It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Long ago, The Mayans predicted the end of the world. The world laughed, scientists scoffed, and others waited, and prepared. For what, they did not know.

On December 12th, 2010, The Earth avoided collision with a large meteor, its tail scattered the atmosphere with dust , and fire. The Sun sent solar flares deep into space. Earthquakes went unchecked, shifting the Earth’s plates, and stirred up the planets inhabitants like angry ants on a demolished anthill. Life ended as we know it.

Few humans remained, those left changed, mutated, adapted, and evolved. Latent genes unlocked long sleeping characteristics, some became monsters, others became heroes. All fought to survive.

"Its been seven years since The Beginning," Cat said, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the plate of beans. Glaring at the open can on the counter, before shoving the plate away in a show of rebellion.

“Eat,” Rayne replied, flicking a long red tress over her shoulder. “We wont reach New Haven until sundown tomorrow.”

The two women glanced to the doorway of the darkened room beyond. The dilapidated house was quiet in the flickering light of a lone candle burning on the scarred table top

“Is she any better?’ Cat whispered , the concern in her caramel colored eyes barely seen in the candlelight.

Rayne shook her head, her auburn hair a halo seeming to catch fire in the soft radiance. Taking on a far away look, Rayne’s tilted green eyes took on the glow of unshed tears.

edit on 4/5/11 by masqua because: edit by request

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am apologizing for the wall of text that I have created. Could anyone please give me advice on keeping my tabs, and paragraphs separate, and in order. I'm sorry, but as you can tell, this is my first real thread, maybe my last.
edit on 4-5-2011 by bloodnoir because: puncuation

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You have a couple of hours to edit.

Just put your mouse on the breaks wanted and hit your spacebar twice.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you! I will give it a try!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodnoir

I could see that you tried to edit the text, but that it didn't change anything... so, what I did was copy/paste the text into Notepad, made what I considered were the desired indents and pasted it back in.

I'm at a loss on why this happened, but we can work it out.

Another thing I can do is dump this thread after you copy/paste the text into a new thread, getting rid of this unrelated 'back and forth' (but let's see if we can't get your problem solved first).

You have my U2U response.

top topics

join