It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rant/union?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I work at well known grocery store and pay union dues but unsure why?

At the store, as cashier, we are permitted a 5$ over/under shortage.. anything more or less is verbal, write up, suspension for 1 day, the suspended 3 days.. lastly is fired.

i was able to disprove 2 shortages but am about to be fired.. My question, if able to answer, what am i paying union dues for if they dont or wont do anything to protect me? In 11 months, ihave missed only 1 shift and called in once? Nor have ever had a complaint against me either as cashier or as operator of fast lanes. Cant halp but wonder what the heck am i paying for every paycheck?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by catiscurious

I had to do the same thing at UPS years ago.

Basically worthless waste of money. . . though others find it good to keep the company in check when they try to mess with salaries and benefits. I would have rathered they let us opt out if we wanted to.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Because Unions like any "insurance policy" are quick to take your money, but a bit lacking in the assistance during crisis process. They look after groups as a whole to protect salaries and benefits. They don't really give a damn about the one guy in trouble scenario. They like publicity.

Why is this in the "movies" department?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What i can't understand is this,..why did you post this in the movie section?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Have you contacted your union rep? I would think that's what your dues pay for.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

years ago,, i worked for the same union,, as you.. probably...

i was fired for a .25 discrepancy .. and the union Did nothing..... even 3 days after it was found out WHO took the Quarter out of the till..and the union still did nothing to get me my job back.... oh I got my job back,,,, but the management ,, Reclassified me... and gave me Garbage duty... i did nothing wrong,, union did nothing,, and i eventually quit...

i never worked a union job ever again......

I hate unions .... i would rather starve ---working for myself ....

top topics

join