It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Conjunctions Featuring the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter in May 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
[color=skyblue]
The upcoming celestial conjunctions will have any effects on Earth w/ politics/disasters/or Peace? I am 1 who likes to associate the celestial interactions or conjunctions with movements of energy or alignments of energy. So when I came upon these conjunctions I felt it would be interesting to see if any felt there would be any effects down here on EA. Of course these have happened before so its nothing new but due to all the energy being emitted here from SOL-Earth inhabitants-Earth I was wondering if any felt any effects could or would be felt if any at all.

So do you feel there will be any effects on these days in politics/Nature/Earth inhabitants positive or negative interactions.

What is a Conjunction?
A conjunction is an alignment of 2 or more celestial bodies (usually the moon and planets) in the sky, from our vantage point on Earth. The objects aren't necessarily physically close to each other in space, but from where we see them, when the bodies are grouped close together on the sky we call them in conjunction.

12th May: Mercury, Mars, Venus and Jupiter
Between May 2nd and May 12th, the four planets converge to their closest point during the conjunction, where on May 12th they'll be within 6 degrees of each other.

Jupiter, Venus and Mercury will also be within 2 degrees of each other, with Jupiter and Venus the closest together at just over half a degree.

The trio will make a fantastic low-power view with binoculars and a higher power view of Jupiter and Venus through your telescope.

See the Sky Chart below for the view on the 12th May. They simulate the view from approx 5:45am local time AEST in mid-southern (Sydney) latitudes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fbc7c778bb3.jpeg[/atsimg]

21st May: Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter
Skipping forward another 9 days, and Venus and Mercury are moving down towards the North-moving Mars while Jupiter rises earlier and continues its journey higher in the sky towards the North.

Jupiter will be at approx 18 degrees altitude, while Mercury, Venus and Mars form a triangle between 9 and 10 degrees altitude. The trio will be within 2 degrees of each other, though at magnitude 1.3, Mars will be dimmer than Mercury (-0.1) and Venus (-3.78).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e4d7e6e88cf.jpeg[/atsimg]

30th May: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddb407a036ed.jpeg[/atsimg]

31st May: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/060f14435310.jpeg[/atsimg]
link

www.iceinspace.com.au...

edit on 5/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well,supposedly 21st May is the judgment day according to some people...i tried really hard to check the data behind this "prediction".On the web i cant find any verses that idicate such scenario ahead,can someone enlighten me?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysStoned

I heard about May 11 2011 and May 21 2011 predictions and thought it was interesting these celestials align around these days. As many noted there are certain rituals that take place with celestial alignments. So we shall see my friend.
Thanks fro the input

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

nicely put together

I think the alignment has an effect weather people admit to it or not. our personal energy effect people around us on a daily basis this energy cannot be measured yet I can send this energy across a crowded room to a specific person measured ignored or not this energy is felt and does effect us as a people...

i believe all things possess this type of unmeasurable energy so the planets and universe aligning like this most undoubtedly will have an effect,

I would like to think that effect would be on a level of higher consciousness for our earthly brothers, a change in people as a whole changing for the better and leaving this current state of materialistic values most people have today...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for your effort in putting this together,i am really interested in celestial events but rarely have a chance at witnessing these events since climate in my region is very unstable.
And i hope there wont be a major catastrophe,even though in these times we can't say that we didn't had it coming

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thank you for the compliment. I see you are 1 who feels this energy can have weather effects on the planet also. I too feel they can effect too but not sure how. Maybe it can be something simple like extra windy days or more rain. I do also wonder if these can effect the Earth crust movements with quakes or tidal movements. I do enjoy watching the sky so it will be an interesting sight for Star gazers.

On its effects on earth inhabitants 1 can only hope the energy will be positive overall in its effects, I know its a long shot for now but PEACE would be a nice form of reaction but you know many here wanna keep up the drama so we shall see.

Thank you -W1LL for you input

Be well

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysStoned

You are very welcome. And guide your energy to remain on a positive level and you never know something cool may happen. As far as catastrophies if related to celestial events and alignments, hopefully this conjunction isnt strong enough to cause 1. Earth could use a lot of Positive energy sent this way thats for sure.

Be well

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
really? may 12? hmmmm. expect big things may 12. none will be able to deny any longer. though sadly the fools will.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
S&F - thanks for posting this - its good to see how the actual alignment is predicted to be like. I have a question though - I saw this article posted today on the DrudgeReport but it was originally released by Space.com on April 28th and referring to an alignment for that week (the week of the BC, Royal Wedding, and Osama). Is this the same alignment or a different one?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
really? may 12? hmmmm. expect big things may 12. none will be able to deny any longer. though sadly the fools will.

Thats some interesting posting there my friend any clues
. Guess we shall see what the day brings.

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
S&F - thanks for posting this - its good to see how the actual alignment is predicted to be like. I have a question though - I saw this article posted today on the DrudgeReport but it was originally released by Space.com on April 28th and referring to an alignment for that week (the week of the BC, Royal Wedding, and Osama). Is this the same alignment or a different one?

You are welcome and I think you are spot on my friend. Good observation

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow, so I did some digging and I'd never seen this before but in August of 2001 there was an alignment.

(CNN) -- Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn will soon line up for a cosmic dance that should delight observers all over the world who look up into the skies before dawn. - July, 2001

In 1991 there was also an alignment of the Sun, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter. Now we'll have Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Uranus, and Neptune + the Sun and Moon? source.

I'd love to see a more in depth interpretation of all of that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good thread, well done. I'll keep these dates in mind and keep my eyes to the sky.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Now it shows the planets aligned in the sky.....are these aligned in space as well, or is it the view from earth which shows them aligned. There was a tracker online where you could input a date and see the position of the planets in their orbits. Ive searched but only found more complicated ones and not the user friendly one. If anyone finds it or figures out the more complicated simulators Id like to see the positions in their individual orbits as well.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

I think those options are available on the world wide telescope,but don't take my word for it...
Anyhow its a very useful and interesting software so you should check it out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just a reminder of upcomming celestial interactions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
-

edit on 5/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

One more day..You want to find another random day to pick? Or are you sticking with your gut?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

W/ hope that nothing goes wrong.
Be well

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist

One more day..You want to find another random day to pick? Or are you sticking with your gut?

Yep thats a fail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join