It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Hit - How it Went Down and What it Could Mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How it went down:

The below was relayed to me by a friend who hails from Pakistan and grew up in Abottabad, where the Osama hit occurred, and who still has family in the area, as well as in the Pakistan military. It is what it is.

• April 14 - Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) contacted the CIA regarding a house that was occupied by people of interest.

• April 20 – Delivery of unusual foods like salted meat and dates, popular in Yemen and Saudi Arabia to said house raised eyebrows further.

• The ISI then set up surveillance of the house with agents disguised as fruit vendors with the intent to monitor the compound until August.

• It is unclear how it was decided, but the US had the ISI stand down and allow three US military helicopters to be deployed to Abottabad via Afghanistan locations which were not monitored by Pakistani radar.

• Being a secret operation, the Pakistan Air force (PAF) and the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) were not informed in advance.

• When the helicopters arrived at the house, they were witnessed from the ground by members of the PMA who promptly shot down one helicopter and called for air support from the PAF.

• It is unclear from where the PAF fighters were scrambled, but I am told they were based 148 nautical miles away from Abottabad, which is a 5 minute trip for the JS17 fighters, which take 7 minutes to scramble; however when they arrived on the scene 12 minutes after the initial sighting and shoot down, the remaining US helicopters were already on the way back, indicating the speed and precision of the operation.

• The ISI was not given access to the data allegedly captured at the site.

What it could mean:

Speculation from within the Pakistan military has it that aside from playing well with the home crowd, the Osama hit provided the US with the pretense to escalate operations in NW Waziristan; based on the implication that the Pakistan military cannot be trusted.

But from Pakistan’s perspective, after 34,000 casualties and 68 billion dollars lost since 2004, and with the US applying more and more pressure on the Pakistani military to tame the tribal areas in NW Waziristan, which shares a porous border with Afghanistan, Pakistan is just as much a beneficiary of the OBL hit as Washington was.

The more pressure the Pakistani military applied to NW Waziristan, the higher the rate of retaliation, resulting in more unmanned drone attacks, more casualties, etc; therefore, it is not in Pakistan’s best interest to pursue Washington’s interests in NW Waziristan; in fact, it is in Pakistan’s best interest to let Washington do it themselves; especially if it could be presented that the Pakistani military didn’t assist with the OBL operation, and actually shot down a helicopter and scrambled some jets in an effort to stop them.

Time will tell.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yet another account. *yawn*

This one designed to make pakistan come out smelling better.

Don't believe a word of it - somehow ...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

This isn't "designed" to do anything other than share information which may or may not be otherwise available to folks.

It does not shed any good light on Pakistan, if anything it shows how complicit Pakistan's military and Intelligence community is with the ongoing US march to encircle China and Russia.

This wasn't supposed to be a Tom Clancy novel and I couldn't care less how interesting you find it, or whether you find it believable.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

How does this make "Pakistan smell better'?

Also, on what do you base your claim that this is 'another account'?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

By "another account" he may be referring to another post of mine, or any number of accounts like the below:

Citing the cartoonish "bin laden" hoax, where the long-dead elusive CIA asset has now been "killed" down the street from Pakistan's military academy, Pakistan is expected to acquiesce to numerous demands and concessions from the US.

Such demands being placed upon Pakistan, according to O'Hanlon, involve scaling back Pakistan's nuclear program, reducing Pakistan's unilateral relations with neighboring Afghanistan, and of course America's continued free reign within Pakistani territory itself. In other words, the complete relinquishing of Pakistan's national sovereignty to a foreign power in exchange for less brutality, less engineered destabilization, and diminished economic independence.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

I see. Still not getting the 'smells better' comment.

But from what I've seen of his posts, he's not so big on backing up bold statements.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
*Cancels Order Of Dates*

I Do fancy dates though... so should i expect a Hollywood Story Mission sometime soon?

*Starts Building Compound*

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

well Im grateful for the post seems like the real deal and things are heating up there

news.xinhuanet.com...

seems like the USA propaganda machines playing them for the bad guys too no doubt they will blame the next false flag on that area. Funny how these things always work out so well for Israel...
Feels like its connected to this as well

FnS for the OP please keep posting.

new topics

top topics

join