It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against WIU Students

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can't make a new thread because I don't have 20 posts but I got an email yesterday...

Please move this thread if need be, and didn't see it anywhere.. started right after Osama announcement

BREAKING ALERT: Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against
WIU Students

Annual year-end block party at Western Illinois University ends
with riot police.

>> Primary Link: www.youtube.com...
>> Secondary Link: realityreport.blip.tv...
>> Members link: rtr.org...

Students attending the Wheeler Block Party were met by a
Multi-Jurisdictional Task Force who used tear gas, LRAD sound
weapons and crowd suppression tactics to force students into their
homes. Gary Franchi is joined by eyewitness and victim of the raid,
Julio Rausseo to review video footage and recount the abuses
against the students. Establishment media and law enforcement have
begun to spin the story ignoring the rights abuses.

Watch and share NOW:
>> Primary Link: www.youtube.com...
>> Secondary Link: realityreport.blip.tv...
>> Members link: rtr.org...

Help get this story out. Please spread the word.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
good post, will read over and give a stronger comment.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Freedom to wreck a good party
no wonder the world hates you for your freedoms

link   
reply to post by Virole

Thanks for sharing, this was no doubt excessive force.

The idea of sound weapons is slightly frightening.

link   
WOw, that's pretty big. Thanks for posting and hope to keep updated on it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
At about 7:50 you get the knowledge of the riot cops and gas all being preplanned and the cops allowing things to happen to make pretext

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow, I went to WIU in Macomb,Il and lived on Wheeler street for a year. We had a kegger every week with a jello wrestling pit in the backyard.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There's always 2 sides to every story... the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

WIU Letter to Students

Letter from Alumn that happens to live in the town

Boo Hoo , Tear Gas and Sonic Weapons.... cry me a river, back in the day when you didn't listen to police you got a SAP or billy club... These brats got what they deserved... I'm sure If I lived in that town and had to deal with this from the students, myself and my neighbors would be in city hall meetings wondering why our police force would allow these kids to break crap, set fires and vandalize... That place looked like a war zone... after those drunken monkeys stumble back to campus and their dorms and houses, who is left to take care of the aftermath.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
hey remember when myth busters proved
the sound cannons don't work?

well who raised those students to behave like that?
who is paying for their party?

the students/school probably support half the damn town...
certianly their loans are gravy for the bankers that own the cops

if they couldn't reason this out ahead of time then obviously those who claim to be adults are not
responsible or adult

edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Eyes-There are no "townies" living in this area. A "townie" is a local permanent resident. It's several blocks away from the non-student area of the town and doesn't bother locals. It's only WIU students and the block party area is only one block long. I lived there for 6-7 years while in college and know the area very well.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh, and the students on that block go out and clean up the area the next day after it's over.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Very good video. From the outside looking in it appears to have been a training exercise. There was prior knowledge what to expect. Which would give a good excuse to bring out the equipment and do a test run. People have been posting all day how this thing about Bin Laden didn't feel right. There has been something building all week. Now this. Question are events been geared up in order to set up a police state. Or is the police state being geared up to prepare for some believed future events? This might get very interesting.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Apparently the gathering was NOT as peaceful as is implied. These poor, suffering students trashed that entire neighborhood, set things on fire, threw furniture from buildings and were throwing bottles at police BEFORE they marched in. Had they not acted like a bunch of drunken animals this probably would not have happened. If you want to " blow off some steam" fine...You just have to respect the property of others at the same time, and there are other people in the neighborhood...Look at the video...That place is TRASHED. If you want your human rights to be respected, I suggest you ACT like a human.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
. Question are events been geared up in order to set up a police state. Or is the police state being geared up to prepare for some believed future events? This might get very interesting.

With all the hype about heightened threat levels following B.L.'s death now would be a good time for marshall law... or a False flag and then martial law

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Eyes-There are no "townies" living in this area. A "townie" is a local permanent resident. It's several blocks away from the non-student area of the town and doesn't bother locals. It's only WIU students and the block party area is only one block long. I lived there for 6-7 years while in college and know the area very well.

Then I stand corrected, the letter made it sound sound like the students were running around all willy nilly... It's good to have someone that was actually there speak up.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No prob Eyes. I lived at 318 Wheeler and caught a glimpse of my old house. Ah, the memories! To the other poster who spoke of fires.....this was unusual and I believe the "fires" were started after the police arrived. The trash(beer cans, bottles,etc.) is all picked up next morning by the students who live there and other volunteers who are students. They also have an even bigger party called "big wheels" at a local frat house and they block off the street, have teams who push a student on a "big wheel " down a hill as a race. Yeah, it's silly seeing grown men and woman riding a "big wheel" down a hill drunk, but it's fun.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
There's always 2 sides to every story... the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

WIU Letter to Students

Boo Hoo , Tear Gas and Sonic Weapons.... cry me a river, back in the day when you didn't listen to police you got a SAP or billy club... These brats got what they deserved... I'm sure If I lived in that town and had to deal with this from the students, myself and my neighbors would be in city hall meetings wondering why our police force would allow these kids to break crap, set fires and vandalize... That place looked like a war zone... after those drunken monkeys stumble back to campus and their dorms and houses, who is left to take care of the aftermath.

This is the reason why your generation is hated so much. Back in the day yous really did riot, rape and cause all kinds of chaos. But yet when the younger generations throw a party that when compared to your generations revelry is more like a Sunday trip to Church(boomers are and where that bad) yous all but call out the national guard and tanks.

Baby Boomers make me sick to my stomach. Your such a fat, over consuming, high-holic lot that yous make hedonist's blush. But as soon as yous get power and a few gray hairs it is like your born again puritans.

Then again there is always the chance that boomers are being set-up for mass extermination. It wouldn't take much to demonize boomers further to the point that the rest of America would see the need for the boomers to be separated from the general population.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Its a tough call and I'm fairly biased against police. "Throwing furniture from your roof"- so what? Your furniture, your roof. Here, drunken recklessness is met with excessively aggressive crowd dispersal. If a curfew was in effect than maybe it was somewhat justifiable.
Nevertheless, this national cookie-cutter containment model is so impersonal that I'm not sure how well it accommodates small situations. I've seen the Spanish version of this which included street sweeping after a nonthreatening walk-through- like a parade. It was more like "ok, let's wrap it up" than "Wahwahawahahwah***Cough*Cough*wahawahwhawha"
Do you think in the US the cops would help clean those yards?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

WIU Letter to Students

This is the reason why your generation is hated so much. Back in the day yous really did riot, rape and cause all kinds of chaos. But yet when the younger generations throw a party that when compared to your generations revelry is more like a Sunday trip to Church(boomers are and where that bad) yous all but call out the national guard and tanks.

Baby Boomers make me sick to my stomach. Your such a fat, over consuming, high-holic lot that yous make hedonist's blush. But as soon as yous get power and a few gray hairs it is like your born again puritans.

Then again there is always the chance that boomers are being set-up for mass extermination. It wouldn't take much to demonize boomers further to the point that the rest of America would see the need for the boomers to be separated from the general population.....

#1 I'm only 30.....
#2 I'm a prior service Marine , and a current Firefighter....I served my country when I was younger & I serve my community now.
#3 Your post shows a stunning display of ignorance & is full of fail.... Carry On!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Amazing, sounded like the students were protesting but then I saw it happened in the US.

But I mean, it's totally okay to not protest, to get busted at a party then make a whole deal about it...I wonder what the average IQ was at that party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join