It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sister Needs Our Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am a long time member of ATS, yet not as long as some. I have posted here about various topics, yet nothing has hit closer than home than with this recent event. My sister just had a baby boy, and is experiencing things that defy anything that I have experienced, or heard of...except in movies.

I urged my sister to join ATS because I know what a valuable resource and family we all are here, and hope that someone can help her through this terrifying situation. Any advice for her would be greatly appreciated. In essence, im reserving this thread so she knows where to start. Im sure she will post an introduction as well in the appropriate forum.

I told her Id start this thread for her, since she cannot start one until 20 posts. Her name is colbinsghost, and thank you in advance for everyones help.

She will be posting shortly....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I truely hope we all can help.

Any hints?

Cuhail

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yea once we find out what is happening. Chances are somebody will have some suggestions. If I dare venture a guess a spirit visitation or the like?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

She is living with her childs fathers parents. She just moved in with them about 7 months ago. The family has never had anything happen before she moved in with child. Upon moving in, she has had a baby appear in her bed with her along with a woman by her bedside. Toys turning on in the home by themselves. Shadow people. And my nephew waking up in terror during the night. There are many more events that she would be better served telling as I live in Washington state, and she in Michigan. She has tried to research The properties past history, but has had no luck.

I know that Im not giving a lot of info...but told her Id break the ice by starting this thread so she can tell of her situation.

This is a bat signal of sorts for her....

Thank you all...
edit on 6-5-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Has she acquired any hand me downs? Sometimes objects can be the focal point. Any idea when she will fill us in?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I'm assuming this is her first child. Sure she's not suffering from PN depression ???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Has she acquired any hand me downs? Sometimes objects can be the focal point. Any idea when she will fill us in?

I dont know, but GREAT question.

I feel helpless in a way, even though Ive seen ghosts before....Ive never even come close to experiencing what she and her child and family are going through.

Thats why im reaching out to my ATS brotherhood.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by amongus

I'm assuming this is her first child. Sure she's not suffering from PN depression ???

YES...her first child, and my first true nephew.....as far as I know, no PN depression. She is an amazing, carefree person...smart, and had no previous experiences with paranormal events. Totally out of the blue, and started when she brought her child home from the hospital to his fathers home (w parents.).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The baby is "haunted". Not the place.

The baby has within it's spirit the ability, or some might say, the misfortune, to recognize those beyond the veil.

And those beyond the veil recongize this.

They will, some or them, prey upon this baby to try to gain strength.

There are others beyond the veil that will work hard to protect this sweet child.

You have recognized that the child is a "gateway". That's good.

Now it's up to the mother and the grandparents to not get scared and to pray, if that is the word you all can understand and accept, or in my way of thinking, make a concerted effort to create positive energy thoughts.

That child is a treasure.and must be protected.

Keep your wits about you.

Don't fall for the illusions. That's what these signs are. An illusion of power.

There are many remedies for such things, created and developed throughout the centuries, to deal with this sort of thing.

A woman might piss in a jar full of sharp things while she is on her period. And then bury that jar.

That's a ritual, meant to strengthen that woman's resolve to fend off the negativity.

It will work for those that believe.

It works because that woman will then begin to think in terms of defeating these negative forces.

I suggest the mother and inlaws find something in common, create a ritual, something, anything, that gives them solace. And builds a postitive energy.

That's all I got. I hope it was helpful.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm going to need specific events.

One thing to pay attention to: If your sister woke up with the ghost of a woman and a baby in her bed: bingo.

The phenomenon happened as the baby was brought home, as you said. The child is not evil, possessed, etc. the spirits of the house are reacting to his presence. It might NOT necessarily mean something bad. Often times when people think they have ghostly visitors, they think they are all bad and the house is "haunted" with negativity, and must be cleansed, etc. If the ghostly visitor means no harm to the child, no need to panic.

I really wish people weren't so easily scared, because sometimes it is a DIRE need from the other side to communicate with us, and hope people are more open to the message (no, not oiji boards!). You mentioned toys being moved and turning on, that's another clue. It's baby-focused, as opposed to car keys, or dishes. And you said the folks living there had no prior paranormal instances.

What you should check up on: Is this the house your sister's boyfriend grew up in, or ANY other small children that age that his parents are aware of? If so, then I suggest you see what information you can get about the previous owners, (things to look for, grieving mother previously lived there, etc). Don't always be scared because strange things happen, just keep your heart open.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

Thank you for the reply....

First of all, to answer a previous members question: i dont know when she will post. She works off hours, and is eastern time zone....so, she knows this thread is here for her and is greatful for me helping. She will post, just not sure when. I hate those sort of threads and please know as my track record proves that im not trolling for stars or flags. I just dont know where to turn.

So, YES, I thought the same thing; the haunting is a response to the child in the home. I have never met the father of the child, so am not sure if my sisters child is the first in the home.

What I do know:

My sister felt pressure on her legs/body one night. Woke up to nobody being there. A few dys later, felt the same pressure on her legs while in bed...awake, and looked to see an infant beteen her legs playing. She saw a reflection in a mirror type thing on the wall of a person, turned to look, and it was a woman in 1920s type clothe motioning to her. She didnt feel threatned, she felt like she was there to tell her something.

Since then, the childs fathers family has been seeing shadow people, toys randomly turning on and off on the floor, and the latest three days ago, a can of mtn dew being thrown across the room.

I know im missing other events, but they are now terrified.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

First, please pass along my best wishes to your sister and her new born child. The events you described share some similarities to my research and I may be able to provide some real help (and not suggest psychiatric treatment). Until your sister posts more details together with a time-line, specific recommendations are impossible; but I can pass alone some general thoughts.

I very much agree with the thoughts shared by UndesirableNo1; if no evil intent is perceived then do not assume one exists. Just because an event is very strange does not imply it is evil. Remember that the "Visitor" is most likely bewildered by our world to the same degree that we feel out-of-place in the world they maybe trying to share. For example, the thrown soda can could mean so many other things than an act of hostility. To the extent possible, I suggest the people living in this house exchange any fears they hold for curiosity and see what happens next.

If your sisters circumstances are similar to my research subjects, she should expect malfunctioning electronic equipment, drained batteries, unusual small creatures, mists, randomly opened or closed room or cabinet doors, and a variety of other strange effects. She may also find strange artifacts in photographic images captured in and around this home. To test this, I recommend that she use an inexpensive digital camera set to flash mode initially.

Curiosity has its limits and your sister should be ready to confidently tell the "Visitor" what behavior is not acceptable. And if her feelings of fear persist or events take on a progressively more threatening tone, then your sister and her child must find other living accommodations, at least temporarily.

I hope this provides some help to your sister. I am looking forward to reviewing a more complete inventory of events and to understanding your sisters emotions and thoughts when inside this house and when away.

Best regards,
Z

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

If you are in communication with your sister's boyfriend's parents, you can ask them if they know anything about the previous owners of the house, or even the history of the house itself. It's a place to start, but the clothing of the ghostly woman you suggested could be another place to look (The 1920s?). It is not entirely true that all ghosts have "unfinished business," (sometimes loved ones just want to stop by to say they're watching over) but it is true spirits can be at unrest. That's why we have the acronym R.I.P. "Rest in Peace." And so it takes great effort for them on the other side to communicate, but it is so different in that world it's not as easy as picking up a pen and writing a letter "I am a ghost, here are my wishes," it will often come in the form of focused energy, like things moving or turning on about the baby, like you said.

Here is some comfort for your sister and her new family: It is not a maleficent force come to haunt them. This spirit, though it's scary when things defy reality, is not intending any harm. If anything, she has taken a special focus on the baby. And if a ghost child was present, perhaps she has lost her own baby and is a grieving mother, but this is just speculation for now. How do you tell the difference between a spirit that is visiting and a spirit that means you harm? Many people can feel the negativity, it's talked about a lot in haunting stories/anecdotes, etc. Sometimes nightmares (for example) can be induced by a dark spirit, I've had many instances in my life of waking up from a nightmare in the dead of night and *feeling* the negative energy (until I turn on a light to calm myself and it disperses).

What the family can do: Rest them assured that they are not dealing with a demon or a dark spirit. And there is something they can do! It is actually quite simple. Tell them to light white candles (can be purchased anywhere, it's only the energy that matters) in their house (always when baby-safe). When lighting the candles, have them keep in mind it is acknowledging the visiting spirit. She may try to communicate (more so for her own unrest, nothing necessarily revealing about your world) and by lighting the candles she knows you are acknowledging her presence - which may be all she needed. Sometimes this is accompanied by a prayer, if the family feels like it, they can even ask the spirit to please watch over the child (giver her a sense of purpose to help her unrest) and gives the child a safe guardian from the other side.

I hope this is helpful, I highly recommended the family tries lighting the white candles (it is so simple! and so efficient) and keep their minds and hearts open. Please keep us updated.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You say "she felt pressure on her legs and body".

The logical and rational side in me says that she's experiencing sleep paralysis due to PND and/or PTSD. I am a man so I don't know if giving birth can be a "Traumatic" experience, but I would imagine so. Anyway...

The intrigued, curious and believer in me hypothesize that maybe the figure is a past tennant of the house who died with her child, and she never got a chance to share the experience with anyone (Especially form a mother to mother view). Whcih is why she has only been present now.

I don't buy what the guy (No offence guy) said about the baby being "haunted", simply because he stole it from a movie called Insidious (Which involved astral projection).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the help...my sister will be on around 10pm est...i have to guide her through the posting process....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Post-partum depression is very real and can last for years. My mom had it after my younger brother was born and became a totally different person. She would even hallucinate and had schizo episodes of rage and violence. Seen "The Shining"? Well my mom acted like the guy. If she hadn't gotten therapy years later and recover from it, some more archaic minds might even agree that she was possessed by an evil entity. Science won this time though. Try finding a health practitioner that will evaluate you. No shame in it and if left untreated it may get worse to the point of endangering your child. You are not yourself when afflicted with post-partum depression. Keep an open mind if not for yourself, then do it for your son. I have a son myself now and know how a parent can love a child. I seriously hope you will give this a good thought. Good luck and best wishes in all sincerity.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Interesting, I've always admired a child's ability to see ghosts and sense there presence, I remember when my little brother use to play hide and seek with his deceased grandmother, quite an interesting event, innocense can be a great influence for these special kind of skills.

With that, you say there is a ghost baby, perhaps he or she just wanted to play a game or something of the sort, hence the turning on of toys and whatnot, surely a ghost child would be as curious as a child who still lives, and waking a sleeping child I would expect he or she to burst into tears. Perhaps the mother entity now feels more comfortable to show herself because she is aware of another new mother in the house and wishes to share some insight on what it is like to be a new mother; with that knowledge she may feel more connected to your sister and her child.

As you said they do not seem to be violent contacts, I would stress her not to be frightened; If there is some kind of darkness to these entities they will do nothing more but feed on that fear and become confident to mess with the family. Knowing that this entity is a mother figure, I would feel at ease to expect this entity to be more of a protector than a threat.

This puts me on the subject of the past life of the baby boy. Perhaps these entities are apart of the child's past existance; the entities may be just trying to let to boy remember and to never forget, or perhaps they are just having a hard time of letting go. Over time they will eventually come to closure that their time has passed and they should carry on with the new "life."

However, if your sister feels uncomfortable still with these entities by all means, she should do what she sees fit, it is her experience and her life; we here can only give advice, I am not one to push someone for doing extreme rituals that may be more harmful than good, if conducted incorrectly. Those are simply dangerous waters for one who has never experimented with the acts.

I await your sister's account, perhaps then I could be of more assistance.

edit on 7-5-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To drive spirits from a house simply hang all mirrors in the house upside down and reverse all doors - meaning if a door is normally closed, leave it open and if it's normally open, close it. The upside down mirrors affects spirits in their plane of existance and that plus the reversed doors will confuse and frustrate the entity. You might have to keep this up for a few days until the entity gets frustrated enough and moves on. If the entity should return a door to it's normal position, simply hang an upside down mirror on the door. If the entity is very powerful it may attempt (or succeed) in shattering mirrors that are particularly annoying to it. Just replace it with a stronger mirror, upside down of course.
For stubborn spirits you can increase the mirror effect by hanging disco balls at each corner of the propery. It is important that, at any point on the outside of the house, at least one ball can be seen from any location. This will give the spirit no where to rest.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks kaiju.....sorry that she hasnt posted yet. She is very shy, and does not like attention.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There are many factors that could account for this.

One has already been mentioned, postpartum depression.

A woman's body goes through some incredible changes
to have a baby, the physical and mental stress can break
a person.

It could be a deficiency from carrying the child.

It could also be environmental factors such as chemical
exposure, new medication, allergic reaction, etc.

Try to rule out all of the reasonable explanations before
going into the paranormal/supernatural.

top topics

join