It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 'American Gods' a precursor to the end of civilisation or just a silly book by a comic book wri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just asking, you know, to anyone that's read it.

Seems that's all it takes to make a thread up these days....

Just some throwaway statement to prove you have no friends but still wanna talk...

So Neil Gaiman, Sandman, Doctor Who, Whatever happened to the caped crusader? etc.

End of the world due to belief or beginning of the world due to the end of belief?

Also; whatever happens to solipsists in American Gothic, I tried asking Neil during his Sfx 10th anniversary on Twitter but got nothing (as you always do with these crappy platforms) - any thoughts?

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

It's a great book, the story is very interesting. Gaiman is one of my favorite writers.
However it's just a book.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thanks for asking, Mr Moriarty. In my opinion it is a silly book to go along with the rest of his silly books. I believe that Neil Gaiman is one of the most over rated hacks in the fiction business.

Is Stephen King's The Stand (also highly over rated, in my opinion) a template for the end of civilization?

I love Sci Fi and Fantasy. What else do you read?
edit on 6-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No, it's a very nice book that explores some concepts of how we relate to the mythological in a great fictional context. Though it does highlight one of the greatest points...the origin of deities.

top topics

join