioning, skepticism, conspiracy.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OK here we go. To me, the following are the "big 3" of alternative comedy. The beauty of such a concept is that two of them are unknown to the general public. And the biggest is hit or miss as far as random sampling is concerned. I highly suggest Mack Lindsay; Alex Jones even makes an appearance in the link provided. Doug Stanhope, Mack Lindsay, Rick Shapiro:

Stanhope, living god:

Lindsay, the last great hope:

Mack on Myspace

Shapiro, always keeping it real:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This may not be stand up, but it's still comedy. I typically don'e like re-runs of shows, but Friends and Fraiser are exceptions to the rule.

top topics

join