It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS going to stop all the reposts of material?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Trust me, I am someone who violates this from time to time also, so I am not throwing stones.

Does ATS have a better way to eliminate this problem, the last 4 threads I went to were reposts and I find this to be an ever increasing problem lately.
It must cost ATS mods valuable time, money and energy going through trying to sort all this out.
Is there a better search option in the works or another categorization method that could make this easier on ATS staff and members?

I am not the best when it comes to organizing 1,000 of virtual files, so I will not even make a suggestion.
But is there anybody, ATS included that has an answer?

Either way I think this site rules but I would only like to see it get better.
Thanx - AB

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It would perhaps help if people used the search function at all
And just yesterday I was thinking "Why are there 4 threads one the same subject?"
And that was just in the news feed

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
once the search feature becomes what they have said it will be then i think reposts will slow down...and i have found out like alot of others that its not the best system thats in place now...alot of it tho is that the people that arent on the site as much and dont comb over every thread dont realize that what they are posting has already been posted...its like like posters wanna be the first to post something but fail to realize that they are coming up the rear..
edit on 5-5-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What troubles me are when I post a photo/video of something. The photo/video itself could be described 50 different ways in the title making it hard to know when someone else started a thread about it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble, but there's already a thread on this...

abovetopsecret

That being over with, I think it all chalks up to the "rat race" mentality. Everyone rushes to get their info on ATS so fast that people often bypass the search option because they're afraid they might get scooped while they're looking. I'm afraid its unavoidable, unless they start docking points for redundant threads.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

It has been discussed before.

They used to remove duplicate threads but they allow.

If you look you will notice what seems like duplicate threads are in different forums.

new topics

top topics

join