It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With evidence coming out of rigged computer elections, why do you think your vote will even count?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm curious. With the computer engineer that recently came out, stating he was approached by a Senator, to construct code that would ultimately sway the vote to whichever candidate "TPTB" want it to, why do you even bother to still vote?

Shouldn't you, as a democratic society, demand an inquiry into the polling results of the year 2000, before you even cast another vote? Or are you going to allow this mis justice to define the future of your countries election process?

I think this is a very important issue, since the ability to elect your ruling government is the founding principle of the democracy that we hold so dear.

Link:
Rigged USA Election testimony from computer programmer

Pass this message on if it is something you believe in. Its very important for the future of your country, and your way of life.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I don't ever think my vote counts, but I enjoy voting so I can tell all the people I know who voted for Obama that they are idiots and they killed our country. I know if nobody voted in America there would still be billions of votes somehow for the new president, so it really doesn't matter. It is all pre-determined in my mind.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It never did count, doesn't anywhere in the world either.
Same as the promises made by political parties.
It's just to give you a sense of control and make you believe you have a say.
I call it Time magazine voting, doesn't matter who wins, the person in 10th was destined to win.
edit on 6-5-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I do it, but I don't believe it counts.
I got an interesting email the other day that said It was already decided that Obama would serve another 4 years.
If my vote counted, how could anyone be sure of that?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
People dont vote for the reasons we assume they would vote for like involvement in the system or to elect a representative they feel best represents their interests or the interests of the nation.

They mostly vote or otherwise "involve" themselves just for the sport of it. To have a team and an enemy. Elections, especially national, are barely more than a sporting contest.

So it doesnt really matter whether or not the vote counts. There is a certain amount of results fixing going on just as there is in all sports and the participants expect it.

Wont be long before the presidential race has no name or candidate. It'll just be an amphitheater filled with idiots waving red or blue foam fingers waiting for a chance to riot soccer style.
edit on 6-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
It never did count, doesn't anywhere in the world either.
Same as the promises made by political parties.
It's just to give you a sense of control and make you believe you have a say.
I call it Time magazine voting, doesn't matter who wins, the person in 10th was destined to win.
edit on 6-5-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with you 100%. Years ago I thought voting was a duty of all eligible citizens. "You can't complain if you don't vote"...yada yada yada.

It means absolutely Nothing to me anymore. You're right, it's an illusion to make us feel as though our voices are being heard. It's as big of an illusion as thinking that the people placed in office actually have our best interest at heart. It's laughable and just plain sad.

new topics

top topics

join