It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious super secret helo used in the Osama raid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Can anybody here identify this helo? Is it an MH60 modified by Night Stalkers for stealthy missions?

defensetech.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5238691cd68d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3-5-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'll tell you this, the White House said we were using jets, and that luckily none of our jets were engaged by Pakistani fighters. Perhaps a jet chopper.

Great find.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We have a UFO.

Could explain how they could have flown in without being heard?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whatever it is ..

.. it either crash-landed or did never fly.

Just look at the tail rotor blade which is stuck in the dirt.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like it would be a modified version specific to a special-operations command that handles such things.

When I was in A-school, they were recruiting for a subset of the S.E.A.L. program that worked on using COTS technology to develop one-of-a-kind solutions - taking Predator drones and modifying the living hell out of them to get them to do what we needed them to - stuff like that.

It would stand to reason that it would not be at all limited to the Navy.

I recall my father talking about the AC-130 and how it's changed. When he was in Vietnam - it was literally a C-130 that had just be cut and welded in the field - now they are actually built from the ground-up to do what they do.

In a similar sense - we could be seeing a specialized design/modification in very limited deployment. It is possible that we will see data and experience from this project carried over into future versions of the Black Hawk and other helicopters.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I bet the pakistan military will have this in a secret location to see what they will salvage and learn

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hmm, I am having difficulty reconciling this image with what seemed to clearly be the tail boom of a blackhawk being trucked off in other footage.

This will be fun to look at.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's a hvy stealth mod of the H 60 Blackhawk:

Follow the link to the Aviation Week article below the second pic from the top.

www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Thanks for the link.

So its a stealth hawk. Using technology from the Comanche that was canceled.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89fc42b78ff8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

some folks are saying that it looked like this.

Link

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Great pic. It doesn't surprise me that they design a Comanche style transport helo. Heres a pic of the tail showing the angular shapes to bounce radars that are similar to the Comanche. Also the Pakistanis could not detect the helos with the radars so it definitely worked as it should.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25e9d7047aba.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 4-5-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
this recent pic looks like a different helo, And i havent found a helo drone like that on the internet

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Great pic. It doesn't surprise me that they design a Comanche style transport helo. Heres a pic of the tail showing the angular shapes to bounce radars that are similar to the Comanche. Also the Pakistanis could not detect the helos with the radars so it definitely worked as it should.

WOW I have never seen a Helicopter like this before, it doesnt look big enough to carry much, but looks very stealthy, this is very much new tech.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Could it be some kind of...copter drone? Pardon, I'm not up to date on the latest tech, it just doesn't look big enough for a pilot, does it? Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Could it be some kind of...copter drone? Pardon, I'm not up to date on the latest tech, it just doesn't look big enough for a pilot, does it? Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

Big enough? Hell thats just the tail end. Look at comparisons of other known helicopters. This was a transport chopper to say the least. Stealth Blackhawk seems logical. That would explain why they blew it up instead of leaving it for the Pakis to find. If it was a regular aircraft they would have just left it unless it had advanced communications gear.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

From the other picture I see the Pakis don't even know what they have in they're possession as they have broke it a lot more and not secured the area. Fools or planted fake?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000

Originally posted by deltaboy

WOW I have never seen a Helicopter like this before, it doesnt look big enough to carry much, but looks very stealthy, this is very much new tech.

thats not the entire helicopter its only the tail broken off.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

There isn't much they could salvage. It seems that only tail rotor survived when US forces destroyed this chopper.

Bet chinese experts are looking it at this very moment.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Alvar because: Spelling

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alvar
reply to post by Sky watcher

There isn't much they could salvage. It seems that only tail rotor survived when US forces destroyed this chopper.

Bet chinese experts are looking it at this very moment.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Alvar because: Spelling

The materials used alone is worth a tiny scrap at a high price.

You can be sure somebody is going to make money selling the scrap.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000

Even though I knew it was just the tail section, after reading your post I noticed that if I look at it sideways it does look like some kind of small drone chopper or single seater equipped with wings pointing straight down

See

edit on 4-5-2011 by warpboost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join