It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Founder of SEAL team six speaks.... The plank owner himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Legendary founder speaks

well aint this surprisin... guess who the founder of seal team six was

Richard Marcinko

Richard "Dick" Marcinko (born November 21, 1940), is a former United States Navy SEAL and author. He was the first Commanding Officer of SEAL Team Six and Red Cell. After leaving the Navy he became an author, radio talk show host, military consultant, and motivational speaker.

A number of nicknames have been ascribed to Marcinko, including "Rogue Warrior", "Demo Dick", "Shark Man of the Delta" and "The Geek".

and

Seal team six

The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), commonly known as DEVGRU and informally by its former name SEAL Team Six (ST6),[1][2] is one of the United States' two secretive Tier One counter-terrorism and Special Mission Units (SMUs); the other such group is 1st SFOD-D (Delta Force).

The vast majority of information surrounding DEVGRU is highly classified and details of its activities are not commented on by either the White House or the Department of Defense[3]. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by the Naval Special Warfare Command, it is operationally commanded by the Joint Special Operations Command.

yes just read the history... this is the group that played terrorist on military bases and embassies... the elite

well it is looking a little more and more like they offed him... what is funny has anyone considered they may have done it with out orders...

UnODir' ed the whitehouse...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Also seal team six

Operation Neptune's Spear: Death of Osama bin Laden
Main article: Death of Osama bin Laden

On May 1-2, 2011, DEVGRU was involved in its most famous operation to date, the operation, codename Neptune's Spear,[26] that killed Osama bin Laden at his compound in the affluent suburb of Abbottabad, Pakistan.[27][28] In the 38-minute mission, there were no injuries or casualties to the team. The team practiced the mission "on both American coasts" as well as in a segregated section of Camp Alpha at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan in early April 2011, using a one-acre replica of bin Laden's compound. [29] Modified MH-60 helicopters from the U.S. Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment carried Navy SEALs and were supported by other personnel with tactical signals, intelligence collectors, and navigators using highly classified hyperspectral imagers from Ghazi Air Base in Pakistan. It has been speculated that these helicopters may have spoofed transponder codes and been painted to resemble Pakistan Air Force equipment by other JSOC units, the Technical Application Programs Office and the Aviation Technology Evaluation Group.[citation needed] The raid involved close collaboration with the CIA. A May 1 memo from CIA Director Leon Panetta thanked the National Security Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, whose mapping and pattern recognition software was likely used to determine that Bin Laden lived in the compound with "high probability". Members of these agencies were paired with JSOC units in forward-deployed fusion cells to "exploit and analyze" battlefield data instantly using biometrics, facial recognition, voice print databases, and predictive models of insurgent behavior based on surveillance and computer-based pattern analysis.[30] The raid force killed Bin Laden, his adult son, an unknown woman, and two couriers.[31]

On a side note has anyone else yet considered this may have been done against orders....

the seals may have... GO NAVY... it explains why now... What Orders.. you hear that chief...

no sir, equipment was in the helicopter

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I would love it if thats how it when't down the team just went rogue and took him down fair play if they did!, osama been laid-down

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
unbelievable people are still buying the official story of the raid?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I do not buy it..

In fact if it comes out official that is the first sign it is spinned...

It dawned on me as I read this... what if the seal team killed osama without authorization.....

It is the main error in TPTB plans... the human factor.... lol...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If the military just "goes rogue" then we are in deep trouble. Its only cool in a video game in mom's basement. That is an idea that is being pulled of the dark place where the sun don't shine.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
Legendary founder speaks

well aint this surprisin... guess who the founder of seal team six was

Richard Marcinko

Richard "Dick" Marcinko (born November 21, 1940), is a former United States Navy SEAL and author. He was the first Commanding Officer of SEAL Team Six and Red Cell. After leaving the Navy he became an author, radio talk show host, military consultant, and motivational speaker.

A number of nicknames have been ascribed to Marcinko, including "Rogue Warrior", "Demo Dick", "Shark Man of the Delta" and "The Geek".

and

Seal team six

The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), commonly known as DEVGRU and informally by its former name SEAL Team Six (ST6),[1][2] is one of the United States' two secretive Tier One counter-terrorism and Special Mission Units (SMUs); the other such group is 1st SFOD-D (Delta Force).

The vast majority of information surrounding DEVGRU is highly classified and details of its activities are not commented on by either the White House or the Department of Defense[3]. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by the Naval Special Warfare Command, it is operationally commanded by the Joint Special Operations Command.

yes just read the history... this is the group that played terrorist on military bases and embassies... the elite

well it is looking a little more and more like they offed him... what is funny has anyone considered they may have done it with out orders...

UnODir' ed the whitehouse...

If they had done it without orders you would never know about it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

For the fallen, for the brave if this is how it went down, I personally dont know...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Marcinko squeezed my 20 yr old wifes ass in Vegas when we met him a few years ago.

Dude is lucky I didn't mess him up.

edit on 5-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I do not buy it..

In fact if it comes out official that is the first sign it is spinned...

It dawned on me as I read this... what if the seal team killed osama without authorization.....

It is the main error in TPTB plans... the human factor.... lol...

Interesting theory, but SEAL's, especially those at DEVGRU follow orders to a tee and never make mistakes. I live and work right down the street from their base (Dam Neck Naval Anex). I spent 13 years in the Navy and have known some of the guys on that team. Believe me, when you get a couple shots of Jack in some of them they like to talk about some stuff. Nothing super top secret of course, but very interesting and exciting nonetheless.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

reply to post by ViperChili

I spent time attached to Comnavspecwargru2 in Little Creek Va. I was not a SEAL, but I worked with them on occasion. If you tried to take on Demo Dick, you would not be laughing about it. Even at his age now, he would still put a serious hurting on your a$$. Talk sh*t if you like, but if you knew him, you would know better.

On topic. These were some serious guys. I remember meeting Marcinko at a UDT/SEAL reunion back in the late 70's. I think his way of running red cell was the right way. Unannounced training exercises evaluate real world capabilities. Dick was just not one to "play the game". That was his downfall. I believe we got OBL a long tome ago, or at least had him somewhere.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Actually I do know him, which is why the
were included in my post.

Adjust your sarcasm detector.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

we also both know how that following orders thing work... if your are not old you cant do it

I guarantee you that the com equip was in the helicopter that crashed..

I was stationed in the area and visited several of the refreshment establishments myself... I knew who they where before they walked in....

thye go hunting for wild game ( femalus non-domesticus or femalus particus) at all the local refreshment establishments....

It is a crazy idea I know, but I also see it playing out like this...

How would you courtmartial them? What Admiral or Captain (any one)would want to put their name on the orders that they ordered the SEAL team NOT to kill Osama. I think that it would not result in a single conviction... (imagine anyone in their courtmartial jury finding them guilty...)

The man who is on paper as giving the orders not to career is over if they ever try and say it. In fact Id bet they would get arrested themselves.

I dont care if the subtext idea is false, it still fits in with the motif.... As many have said here, "They would believe the seals if they said yeah or neigh because they would not cover up for the government..."

What this part comes down to is interpretation of honor, courage, and commitment?

They obeyed their orders to protect this nation from enemies both foreign and domestic... so yeah they obeyed orders...

John Valby O bin laden you tube...

edit on 6-5-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
PS.. yes I am huge fan of his works

It tickled me pink after a conversation I had...

I wondered if Richard Marcinko was part of the raid that took him out.... I laughed when I heard this....

I have also wondered why he never got into politics... it would make life interesting...

I wonder how many would resign from office after dealing with him

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Obama meets raiders of Osama

While at Fort Campbell, the president, along with Vice President Joe Biden, privately met with members of Navy SEAL Team 6, the unit that conducted the raid.

Obama and Biden thanked the commandos and were briefed on the operation by the unit members who conducted it, according to a White House official.

Obama awarded Presidential Unit Citations to the units involved in the mission, the official said. The citation is the highest such honor that can be given to a military unit.

"They practiced tirelessly for this mission, and when I gave the order they were ready," the president told the troops. "They're America's quiet professionals."

It was a "job well done," he said.

it sounds interesting you may want to read the whole article

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

did anyone post a thread over the former head of Pakistan calling Obama a liar

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/05/05/exp.arena.osama.hamid.gul.cnn

the seal team would not have rigged it...

top topics

join