It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian state TV carries report of Israeli build-up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Iranian state TV carries report of Israeli build-up

www.reuters.com

Iranian state television ran a report Monday saying Israeli military aircraft were massing at a U.S. air base in Iraq for a strike on Iran

Israel said it had no knowledge of such a strike plan, as reported on the website of Iran's English-language Press TV, and Iraq's air force commander denied the report. The Pentagon dismissed it as "ridiculous."

An Israeli army spokeswoman said she had no knowledge of any such report and said the military did not comment on operational matters. Iraqi ai
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thoughts?
Who is telling the truth and who is lying?

Israel lies quite often but it's not like Iran is the most reliable source either, especially when the source is just a cleric.

Just of the heels of Iran saying there is no more reason to stay in the middle east now that Osama has been killed, well I agree with that.

I guess only time will tell who is telling the truth and who is lying.

www.reuters.com

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Thoughts?

Israel lies quite often but it's not like Iran is the most reliable source either, especially when the source is just a cleric.

Just of the heels of Iran saying there is no more reason to stay in the middle east now that Osama has been killed, well I agree with that.

I guess only time will tell who is telling the truth and who is lying.

www.reuters.com

Press TV is a known propaganda network. What do you expect from something that's state-run?

They've posted all kinds of similar horse# in the past.

And a nameless associate really sounds like a reliable source.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

US Airbase ????? What ???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne
Press TV is a known propaganda network. What do you expect from something that's state-run?

They've posted all kinds of similar horse# in the past.

And a nameless associate really sounds like a reliable source.

I have seen many reports come from Press TV that later came to be true

Also are you saying that Fox News and MSNBC and even CNN aren't state-run or at least 80% state-run?

Come on man, we aren't that much better let's be real

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would sincerely doubt that Israel are up to this; not because I do not think they are capable but for the simple reason 'why now?'

When the Iranians first came clean about some of their Nuclear reactors the Israelies responded by running various IAF 'exercises' as a form of sabre rattling and openly condemning Iran. But there has been nothing of the sort recently (I just came back from 3 weeks there) from what I have seen.

I would suggest that given Ahmadinejad's lack of popularity with his people and the uprisings in Syriah, Egypt and Libya it would be a good tactic to deflect his publics interest to an outside threat rather than have them start thinking like the other revolutionaries.

This is just my opinion though, we all know that anything can happen...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Could be a possible counter op to the OBL death going on maybe...
Iran keeping folks on alert via their state propaganda TV station just in case?

Not saying I believe press tv or any media in particular,but I can understand how Iran may feel more worried now OBL is death is public now.

Someone needs a new bogeyman see,and Iran's leadership could be the ones to cop that status.
Yes,I bet they are on alert for something happening soon IMO.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Iran is going to be in a real predicament within days as the UN and NATO Alliances begin to focus more and more attention on Syria.

We have seen this process repeat enough in recent months to know that Syria is going to be the next nation to have military intervention to 'protect' it's citizens from it's government.

That's going to put a lot of pressure on Iran to 'defend' a key regional ally.

Failure on Iran parts to come to Syria's aide will almost gaurantee them having to take a back seat to a reemergent Egypt that within just a few short weeks has brokered an end to the divide between Hamas and Fatah and reunited the Palestinians, and opened the border with Gaza effectively ending the illegal blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Meanwhile American Forces are stretched thin, and while we really have no shortage of stand off and attack weapons, drones and other ways to inflict overwhelming damage on nations like Libya and Syria, until forces can be drawn out of Afghanistan (hence Bin Ladens timely obituary after being worm food for ten years under a tora bora mountain) the Israelis likely are being positioned to playing a critical part in stemming off a retaliation attack of some sort by Iran for the pending attack on Syria.

Likewise Iran is screwed if it does come to Syria's aide since it will give the West the pretext it has long been trying to manufacture for direct military assault against Iran.

World War III is really beginning to pick up steam now.

I wouldn't discount Press TV on something like this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I wouldn't discount or believe any source these days friend.
The waters have been so muddied its hard to know whats really going on.
Of course,that is part of the plan.

What you said makes perfect sense sadly.
The world is heating up fast,and its not global warming.
Be safe.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Both sides lie so much that it is outright impossible to tell. However, as the days go by, we can make a determination. If Israel attacks, then Iran was telling the truth. If there is no attack, then Iran is telling lies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why would Israel "built-up" force for strike on Iran? For strike to succeed it has to be quick operation,Israel is not going to use all its airforce nor all its ground forces so Iran will always have overwelming number superiority. Catching Iranians unprepared is the key. Building force for long time near Iranian border in generally hostile area sounds dumb.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, Bilderberg said they wanted to go against Iran, real soon.

So... there might be some truth to it. We shall see.

If it happens, it won't be good... you think 4-5$ a gallon is bad?
Or you think a 1.8 trillion deficit is bad?

Not to mention the US would need a draft to take out Iran.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wonder if the 'osama dead' announcement is leading way for US troops out of iraq and into iran. All israel needs is a 9/11 style attack on itself with the blame pointed in irans direction. It worked before..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Netanyahu lies like the world were on fire. Nothing Bibi says could be trusted. I'd trust a crack head with my money then trust what Netanyahu has says.

Israel could very well be massing up for a battle with Iran.
edit on 2-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't know what planet you guys are living on but it sure is funny watching the clueless from over here.
Denial of 9/11 yet putting weight behind this bogus news piece speaks volumes.
Anything that doesn't fit must be part of a master plan, hahaha.
These guys can't balance a checkbook, sit at a table without fighting, and most can't hold together a marriage long enough to have a stable family yet you want us to believe they can come together and mastermind a worldwide decades long plot and execute it with flawless precision.
TIme to go throw some more pork on the BBQ.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99
I would sincerely doubt that Israel are up to this; not because I do not think they are capable but for the simple reason 'why now?'

They aren't capable, they need the help of the U.S.

Obama, the Assassin and Chief (he is good at striking important people) now has the "political capital", with the death of Osama, to go for another war. Obama looks good but it will only last so long as people realize that the economy still sucks and gas is still high.

This would be a good time.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm sure you'd make a better president

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Iran is going to be in a real predicament within days as the UN and NATO Alliances begin to focus more and more attention on Syria.

I think Iran is in a real predicament now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I think they know it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

They aren't capable, they need the help of the U.S.

Obama, the Assassin and Chief (he is good at striking important people) now has the "political capital", with the death of Osama, to go for another war. Obama looks good but it will only last so long as people realize that the economy still sucks and gas is still high.

This would be a good time.

Nah, too soon; plus he would be better off encouraging them to destabilise themselves via the CIA as he has with Libya, Egypt, Syria etc etc
edit on 2-5-2011 by AtlantisX99 because: bad spelling (again)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Right on schedule.. With the already dead osama killed by the u.s cue the genocidal psychopaths israel to murder more innocent people in cold blood.. The show must go on...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join