It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck "I hate 911 victim families" "Katrina victims are scum"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

www.liveleak.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2011 by higherthanthou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
maybe you can add a brief description or you're own thoughts.

Crappy topic without anything, can't watch the vid here so

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

It's actually just audio, and he says he hates about 10 families of the 9/11 victims for dramatizing and complaining all the time after receiving all kinds of help and tons of support. He also talks about Katrina victims who choose to remain in NewOrleans and constantly complain about how bad they have it while all of the other victims throughout the entire area are picking up and moving on.

The OP is taking what he said out of context. The title is only half right. Op is just looking for a sensationalist title.

ETA: I'm not trying to defend GB. I think he has worn out his time and sensationalized too many things, but the Op's title is no different than what GB does so equally as bad,

edit on 5/6/2011 by SpaDe_ because: add info

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This isn't facebook we actually encourage individual thought around here and some of your own opinions to start the discussion would be appreciated. I watched the clip and don't know what response your exactly looking for here, he's right in the general context of what he is saying, that in a group of people there is always a select few who try to ruin things for the collective. I would like to hear the whole clip from that show if possible not just a short sound bite so I know what led up to the comments being portrayed? As I am sure there was more to the story.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If you would just ignore these "celebrity" trolls they would disappear forever. Every Beck, Limbaugh, etc is just some human being who figured out how to say things that people get riled up about, and make bank doing it. What comes out of their mouth isn't any more important or worth listening to then anybody on the street. If you tune in to these people and pay attention to them and post things they say, you're feeding their riches. They make money by getting attention. The only time I hear anything about these people is when people post on forums about whatever outlandish thing they most recently said. If everyone paid the same amount of attention to them as I do then these people would be out looking for a low skill job.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by higherthanthou

You registered today just to post that"??

I think your screen name speaks volumes......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
they can't post a thread until they get 20 posts?

is that right?

mods will be closing this soon.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: Because I have better things to do than to argue with an uninformed moron that takes things people say out of context

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by higherthanthou

www.liveleak.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

Gee. It's not like the OP has an agenda or anything like that.
-snort-
If you're going to take things out of context, then media mutters is a better site for posting biased tripe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I was thinking the same thing-how were they even able to create the thread?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
That is quite distasteful of Glen Beck... and I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate any of them, but personally I don't think the victim's families deserve anything.

When my grandfather died did I get a bunch of money and people interviewing me? No. When my brother died did I get money and TV interviews? No. People die every minute of every day and most of the time their friends and family don't get anything for it.

I think it teaches a very bad lesson that somehow the victims of 911 are more important than fathers, brothers, sisters, mothers, and friends of people that die every day.

Anyone disagree, and have any real reason why someone who had a family member die in 911 is more entitled to money, from the government no less? I just don't get it. So they were killed, and? That still doesn't make them special. People are killed everyday and their families get nothing.

I just don't see the point of turning the victims families into mini celebrities and giving them handouts. I also can't stand the fact that people make it seem like victim's families are somehow more entitled to an opinion on the whole 9/11 thing. I was debating the 9/11 thing on a different forum I belong to, and someone came in raising hell saying "I had a best friend die in one of the towers, and I can't believe you guys are questioning whether or not it was terrorists"

As if somehow your opinion is worth more because you had a friend of family member die in 9/11?

Not saying I agree with Glen Beck here at all.... I think the guy is a ridiculous idiot. But figured since it's on topic I'd share my point of view and see if anyone who disagrees could give me a reason for thinking otherwise.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Why add something when you said it all!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
mods will be closing this soon.

I don't think those mods are still here

I'm sure if I knew some of the 9/11 families or the Katrina folk as neighbours I'd hate them too.

But I never did - perhaps the context is all wrong here.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, while is not very nice to talk about the Katrina victims like "some" do, I can tell you that I wish the ones that were brought to my state will go back to New Orleans, but they would not.

See my state is a welfare state in GA, our particular city have almost 100% unemployment so those of us that still hold a good pay job is tax to the max to pay for services on those that don't work, we used to have a large military base now a depot where my husband a retire Marine works, the base housing that used to be outside the base was given to the city so they could used the nice houses for the poor and welfare families, something that I approved at that time, as it was a lot of people living in despicable conditions after been destitute from the local 1994 floods.

Guess what, this happen during Katrina, the city used the house for "temporary housing of the Katrina victims the state took but they never left, the housing area now is one of the worst areas in the city and better have a bullet prof vet because is always somebody getting shot in there.

Sad that people are given opportunities and they do not know how to better themselves.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm a Katrina survivor and I'm pretty much appalled by the senitments expressed by many here and by Glenn Beck. I do not represent everyone that was involved in Katrina, nor do they represent me. So please, stop with the generalizations, it's insulting to thousands. That said:

The majority of families that lost everything did not have insurance. Most of us became destitute, starting over with nothing. It's damn near impossible to start over with nothing. And It sickens me that people will stick their noses up at those of us that came from this situation, and try as hard as we have, we are still struggling to make it. I want to hate them and wish the same on them and more, yet I don't want anyone to have to go through this situation, especially children and the elderly, it's ten times more difficult for them. Thank God I found people that had compassion and helped my kids and I get back on our feet. We are doing better and are happy, but it's been a long difficult road, and we are by far much more handicapped than we were before the storm. I just had to speak up on this issue since there is an unbalanced point of view being expressed. Unless you have traveled in someone else's shoes, you will never know the long difficult road someone else has traveled.

top topics

join