It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Takes One to Know One!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

New research reveals conspiring conspiracy theorists

Conspiracy theories – such as those surrounding the death of Princess Diana – are more likely to be believed by people who are willing themselves to conspire, new research at the University of Kent has shown.

In a paper to be published in the British Journal of Social Psychology, Dr Karen Douglas and Dr Robbie Sutton, two researchers from the School of Psychology, found that – in keeping with the psychological process called projection – an individual’s perception that “I would do it” informs his or her perception that “they did it”…

The more that participants indicated a willingness to conspire, the more they found the same conspiracy theories to be plausible, interesting, and worth considering…Further, the researchers found that participants who were highly Machiavellian – defined as willing to exploit others for personal gain – were more likely to indicate willingness to conspire, and as a result, were more likely to believe in conspiracy theories…

‘We found that in their search for explanations under such uncertain and confusing conditions, people rely partly on projection – the assumption that others would behave much as they would.

In other words, none of you can be trusted.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

No text nothing to talk about.
I can do this all day long. No SNF
edit on 5-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank You I take this as a compliment!

But I like the psychosis theory better.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The entire profession of Psychology is a conspiracy. Slowly but surely every quality of a human being will be deemed a disorder. Here's an example.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well great, now we all have to put our heads together and devise an ingenious and diobolical plan to silence these "researchers" before they cause irreversible damage to our good standing in the community.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Over the years, I've enjoyed reading about research that delves into parts of psychological makeup.

I had to laugh at this one. Not that I disagree. I think there is a grain of truth in it. I laughed because a childhood taunt echoed in my head, "Takes one to know one!".

Good find, OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Get ready to be infiltrated....and probed!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Shhh I'm listening to reason. I had to you left me no choice but to counter act your opening thread title with a similar birage.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Ya?

new topics

top topics

join