It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama or Usama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
CNN calls him Osama Bin Laden FOX news calls him Usama Bin Laden. Which is correct?

news.blogs.cnn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Outside of America, his official name is Usama..Inside America he's called Osama

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

both, use search... it's been pointed out in the last 18 hours.
second

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

His name is not natively written with english letters and translation from arabic to english gets fuzzy when it comes to the vowels used.

Both are correct.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Really?? Because that is really important in the grand scheme of things.

Can I just ask, is the translation of his arabic name a bit of a gray area or a bit of a grey area?

(sorry, time of the month)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think they say Usama so there is no confusion with Obama. I've noticed that too. Once Obama became President, all of these "Usama'" spellings came to the light, so I'm 100% positive it has something to do with Obama.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Really?? Because that is really important in the grand scheme of things.

Can I just ask, is the translation of his arabic name a bit of a gray area or a bit of a grey area?

(sorry, time of the month)

Really. It could be two different people. Just trying to clarify. By the way, in the grand scheme of things, there are way more important things.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah mostly in english speaking countries they call him Osama but everywhere else I think its Usama. Same with Gadaffi everywhere else they call him Kadaffi.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
We have all been duped. It's not the first letter of his name we are getting wrong, it's the second.

Osama?

NOPE

Obama

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Authenticated
Outside of America, his official name is Usama..Inside America he's called Osama

Some people believe his official, real name is Tim Osman.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I think they say Usama so there is no confusion with Obama. I've noticed that too. Once Obama became President, all of these "Usama'" spellings came to the light, so I'm 100% positive it has something to do with Obama.

The so called left media call him Osama and the far right Fox News calls him Usama.

There are 3 different spelling for the Koran/Coran/Quran. There are 2 spellings for Kadaffi/Gaddafif. I like to spell it Ka Daffy Duck.

new topics

top topics

join