It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.unmanned.stealth, takes flight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... and now we see the real 21st century war planes, ok the start of them. now will you believe?

Craig Brown, Boeing's Phantom Ray program manager said in a statement: "Autonomous, fighter-sized unmanned aircraft are real, and the UAS (unmanned airborne system) bar has been raised. Now I'm eager to see how high that bar will go."
f22? next step up.
edit on 4-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Another step towards taking the man out of war. electronics warfare tech has definetly been taking some huge leaps.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Always been fascinated with drone tech. . .they always told me that tommorrow's wars would be fought with more computers than troops. I'm not a fan of war, but no matters the prameters of it's missions, at least there's no on board pilot to be lost.

Before long, with perfected voice recognistion technology, all anyone will have to do to program them is to just simply tell it where to go. Of course, i would need to see it's interpreted flight plan and tasks. Just to make sure, you know

As in "Hello bomb number nine."

edit on 4-5-2011 by Divine Strake because: The planes are just too damned high!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Video of the Phantom Ray flight.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Nice "Dark Star" reference.

Star

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I heard that it was sent on a mission, but now they cant find it..... lol ?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Awesome looking craft.
Now I'm just waiting for SkyNet to become self aware.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I wonder if they are working on a pod to put in the bombbay that would let the thing drop people off behind the lines and stuff like that? it's a spooky looking little critter that's for sure !

top topics

join