It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE9, what a shocking pile of dirt. I need help with it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
First I find there is no loading progress bar, I read up on it to find some people never found it accurate enough so they removed it, (or should I say didn't put it in because it's built from scratch) IT WAS ALWAYS ACCURATE AND HELPFUL FOR ME.

Now I can't have opened windows put onto my taskbar, it worked the other day but now they sit in little links behind the taskbar, what is the point, how can I easily switch between windows when I have to minimise one to open another. I need to know how to set this right.

Damn I would go back to IE7 if it would let me uninstall it, but it won't. It's like a virus.

Bad tabbing, bad menu bar and anytime I click a link it jumps up a bit, I hate it so much, it's the worst browser since IE8 (though that let me uninstall and use previous browser IE7 which was perfect for what I use it for).

Whoever came up with this crap should be fired.

But I really need to know how to put oopened links and windows on my taskbar please.

And to top it all off, it decided on it's own accord to organise my favorites into alphabetical order, not the most used order I had it in.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I need to know your Operating system what version of the windows GUI you are using for example if you are using Aero or luna and the configuration of their respective settings. On top of that I need a more clear description of the problem you are having because the way you are describing it is leaving a little something to be desired.

I recently upgraded to IE9 and have no trouble with it.

Are you talking about keeping bookmarked pages on your taskbar?

I will be glad to help just let me know
Ill be up for a few more hours

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

One word: Mozilla Firefox.

Ok, two words.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by reedbananaboat

Yeah I have no idea what aero or luna is, sorry.

But the problem I want sorted is :if you minimise a window it would alway go onto the taskbar so I can look at my task bar and effortlessly click between multiple windows, now they sit in little tabs behind my taskbar and any other window that is open.

How do I get the windows to minimise onto the taskbar?
I just minimised this one and it completely disappeared, then I had to click switch between windows and find it there.

Like on this site, there should be a pic with Mozilla Firefox link on the taskbar:
en.newinstance.it...

That is what it is not letting me do with any windows, they all sit behind it or just dissapear.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I just realised it may not be IE9 causing the problem as it happens with firefox too.

Statement still stands though, I do not like the look or layout of it.

But I need to find a way to minimise windows onto my start/taskbar.

A drunken brother may have something to do with it but he don't know anything about PC's and doesn't know when to leave well alone.(but it's still the browser's fault because he would not have messed with it had it not been so wrong and un-user friendly).

Please help me sort this problem out, i'll try and get a screen shot to show exactly whats happening.

Here you should see the little tab in lower left corner.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c235ef2534dc.jpg[/atsimg]

It should be were this red box is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/823a283a520f.jpg[/atsimg]

I auto hide my task bar so when it pops up it covers that little tab that shouldn't be there in the first place.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You do know that running all of those icons on your desktop hogs a great deal of usable memory, don't you? Also, every program one installs on a Windows computer attaches itself to the Start Menu, and come up when you boot. The only scrips you need are those necessary to run Windows. So edit your registry, or better yet, for the novice, download RegCleaner. It has an easy to use interface, and shows uninstall menus for all installed programs, plus a Start Menu edit, so you can trim it down. You do not need M$ Office, Outlook, or Java Update, and all of your games to come up when you boot. Run the program, look at "Files." Take out anything marked as N/A. Then go to Tools, Registry Cleaner, Do them all. Select all and remove. RegCleaner always makes a backup file, in case you delete something you shouldn't.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok so what you are saying is that the image above where the window appears to minimize to the bottom corner and not hide completely is causing a problem for you because your taskbar is set to autohide when you are not using it? so now it is there when you dont hover over your taskbar the window is minimized to a corner?

If so then I am looking into it if not then let me know.

ill let you know what I find out. tonight ill be up till about 10AM tomorrow morning.

hopefully we can work this out.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Actually this may be of some help.

support.microsoft.com...

this forum also speaks about this topic.
that is at least if i understand your problem correctly
www.annoyances.org...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
NVM - found an answer
edit on 7-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join