It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Three giant spaceships are heading toward Earth" Why SETI was shut down??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Three giant alien spaceships are heading for Earth! Scientists predict they will arrive in the fall of 2011. UFO encounters continue to increase – as documented on WWN. And today scientists at SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, made a major announcement: “Three giant spaceships are heading toward Earth. The largest one of them is 200 miles wide. Two others are slightly smaller. At present, the objects are just moving past Jupiter. Judging by their speed, they should be on Earth by the fall of 2011,” said John Malley, the lead extraterrestrial expert at SETI.

weeklyworldnews.com... to-attack-earth-in-2011/

Im not saying its real but the timing of there supposed arrival is very close to comet elenin.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

What? o.O

These SETI guys credible sources???

link   

in addition....

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory, said that US astronauts had found and photographed ancient ruins of artificial origin on the Moon. US astronauts had seen large unknown mechanisms on the Moon.

link   

Is this the SAME nonsense started by that "Von Helton" nut, on YouTube?? last year??

Wait.....let me use the ATS "SEARCH" feature, and see what I can turn up........

Oh, yeah....found MANY. (Here is what you do....goto "SEARCH"...type 'giant spaceships'. OK???

And, this one, from two months back (MANY people keep posting this rubbish).....assigned to the HOAX! bin, where it belongs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

link   
I mean come on, the source is the Weekly World News.

You know 'Bat Boy'? 'President (insert whichever president was in office at the time of the article) meets aliens"? They are not exactly a reputable news source.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I wonder if batboy is involved...

He's always up to these pesky anti humanz antics...

You could have picked a worse source... never mind no you couldn't...
edit on 6-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Your source is weekly world news, the home of bat boy,
please tell me you dont think this is true.

My four year old is a better source than that paper. And according to her she has some breaking news......the moon is infact made of cheese.
edit on 6-5-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They have interstellar travel (assuming) but it takes them four - six months to get from Jupiter to Earth?

A 200 mile wide spaceship as close as Jupiter would be visible to amateur astronomers.

This statement (if real) makes absolutely no sense at all.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Link didnt work for me. Part of your link says attack earth though, Come on now, i dont think any civilization able to reach us didnt reach their technological accomplishments with war. Take a look around, were all grounded.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001

in addition....

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory, said that US astronauts had found and photographed ancient ruins of artificial origin on the Moon. US astronauts had seen large unknown mechanisms on the Moon.

Just in time for a major blockbuster movie this summer about astronauts finding a spaceship on the moon during the moon landing.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

They already landed… we having beer & pancakes… lol

I am a believer, but I highly doubt this story is true… I guess let the research begin

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Weekly World News is a tabloid news article base.

They'll create any headline to get the people's attention.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I prefer The Onion as a more credible source of satire news...I stopped using WWN as my source for news when Batboy married lobster girl...

Frankly, its just unnatural!!! Bats and Lobsters shouldn't marry! If they have babies, they will have flying human bats with claws...and thats just too damn dangerous

btw, can this please...please...for the love of god either be tossed in humor or hoax? Imagine someone new to ATS looking for a serious unveiling of whatever coming across a WWN thread heading up the aliens and ufo forum

link   
This thread should've been closed as soon as the Weekly World News was mentioned!

I wish there were spaceships headin this way, maybe they could sort out this sorry state of a planet for us

Peace out

link   
reply to post by TheMessenger1

The tabloids in men in black were always true

Just saying

link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
I am a believer, but I highly doubt this story is true… I guess let the research begin

It began, WWN popped up as the source, research concluded

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Really?? Is there really someone out there who believes weekly world news is a reliable source?!...

Oh well...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Is this the SAME nonsense started by that "Von Helton" nut, on YouTube?? last year??

Wait.....let me use the ATS "SEARCH" feature, and see what I can turn up........

Oh, yeah....found MANY. (Here is what you do....goto "SEARCH"...type 'giant spaceships'. OK???

And, this one, from two months back (MANY people keep posting this rubbish).....assigned to the HOAX! bin, where it belongs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Please contribute to the existing thread...
Closed.

top topics

join