It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado strikes Auckland, leaves trail of destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Tornado strikes Auckland, leaves trail of destruction

www.stuff.co.nz

BREAKING NEWS: A tornado has cut a path of devastation through Auckland this afternoon, causing injuries and damage.

One witness reported that a person had been killed but that was not confirmed by emergency services.

North Shore police confirmed there were "numerous injuries" caused by the tornado.

A North Shore police spokesman said emergency services were busy fielding calls from the public with reports of damage to homes and cars.

The spokesman said it was too early to say how many people had been hurt, but there were calls reporting ''numerous'' injured people.

T
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Tornados In Auckland??? WTF is happening to the world!!!

Tornadoes are obviously the flavour of the month for HAARP if this is what is being done here,

This is crazy, I was reading the news paper and it said, bad weather for auckland this afternoon, just a BAD RAIN BELT to clear by 3pm, now this?

Im not sayn HAARP caused it, or that it compares to the recent U.S tornadoes, but this is really strange for our we country!!

EDIT JUST FOUND VID:

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Hold on tight, looks like the weather is going to pound us everywhere!

Found video for you...be safe mate!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I live in Australia and I can assure you we have never had tornados in Australia or New Zealand - it is interesting to consider that there is reason to believe there is a HAARP - like system operating at Pine Gap in Australia.

There is no way we can consider this as a "random weather event"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is absolutely mind blowing. Something is seriously going on with mother nature. I dont know if I buy into HAARP being involved in this, but earth has had enough of us I think.

Cleansing time.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You know, this is just flat out bizarre. We've NEVER had a tornado in NZ, or anything near destructive capacity in Australia (unless my general knowledge is failing me).

Consider, Worst earthquake on record for NZ, worst floods and biggest hurricane in recorded history in Australia, Tsunami in Japan...

Time to move out of the Pacific methinks...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
I live in Australia and I can assure you we have never had tornados in Australia or New Zealand - it is interesting to consider that there is reason to believe there is a HAARP - like system operating at Pine Gap in Australia.

There is no way we can consider this as a "random weather event"

However, the guy on 3 News said that there had been an identical event in the same place 20 years ago!
I think we might have been in Wellington then, so I don't remember, but if that's true, then this is not unprecedented!
3 News also says there are two dead and 20 injured

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

I live in Australia and I can assure you we have never had tornados in Australia or New Zealand - it is interesting to consider that there is reason to believe there is a HAARP - like system operating at Pine Gap in Australia. There is no way we can consider this as a "random weather event"

So do I mate and I think the word Tornado is true, but this isn't like anything the US gets,mini tornado, cock eyed bob more likely, and we do get them. I live in Perth and just about every winter we get something that resembles this, especially south a bit in a place called bunbury which seems to cop it more then most areas.

Secondly, please give us some links that HAARP is at pine gap, would love to read what you have found,, says with sarcasm, still want the links thou if you can find them, which I doubt

Wal

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately this is actually a fairly common occurrance in New Zealand, the difference here is that it hit a highly populated area.

If you do a quick google on Tornado Auckland you will find plenty of information regarding previous Tornados.

But yes, scary as hell.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

scary stuff alright. A couple of years ago there was heaps in taranaki and a couple elsewhere before that id never heard of nz having tornados. Would love to know whats going on there. Mass ufo reports in the naki a couple of weeks ago, rare whale deaths as well as the mass fish deaths, earthquakes, Very sad. Kia kaha auckland

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

While this is at the lower end of the scale compared to the type of tornadoes that have been ripping through the United States in recent weeks, it is still the largest tornado to hit New Zealand in several years.

"If the winds were strong enough to lift cars, they would probably be more than 200kmh and we just don't get events like this in New Zealand very often. Usually they are EF0 or 'mini-tornadoes'.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Original thread posted Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join