It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers...make us a fake video!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
With all the videos and info creeping onto the Internet lately, it's astonishing how quickly the debunkers are tearing these to pieces, particulary the alien videos and ufo sightings, all of which are apparently "fake"!

Here is a great example of an alien grey that is not confirmed real or fake. See the thread link below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet, they are so many on here that claim to be able to create, or know of people who could create better quality films themselves.

To all those debunkers, I say...make us a 100% authentic looking, although completely fake alien video that could make us skeptics sit back and say...."ahhh, maybe they're right afterall!"

I'd be happy to eat humble pie if this is the case.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I dunno about fake alien, but here is SkepticOverlord's fake UFO video: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why should i waste my time on something i consider to be a non issue?
It bothers me somewhat that others are distracted by something other than real issues, but hey, that is their choice.
Me myself, i will stay focused on something i can control.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Do we really need to make you a fake video when this site has hundreds of proven hoax videos in the hoax bin that almost all of YOU deemed 100% proof? Seriously, it's a complete waste of time to make a fake video, how about something a little better. How about those of us with the knowledge of the software used make a tutorial thread and show YOU how to make a fake video step by step?

That seems like a better use of our time other than making a stupid fake video people will post on other sites as real proof.

I'm far to busy to sit down and make one, mainly because of the modeling and rendering time required, but I could give advice on how to use the software (I'm a few years and versions out of the loop)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Lol you think that video is real?
really?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just watch the landing on mars video:

Of course, when the person who made this video saw this thread posted about his video, he gave ATS an official theme song.

Thanks to the gullible people of ATS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Don't forget the "how to's"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

post by Just Chris
To all those debunkers, I say...make us a 100% authentic looking, although completely fake alien video that could make us skeptics sit back and say...."ahhh, maybe they're right afterall!" I'd be happy to eat humble pie if this is the case.

Here's one that was done earlier this year by our own SkepticOverlord , its a recreation of the now infamous Dome of the rock footage , and to my mind it's better .... and completely fake , as was the original.

One slice or two

Dam....beaten to it

edit on 2-5-2011 by gortex because: eta

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
With all the videos and info creeping onto the Internet lately, it's astonishing how quickly the debunkers are tearing these to pieces, particulary the alien videos and ufo sightings, all of which are apparently "fake"!

Here is a great example of an alien grey that is not confirmed real or fake. See the thread link below:

Yet, they are so many on here that claim to be able to create, or know of people who could create better quality films themselves.

To all those debunkers, I say...make us a 100% authentic looking, although completely fake alien video that could make us skeptics sit back and say...."ahhh, maybe they're right afterall!"

Happy now?
2nd

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What topping does one put atop humble pie?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

How about this.
Instead you learn a video editing program and create your own fake UFO videos.
Then you will understand the time and effort involved for what? Maybe for you-tube views? Book deal? or maybe you just need the attention.
What ever the reasons there are plenty out there just check out the HOAX forum.
If you seek you will find don't expect others to do the work for you.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Happy now?
2nd

Not really, it was obvious SkepticPeg's UFO video was a fake!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Then you obviously are not here crying fake to every alien video produced and not claiming you or friends could do better and therefore not one of the people being requested to put their money where their mouht is.
You are correct. For 'you' it is a non-issue

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more! I've been barking up this tree for a long time. All these pics and videos that emerge, then someone with nothing better to do sits back and uttters a "fake!"....Some of these people have no computer skills other than basic everyday stuff, much less CGI, but have an experts "eye" and can spot a phoney a mile away.
Everyone is certainly welcome to their opinioin, but honestly, the only opinion that should really count, is from those folks that really do know what they're looking at.
Just my two cents.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You're completely missing the point. The thing is, there are already plenty of films and videos and other images that are technically good enough to possibly be "authentic." And being able to create one, or a duplicate of one, really doesn't prove anything other than it could be done -- not HOW an original was done.

The problem with the videos, etc., is that there isn't anything else associated with them that would prove them one way or another. Lack of other hard evidence is the problem. It starts with there not being a person willing to come forward and identify themselves as the source of the footage. Then it continues with there being only one person, instead of many who can collaborate the story. Then there's the lack of anything solid with a direct link to the footage. Something that can be independently studied by an expert who doesn't have a dog in the fight. And it continues right on up to there being a lack of anybody in authority verifying what has been presented.

It would be easy enough to create some UFO footage. But basically impossible to get duplicate photos from different angles, showing a landing and aliens, for instance, and then have them supposedly give us a bit of material or technology that an independent lab could prove was authentically alien. It's so hard, in fact, that nobody's been able to do it -- even those who have had "real" encounters.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You obviously do not understand the scientific process. It is the responsibility of the claimant to provide the evidence that something is real; that onus does not fall on anyone else. Therefore, skeptics need not make a fake video to "prove" other videos are fakes; if there is a video you believe to be authentic, it is your responsibility to produce a cogent argument as to why it is.

Plus, no single video can prove every video is a fake; which I suspect you know and is part of your tactic. As a single video cannot prove every video a fake, you will cite videos it doesn't debunk then declare such videos as authentic. On the same token, a single authentic video will not prove any other video as authentic. It is best to discuss videos on a case-by-case basis, which you are avoiding, another common tactic. You wish instead to speak in generalities and attack straw-men, those skeptics who may not be top-of-the-line expert video experts, so that you may ignore those skeptics who are and do provide expert analysis of videos.
edit on 2-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Umm.... I hate to admit it, but I really enjoy this one:

new topics

top topics

join