It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear "Hellstorm" if Osama Bin Laden is Caught or Killed: Al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Nuclear hellstorm if Osama bin Laden is caught or killed: Al-Qaeda

www.dnaindia.com

Published: Monday, Apr 25, 2011, 13:57 IST
Place: Washington, DC | Agency: PTI

Al-Qaeda terrorists have threatened to unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" on the West if their leader and world's most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden is nabbed.

A senior al-Qaeda commander has claimed that the terror group has stashed away a nuclear bomb in Europe which will be detonated if bin Laden is ever caught or assassinated, according to new top secret files made public by internet whistleblower WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-5-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not necessarily confident in the credibility of this source, however this article raises some very serious issues should it turn out legitimate.

That being said, One really has to question the timing of this announcement. Was the Al Qaeda privy to the release of this information prior to the death of Osama? With rumors of Bin Laden's true death date, dating back almost a decade, this certainly adds fuel to that fire.

The next obvious concern is, are we now at a higher risk of of nuclear war? (aka WWIII)

I would love enlightenment on this subject as I will openly admit that politics are not my strong suit. Please feel free to add to the conversation.

www.dnaindia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This has been posted already.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Gotta wonder why, if you're Al Qaeda and you have a nuclear weapon, you wouldn't just detonate it BEFORE Osama is killed/captured. They want to kill the infidels, why wait?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
This has been posted already.

Sorry...my search returned nothing

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well then it looks like push has come to shove. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Gotta wonder why, if you're Al Qaeda and you have a nuclear weapon, you wouldn't just detonate it BEFORE Osama is killed/captured. They want to kill the infidels, why wait?

While I agree with you there, we do have to remember that even terrorists think and behave strategically. They would likely prefer a mandate to use a nuclear weapon. Now they have a mandate and are gaining some support from other Islamic extremists, there could be some potential possibility for this kind of action to occur, if not, at least another terrorist attack. The thing is, I personally doubt these groups have access to any nuclear weapons, at least a WMD. Though having said that, thee groups may have been provided with such weapons from Iran or Syria, who would be more than happy to have their proxies use such weapons rather than themselves.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
[color=deepskyblue] This headline crossed my mind last night when I heard the news.

Hopefully they choose not to make good on that threat.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Nobody really wants to set the world on fire I guess..

Maybe they set the clock on the thing to 2012

Eliad.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Five persons have been arrested in suspicion to terrorism at the nuclear facility at Sellafield in England. Is there any connection to the OP about a nuclear threat to Europe if Bin Laden was taken out?

www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

One could say it is a very expensive insurance policy.

top topics

join