It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. provoking China and Russia in Mediterranean'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

'U.S. provoking China and Russia in Mediterranean'

www.tehrantimes.com

“Once Russia and China come to the conclusion that the Americans simply cannot be dealt with in any rational way and are determined to somehow subdue them and do them damage, all kinds of escalations can result. This is the real danger and we're risking a major war,” Roberts cautioned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm not normally a poster, but I felt that this article was much too relevant as well as accurate not to be shared.

I also believe that it is Libya that the Osama media fervor is distracting us from as the article does a good job of illustrating.

I'm aware of the source being Tehran Times. While I do not know how reliable that source is, I myself would be inclined to believe it over American media.

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I believe there is already a thread on this. Lemme find a link.

[[Edit Update]]
Is this what the US Government is trying to divert our attention from...?
edit on 4-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JollyLlama

this is very interesting.
regardless of the source seems the text is higly credible - this is an interview with Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, who served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration, is Associate Editor Wall Street Journal, Professor of Political Economy Center for Strategic and International Studies Georgetown University Washington DC.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I suppose I'm getting old and slow...

Thanks, Mactire

...for the link, not the above realization. :-)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is a great thread and puts light on many things,are we in for another war?And if we are,is this planet doomed?
These are some questions that have to be answered,it really seems now the end of times is coming...

And American people have to get back to reality,while they are celebrating their nation is going into war.This strategy video game that the "elite" is playing is becoming much more transparent,but i am afraid as people start to realise that SHTF it will be too late...As a matter of fact i think it already is.

And concerning the Osama killing i think that man has made some good points and even though he acted in violence,i think he had every right...you must fight violence with violence,the U.S. government is the real enemy and terrorist.Do some research on the U.S. war in the middle east,everything is very clear.
I hope we all have time to be with our love ones for little longer,and i hope we all find peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Actually, as I commented in the toher thread, this is nothing new. The Soviets used Tartus as a naval dacility during the cold war. Upgrading the port, if that is occuring is also nothing new.

The Russian Defense Ministry is denying the report, but we know how politics work when it comes to bases in other countries.

Rusia building naval base in Syria

The Russian Defense Ministry categorically denied the report, Russian state news agency RIA Novosti reported.

"This is an absolutely false report that has no foundation whatsoever," Defense Ministry spokesperson Vyacheslav Sedov told Novosti.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JollyLlama

No worries. Its hard to do a search for threads when the titles are getting more and more abstract.

new topics

top topics

join